Sign in to follow this  
simtom

March 12th, 2020 Development Update

They are opening the registration for alpha again. Why cant they use already registered people? 

• Upvote 2

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

48 minutes ago, zemez said:

They are opening the registration for alpha again. Why cant they use already registered people? 

They are! Did you miss the bit about being able to update DXDIAG information? Opening registration also enables those not already registered to do so.

Give people power to really test their personality.

10 hours ago, pmb said:

I am sure ORBX, Aerosoft, PMDG, A2A, and the like are full speed working on MSFS versions right now to be the first on the market.

Kind regards, Michael

I always had that feeling that it won't take 2, 3 years for addons to come around. This sim sets new standards on a lot of things, not just graphics wise. Also how they cater to the community. Which makes total sense. It's what makes the sim popular.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Yep! The image of the moon is reversed in the screen shot. It’s not upside down, just left/right swapped. Mare Crisium, the almost perfectly circular dark feature at the upper left should actually appear at the upper right.

That said, the tester who took the screen shot may have accidentally reversed it if they did any post-processing / editing of the image.

Not sure about that - the watermark on the shot reads correctly - iahoo2k - so I don't think it was reversed after capture.

Ian Box

11 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

One of those images is Ahmedabad India. Is that our first screenshot from India?

It is 😃

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

2 hours ago, SamYeager said:

They are! Did you miss the bit about being able to update DXDIAG information? Opening registration also enables those not already registered to do so.

Yes, but i mean more registered users, less changes to get in. 

• Upvote 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

4 hours ago, zemez said:

Exactly my thoughts. There are still a few who registered day one and didnt get in yet and instead of inviting those few unfortunate souls, they decide to open the registration again, hence lowering the chances further of getting in. So unfair..

• Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I've seen enough screenshots to last me a lifetime. Yes, it's great. I'm convinced. What I would like to see is a short video of an Ai aircraft landing and exiting the active runway. Same for a take-off.

Let's see how much better that aspect of the sim is compared to ESP / FSX / P3D which has remained the same 14 years!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

May of those shots could easily be actual photographs, they're that good.  Looking forward to seeing a bit more before corona brings about he end of humanity.

• Like 2

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

13 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

if you plan on keeping that system for a good while longer, don't worry.

Thats the funny part, I planned on upgrading as soon as the release to either i9-9900k or R9 3950x depending on what it runs better on.  I have a HTPC I could add it to though.....

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've seen enough screenshots to last me a lifetime. Yes, it's great. I'm convinced. What I would like to see is a short video of an Ai aircraft landing and exiting the active runway. Same for a take-off.

Let's see how much better that aspect of the sim is compared to ESP / FSX / P3D which has remained the same 14 years!

That's exactly why I ask for a small full flight video Ray, to actually see the sim running as best as it can.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

22 minutes ago, eaim said:

That's exactly why I ask for a small full flight video Ray, to actually see the sim running as best as it can.

I agree that would be useful because fluidity is very important. And from inside the flight deck too, not external. But that doesn’t guarantee we’ll see Ai which is why I want to see something specific regarding those.

And videos shot at 5Mbps, 10 and 20 so we can best see how a slow connection affects how much you see.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What I would like to see is a short video of an Ai aircraft landing and exiting the active runway. Same for a take-off.

I want to see that, and the cockpit of the 747. I'm very curious what the comparison between default and PMDG is gonna be this go-round.

55 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

Thats the funny part, I planned on upgrading as soon as the release to either i9-9900k or R9 3950x depending on what it runs better on.  I have a HTPC I could add it to though.....

I see. Anyway, next month the Comet Lake line-up is released (albeit with few to none architectural or price-to-performance improvements it seems), and later this year Zen 3 will come with a nice IPC uplift, so unless your current CPU is too weak it might be worth waiting for the newer products.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1