Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

how do you see the msfs in a year?

It will be released in 2020. 

Their marketing strategy is very well thought out and obviously done to maximize exposure. Noway do they dump all this information (i.e. Feature Discovery Series), build so much hype, and then not release the game for another year+. My guess is that we'll have it by the summer in some form. 

It may be a public beta release, but it'll be released. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/15/2020 at 6:20 PM, jcomm said:

Hmmmm, probably uninstalled while I dig into XP12...

Don’t hold your breath for that! I can’t remember seeing even a hint that XP12 is on the horizon. Vulcan is likely to be the next big update to XP (perhaps they’ll call that XP12) and whilst that may well improve performance, it won’t necessarily do anything for other things in the sim like the odd ground handling or lack of decent ATC, for example.

XP updates have generally been evolutionary and it would need something truly revolutionary to match some of the features we’ve seen in this new sim, even at its current stage of development.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Stumbled across this when accidentally going to the last page here. Funny to see and read what some hoped, foresaw and guessed and where we are now. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

9 hours ago, DAD said:

Stumbled across this when accidentally going to the last page here. Funny to see and read what some hoped, foresaw and guessed and where we are now. 

Yeah, I guess it's time we were asking the same questiin again.  I'm guessing that in Feb 2022 Asobo will still be releasing updates that break things though past performance may not be an indicator of future performance.

I hope they actually let us have beta updates to test unless they can sort out their in house beta testing 

If MS are good to their promise to support the sim for 10 years, things will continue to improve and develop, so we are sure to see some surprises. I'm wondering already what MSFS2030 is going to look like.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

It's only been 6 months since MSFS 2020 was released, so much can change in the next six months. 😀

Looking back at the last 6 months, ASOBO has made the sim worse. They ruined coastlines, added mesh spikes, removed watermasks, broke payware airplanes, added blue taxi lights at many payware airports, the live weather feature still doesn't work all the time, loading times have increased, and sim performance has decreased. At times the sim has been unstable, leading to CTDs, and even managed to cause the sim not to load after an update. Even the server has crashed leading to many unhappy customers.

They did add some sceneries and airports which I'm grateful for, but the MSFS freeware community of creators and payware add-ons have done so much more to improve the sim, while ASOBO has done a lot to break important features of the sim, that I can conclude (IMO) that the first 6 months of MSFS 2020 have been a fiasco.

Despite the negative issues, I still continue to support the add-on creators and sometimes even the marketplace, because I love this new sim and I want to see the dev team succeed.

Just keeping it real after six months of experience with the sim and after purchasing over 100 payware add-ons for MSFS.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

43 minutes ago, DJJose said:

t the first 6 months of MSFS 2020 have been a fiasco.

purchasing over 100 payware add-ons for MSFS.

Yeah, sure a real fiasco.....

• Like 1

A year from now MSFS still in business and much more complaining by some and more enjoyment by others.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yeah, sure a real fiasco.....

Sarcasm from the individual who doesn't buy add-ons and relies on the generosity of mod creators. Very predictable!

When Osobo runs out Photoscenery to get people to buy MSFS the gravy train will run out. Where is the cutoff for diminishing return. Or they going to make Scenery updates for , Africa, Greenland, Siberia, South America. I predict the updates will run out in one or two years. Maybe Helicopters will give a boost in sales. Maybe some Osobo Addons for new planes, 

I don't think you will see much improvements in default airplanes only things that drastically affect scenery quality like contrails, some improvements to default airport traffic, 

Basically what you have now it what your get except for Addons from outside vendors.

Regards

• Upvote 2

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

I'm on hold. As it is right now MFS only keeps me away from it, and occupies a lot of useless space on my small SSDs, and... runs not acceptably or at least far from what I get with other flightsims...

It has so many limitations in the core flight dynamics and sytems modeling that it'll take some good months to - I hope - evolve towards an accetable platform to jump into.

I now give a lot of credit to the words of those from either Prepared or X-Plane who commented that they were not going to take the plunge. I believe they would have already got back on their old platforms and wait for better days.

I'm waiting, and still have some hope, but honestly MFS reminds me a lot of the "The King is Naked"...

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Man, I must be the only optimistic guy in this thread. I foresee a brilliant future for FS. Call me naive but I find hard to understand how so many people spend their time  ominously critizising instead of flying XP, P3D or whatever they love ,enjoying their flying time and forgetting about such a "fiasco". Sigh.

• Like 5

Iñigo Bildarratz

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

that I can conclude (IMO) that the first 6 months of MSFS 2020 have been a fiasco

I get the impression you tend to look at things with a slightly negative perspective 😅

• Like 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Just now, Aristoteles said:

Man, I must be the only optimistic guy in this thread. I foresee a brilliant future for FS. Call me naive but I find hard to understand how so many people spend their time  ominously critizising instead of flying XP, P3D or whatever they love ,enjoying their flying time and forgetting about such a "fiasco". Sigh.

What's the difference between a flight simmer and a jet airliner? When a jet airliner shows up, it stops making a whining noise.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

I get the impression you tend to look at things with a slightly negative perspective 😅

Just trying to improve the sim. Nothing more, nothing less.