Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

French Alpha tester video (no NDA breaking)

Thanks for the translation, I didn't have time last night.

The cache is not limited to 100gb, he says you can use 4Tb if you want.

The installer, the sim itself (80Gb without offline mode) and the cache can be on 3 different drives.

In cache mode you can select the quality of the sat images.

Noooch posted it when I was already off the internet. Claviateur already gave a translation of most of it. Here are some loose notes I took when listening. 

Adrien has been in the alpha test since early February. And what they see is changing with each version of the alpha.

The download is 3 Gb for a launcher from the Windows Store then you add 80 Gb for the sim with options like the aircraft you are interested in.

He can't show you images from his PC because of the NDA which doesn’t prevent him to talk about the sim though.

All sliders to the right (« à fond la balle » for those willing to learn the French spoken by a youngster), he gets 40 fps in the countryside and 25 fps in cities (New York, Paris) at 2560x1440.

He saw what he calls « traces » of an Asobo home-made raytracing

Joysticks have presets

Aircraft . Only GA, no airliners in the alpha. The Icon 5 is also missing.

Connexion :

The off line mode is not available in the alpha.

In the countryside (rural setting), a 3 Mbps ADSL connexion is enough to dowload the scenery  but not in a city like NY where the PC will struggle. 

But the cache helps. you can choose its size whatever you want. He mentionned 10 GB or 4TB as examples  He chose 100 GB to be on the safe side.

Downloading the sat map will take time of course but then the sim will use what is on the cache instead. The 3 GB can be on a drive, the 80 GB sim on another drive, and your cache on a third drive. Your choice.

Weather : you can select presets (including your own) or live data

The real traffic is a very recent addition to the alpha and there is not much to see because of the general confinement.

airports 17678 have been worked on by Asobo as international airports 

ATC : manual (you do it) or automatic (the copilots does it)

PRO as lovely as the in the teasers, extremely realistic weather, 

CON of the alpha no offline mode, the downloads are quite long, a lot of optimization still to be done but already runs better than XP or P3D, no downloading cache per geographic zone.

No release date, no recommended specs yet

Edited by domkle
  • Like 10

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

this appears to be the config in use.............sorry for the cut and paste

Config: Proc: Intel core i9-7940x délid 3.10 Ghz / mais OC à 4.5 Ghz sur tout les coeurs & Wathercoolé Carte mere: Gigabyte X299 AORUS GAMING 9 VRM Watercoolé 1080TI Asus Strix Watercoolé et OC Ram: 64 Go DDR4 2666 Mhz SSD M2 Samsung 960 Pro 1To SSD Samsung 850 Pro 128 Go Disque dur 4 To HGST Disque dur 2 To Seagate Disque dur 2 To WD Black Boitier: Thermaltek Core X9 Windows 10 Pro Hackintosh (Mac OSX High Sierra): SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TO

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 hour ago, domkle said:

because of the NDA which doesn’t prevent him to talk about the sim though.

Unless he's been specifically instructed by Microsoft I'd say that he's clearly in breach of this bit from the NDA:

3. Do not describe any part of the Game on any venue unless we’ve instructed you to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Just now, SierraDelta said:

Unless he's been specifically instructed by Microsoft I'd say that he's clearly in breach of this bit from the NDA:

3. Do not describe any part of the Game on any venue unless we’ve instructed you to.

These are my notes about what he said, not my opinion.

Beyond the legal issue, my opinion is that he does great service to MS because he answers questions we all have had these recent weeks (even purely factual eg the offline mode or the absence of floatplanes). He says several times in the video that everything he has seen so far can change from an alpha to the other to the beta to the release. He obviously learned his lesson. It complements quite well the alpha screenshots.

• Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

@domkle Thanks for the comprehensive and complete translation. I was ready to go to bed last night when I saw the video post here. 

• Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

12 hours ago, Claviateur said:

No live ATC yet...

This caught my attention. Was there any bit of information so far that talks about this? I don't think so, but I could have missed it. In any case, what would live ATC be? RW ATC being streamed while flying?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

If there is live traffic and there is ATC, it must be some kind of live ATC...

The constant streaming of scenery is not something you’ll want on an SSD (unless it’s on a SSD dedicated completely to it) that would eat up your write limit pretty quickly depending on how often you fly and at what resolution  you download the images at.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The constant streaming of scenery is not something you’ll want on an SSD (unless it’s on a SSD dedicated completely to it) that would eat up your write limit pretty quickly depending on how often you fly and at what resolution  you download the images at.

+1

I have been saying that from fisrt day we know about cache.

Your TBW (TeraBytes Written) value will grow faster, and eventually degrade your SSD. Newer ones have a higher TBW value, but older SSD will degrade faster.

16 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

From what he said it sounds like you can put the scenery cache on any drive you want to, so it shouldn't be too hard to have a dedicated spinny drive just for the cache?

16 minutes ago, Mengy said:

From what he said it sounds like you can put the scenery cache on any drive you want to, so it shouldn't be too hard to have a dedicated spinny drive just for the cache?

I have an M.2 as boot drive C. I am not sure if the MSFS scenery cache (which I will use perhaps 1 h/d, given the cache is even switched on) or the page file (which is in continual use >12 h/d) will put more write access strain to the drive.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hmm this is new, learning about SSDs degrading. I do not have a spinny drive. Just 2 SSD, 250gb each. Do I need to buy an old style drive then? How bad is the degradation? 

15 minutes ago, tommy10101 said:

Hmm this is new, learning about SSDs degrading. I do not have a spinny drive. Just 2 SSD, 250gb each. Do I need to buy an old style drive then? How bad is the degradation? 

On good modern ones not even close to enough for you to worry about. You will still get years out of one. I have absolutely no concerns about buying 1 or 2 TB M.2 NVMe drives for the job from someone like Samsung.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

According to Adrien, the flight plan is filled automatically once we entered the departure and the arrival airport.

Just thought it was worth mentioning it...