Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FsElite Youtube Stream P3D V5 Night Lighting

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Last time I checked MSFS 2020 has not been released. To answer your question, based on what the dev team has said, there will be an SDK. Even that has not yet been realized. When that's available and the sim is released, how many years is it going to take to get all the aircraft's that are currently available for P3D v4?

Having said all that, it was an answer to the question "what P3D does that other sims can't replicate?"

Don't sound so defensive! 😀

According to the team developing MSFS, 150 developers have the SDK and preparing their products for entry into the new platform; two of the biggest players, PMDG/Aerosoft have already pledged to port their existing platforms to MSFS.  It's not too difficult to believe they're 2 of the 150 aforementioned companies....

If you take MS at their word, and they've been remarkably straight forward to date, it won't take long for developers to port their products; heck, PMDG and Aerosoft ask consumers to 'trust them' when offering the 737 NGXu and A330...both indicated they would be moved to MSFS in short order...

Besides, you don't need 'all the aircraft' to be ported right away; just a handful.    

• Like 1

Matt King

6 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

According to the team developing MSFS, 150 developers have the SDK and preparing their products for entry into the new platform;

You know, I have never even tried to count them but have to think of 150 companies like PMDG/Aerosoft  would be hard.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

12 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Not exactly sure how that makes a platform a 'gamer's sim', because it hadn't had time to get addons yet? Would be a strange way of looking at it. Besides, isn't a majority of the P3D addon library basically just makeup to pretty up the old goat; hundreds of dollars worth of texture, LC, region, mesh, autogen, clouds, trees, FFTF modifies, tweak apps, shader modifiers, add lights to traffic, traffic addons themselves, night lighting on a per region basis, everything completely redundant when the sim already has that and it's already better. So I'm sure that has to be some core reason why P3D is a simmer's sim outside of just that?

But if thousands of dollars worth of essentially crutches is what makes it a real simmer's sim, I don't think I want a simmer's sim by that definition 😛

Let's have this conversation after MSFS2020 is released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, shivers9 said:

You know, I have never even tried to count them but have to think of 150 companies like PMDG/Aerosoft  would be hard.

Why do they have to be as large as PMDG/Aerosoft to be relevant to this discussion? If you go to Simmarket, and search for just P3D V4 aircraft, you'll find 73 vendors and 417 aircraft...that's just one segment.  Never mind the various tools, scenery, sounds, missions, and texture developers.  Also, i think you're being a little short-sited; MSFS has appeal well beyond the flight simulation community; thus, said companies may not be flight sim content creators.  Instead, they could be looking at MSFS for other applications.    

Matt King

1 hour ago, SimonC said:

Who's to say, that MSFS won't offer the same? Do you know if Asobo is already (or is not) working with 3PDs?

Here is a quote from the MSFS development update from 2 days ago:

We are excited to have over 150 third party companies using our SDK and working on many amazing updates for the new simulator.

All the big sims have an SDK and all of them are welcoming 3rd party developers. No difference there. Actually, it's extremely important for any sim to have the 3rd party developers onboard. The difference is that the P3D way, which the beta testers seem to confirm, is that P3D is just some base engine and it's totally up to the the 3rd party developers to make it usable.  Even for the most basic functionality. The FS9/FSX/P3D community has a strong history of having to pay for every single tiny improvement. But should we really have to pay additional money just to replace the tree textures so they become acceptable? Just an example. Personally I don't think so. Maybe if the sim was free of charge but that's not really the case. I have wasted so much money on similar payware addons over the years.

For the other sims on the other hand, they try to create a great sim and encourage the 3rd party developers to make it even greater. I can't believe why people get so offensive about this. Look at the enormous amount of X-plane addons. Many of them are completely free and also much better than their P3D's payware alternatives. This is what happens when you involve the community instead of working against them trying to get as much money from them as possible.

Finally, a lot of old time P3D simmers look at MSFS and go "LOL, it looks cool so it must be a toy game that is completely useless". They totally miss everything that has been completely overhauled, which is long overdue. The eye candy is just on top of the real changes in the core and the developers have been very open with what has been done when it comes to flight dynamics, weather, flight controls and avionics etc. Too bad that there is too much prestige to see that.

Edited by tolip2
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Speaking of add-ons FlyTampa's EHAM v2 has just been released!

Thanks ! My home airport .

Can you post the link as I do not see any news on th FT site/forum..

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

39 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Speaking of add-ons FlyTampa's EHAM v2 has just been released!

Don't you mean Copenhagen? 

Yeah, they released EKCH, not EHAM. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

13 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Don't you mean Copenhagen? 

OMG! I can't believe I said EHAM. My bad!

17 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Thanks ! My home airport .

Can you post the link as I do not see any news on th FT site/forum..

Sorry Gerard, I meant EKCH.

2 hours ago, eaim said:

Time will tell if your right, I'm not sure if your implying that if you fly on P3Dv5 you are a serious simmer, by refering to P3Dv5 as a simmer's sim but I assume that tens of thousands of simmers will use both, so would that make you a gamer simmer when your flying on MSFS, but if the same person fires up P3Dv5 your magically a serious simmer even though you will be immersed equally in both sim complexity wise?

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

Will never understand this, not sure what P3D does that other sims can't replicate? Does being severely outdated making it more of a simmer's sim?

You (and others who I'm not quoting) apparently don't recognize snark <ducking flying bricks> when you read it. 👴

Seriously though, P3D is primarily developed and sold as a "professional simulator" for "serious simulations" so to compare it with MSFS is simply a non sequitur.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Either MSFS is great out of the box or there are 150 third party developers working on add ons. It can't be both IMO.

54 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I've said this before, I really wish MS/Asobo would just give everyone Alpha access so it would end these threads of speculation, let you discover what is real ... it seems it doesn't matter what thread someone starts it ends up being about MSFS.  I'm all for being OPEN and TRANSPARENT 🙂

uc?id=1eLi6CFnHYm1NuBeM0uRolsOIVnMat_6_

Cheers, Rob.

I really don’t post very often. But have been simming since fs2000...

Are you saying we should compare P3D V5, with thousands of $ in addons to MSFS alpha, with no addons? (For the record, I haven’t been selected for the alpha) I do own most, if not all of the P3D enhancements addons(not cheap by the way)...but I think I will pass this time. I don’t think I have ever seen such a low level of enthusiasm in a new version of a flightsim ever. Maybe it’s the MSFS effect. And even if it is, from what I’ve seen and read, it doesn’t seem to be such a bad thing. Nothing I have seen from P3D V5 is motivating me to upgrade.

And just between you and me, it really seem like some people are going out of their way to defend and sell this new P3D version.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, flytrumpet767 said:

I don’t think I have ever seen such a low level of enthusiasm in a new version of a flightsim ever. 

If that is so, then why did AVSIM set a new record for most users online when P3Dv5 was announced?  (drops mic)

You can dismiss it, calling it morbid curiosity if you wish.  But like it or not, it got them buzzing, positive or negative.  

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

for me the performance improvements and dx12 is enough.  I'm also in the msfs alpha, but I have so many p3d addons and most major scenery devs already committed to p3d.  I'm only waiting for FSL and PMDG.

As soon as they give green light I'm with p3d.

and when msfs is here we will see how long it takes till all the nice addons are over there.  and then I decide.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT