Sign in to follow this  
simtom

March 12th, 2020 Development Update

Still no shots to reveal rendition of local GA airports.  I still with FSX live and die by user created local airport sceneries.  How will that work for 2020? Or will they even be needed.  Want to ramp up interest?  Sho Me!  ( I once lived in Missouri).  

Yeh! Show me a shot of KSUS, Spirit, St Louis County!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

11 minutes ago, eaim said:

MSFS can we have a little extra random nugget of big info to take our minds off this Corona Virus madness?

Well, in that bit about the SDK, how about: we are happy to report that dozens of planes and airports are in development and we are hopeful that quite a few of them will be ready by the time our new simulator is released

Kinda big to me! I was hoping this. Very nice! Now I can have my first flight in MSFS in the A2A Aerostar 😁

Edited by Rimshot
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

According to the Feedback Snapshot they are working on tree scaling as well. Rest assured they are continuing to listen.

I feel you, situation is quite scary in here as well, with most infection cases converged around my hometown. Things like these weekly updates help lighten up the mood, though I'm not saying an Alpha invite wouldn't help more... 😉

It could actually be a good idea to add more testers now that most people are staying home and probably have more free time to test.

I'll second that ChaoticBeauty.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Still no shots to reveal rendition of local GA airports.  I still with FSX live and die by user created local airport sceneries.  How will that work for 2020? Or will they even be needed.  Want to ramp up interest?  Sho Me!  ( I once lived in Missouri).  

Yeh! Show me a shot of KSUS, Spirit, St Louis County!

They showed a shot of Mt. Hawley airport in Peoria, IL not too long ago.  As a native of Peoria, it looks pretty darn good.

• Like 1

Nice update.  Interesting 'Top Questions'.   Will this turn into a FAQ so we can see the answers? Bing Improvement plan, damage model and nav data update frequency would be great to know. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Anyone know what this actually means from the update?

"We also made lots of progress on WebAssembly support, which is the technology that will allow the porting of native code to our platform."

Is it referring to a tool to aid in porting addons over the MSFS?

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

One of those images is Ahmedabad India. Is that our first screenshot from India?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Well, in that bit about the SDK, how about: we are happy to report that dozens of planes and airports are in development and we are hopeful that quite a few of them will be ready by the time our new simulator is released

Kinda big to me! I was hoping this. Very nice! Now I can have my first flight in MSFS in the A2A Aerostar 😁

I am sure ORBX, Aerosoft, PMDG, A2A, and the like are full speed working on MSFS versions right now to be the first on the market.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, ual763 said:

They showed a shot of Mt. Hawley airport in Peoria, IL not too long ago.  As a native of Peoria, it looks pretty darn good.

Totally missed that one.  I fly a lot in the midwest, using KBMG and KSUS most often.  Fly often into KTBN where I was stationed as an Air Force meteorologist supporting fixed and rotary wing US Army pilots, and KTIP, Rantoul, IL, where I was trained.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

I am sure ORBX, Aerosoft, PMDG, A2A, and the like are full speed working on MSFS versions right now to be the first on the market.

Kind regards, Michael

True, but listening to Mathijis Kok I'd be surprised if AS has a product available to buy at release.

Edited by eaim
  • Upvote 1

I just spent $158 (minutes ago) on old DDR3 just so I can have 32GB and update my dxdiag for the 16th.  Seems silly but......

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Totally missed that one.  I fly a lot in the midwest, using KBMG and KSUS most often.  Fly often into KTBN where I was stationed as an Air Force meteorologist supporting fixed and rotary wing US Army pilots, and KTIP, Rantoul, IL, where I was trained.

I can’t wait to see what the engine does with cornfields!!

Although this was still a pretty decent update, I was really really looking forward to watching an MSFS video, I think I must be getting withdrawal symptoms. I think I'm now a full blown MSFS addict.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

I just spent $158 (minutes ago) on old DDR3 just so I can have 32GB and update my dxdiag for the 16th.  Seems silly but......

There is information that suggests the simulator can indeed use more than 16GB in some circumstances, so it's a good investment if you plan on keeping that system for a good while longer, don't worry.

• Like 1

The SDK is now being used by over 50 companies and hundreds of programmers and artists. We have spent time listening, discussing and learning from our 3rd party developers, and we are working closely with them to keep improving the tools. The new aircraft editor is close to being finished with several improvements to the workflow. We also made lots of progress on WebAssembly support, which is the technology that will allow the porting of native code to our platform. We are excited to share what we developed with our partners within the next few weeks.

Several 3rd parties have started to share the roadmaps with us and we happy to report that dozens of planes and airports are in development and we are hopeful that quite a few of them will be ready by the time our new simulator is released.

This alone was absolutely worth the update today. Made me smile like an [insert word describing stupid people] in front of my PC.

In all seriousness, it's incredible how this keeps getting better and better. I thought 3rd party content being ready at release was wishful thinking. At this point you'll probably also get gifted your own, real airliner as a thank you for buying the new sim...

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 6

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD