Sign in to follow this  
simtom

March 12th, 2020 Development Update

March 12th, 2020 Development Update

wecutthegrassbecausitwastoolong-scaled.jpg

“Either the grass/weeds are too big or the plane is too small. Hope they can fix things like this before release…”

• Avsim User

Fix grass. Check. 

• MSFT

The team has been hard at work on a number of key deliverables we’re planning to release in the near future. There are a few updates we wanted to make everyone aware of:

• March 19th – EPISODE 8 (Multiplayer) will be released.
  • March 19th – DR roadmap preview for April/May will be released.
  • Early April – EPISODE 7 (IFR) will be released.
  • Early April – Partnership Series update will be released.

ALPHA BUILD UPDATE
The upcoming Alpha build update is currently in release testing. We expect to provide a release date and build notes in our next update on March 19th.

ALPHA INVITATIONS
For those of you that have not yet registered for pre-release build testing or that have registered but would like to update your DXDIAG information, we will be opening registration on March 16th.

On March 19th, we will provide an update on our invitation timeline.

Feature-Discovery-Banner-GIF.gif

• EPISODE 8 (MULTIPLAYER) IS ALMOST HERE!

On March 19th, the team will be releasing the next episode in the Feature Discovery Series (Episode 8 – Multiplayer). In this episode, we’ll  take an in-depth look at the multiplayer feature in the upcoming next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator!

• EPISODE 7 (IFR) COMING IN EARLY APRIL.

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT
We have released an updated version of the Feedback Snapshot! Head into the Insider Area to check it out.

0301FS.jpg

SDK UPDATE
The SDK is now being used by over 50 companies and hundreds of programmers and artists. We have spent time listening, discussing and learning from our 3rd party developers, and we are working closely with them to keep improving the tools. The new aircraft editor is close to being finished with several improvements to the workflow. We also made lots of progress on WebAssembly support, which is the technology that will allow the porting of native code to our platform. We are excited to share what we developed with our partners within the next few weeks.

Several 3rd parties have started to share the roadmaps with us and we happy to report that dozens of planes and airports are in development and we are hopeful that quite a few of them will be ready by the time our new simulator is released.

Community-Banner-GIF.gif

MORE GREAT SCREENSHOTS FROM ALPHA PARTICIPANTS!

Mexico.png

Screenshot Credit: Acktu Nasrabi

Mountain.png

Screenshot Credit: bonham Five

NightRun.jpg

Screenshot Credit: iahoo2k

South-Africa-2048x1152.jpg

Screenshot Credit: tomlaut1980

Spring.png

Screenshot Credit: ExpressTomato52

Taxi.png

Screenshot Credit: imaner767612

Telluride-2048x1152.jpg

Screenshot Credit: ShortFinal

Tropical-2048x1152.jpg

Screenshot Credit: SteffoHD

Africa.png

Screenshot Credit: OrneryCuss

Ahmedabad.jpeg

Screenshot Credit: DampfGepard9514

Japan-2048x1152.jpg

Screenshot Credit: tomlaut1980

NEXT UPDATE – 03.18.20

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by simtom
Updated layout
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Thanks MSFS for posting the update early for us Europeans.

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

waiting for another week to decide what to decide!

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Now the grass bent by the wheels is missing 😄

• Like 2

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

I hope for more of my AVSIM friends to be able to enter the next beta turn.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

So everything important will be delayed at least for a week (or more) again, and those who signed at first to the alpha will have the same options than those who sign next week, again. 

With this and the CoVid19 spreading around my country, this week its being an absolutely mess. 

Edited by aleex
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Anthracite said:

word not allowed, they even added some colour variation to the grass. It looks phenomenal.

And they toned down the ambient occlusion it seems.

Hm which Palace is that in Japan? I'm going to assume Tokyo, but it could also easily be Kyoto.

Edit: Look at the google maps, I don't think it's either.

Edited by Tuskin38

MSFS can we have a little extra random nugget of big info to take our minds off this Corona Virus madness?

An actual full small flight would do the trick I'm sure.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

6 minutes ago, aleex said:

With this and the CoVid19 spreading around my country, this week its being an absolutely mess. 

A bit OT but I understand how you feel. Catalan government just locked down a city and a couple of towns just 60km from where I live 😞

Great update too 

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by chass32
  • Upvote 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

0301FS.jpg

• Like 1

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

According to the Feedback Snapshot they are working on tree scaling as well. Rest assured they are continuing to listen.

7 minutes ago, aleex said:

I feel you, situation is quite scary in here as well, with most infection cases converged around my hometown. Things like these weekly updates help lighten up the mood, though I'm not saying an Alpha invite wouldn't help more... 😉

It could actually be a good idea to add more testers now that most people are staying home and probably have more free time to test.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 5