Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Will it be like before in this way

15 minutes ago, jlund said:

Thanks, I assumed it was a graphic thing, like better Anti Aliasing, resolution etc.but what you're (Google) saying is it can use the CPU and GPU more effectiv?

That is how I understand it. Microsoft claims a 20% performance increase over Dx11. Additionally Ray Tracing only works with Dx12.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

16 hours ago, jfri said:

I wonder what will happen after MSFS2020 is released ? Will there be a new MSFS2022 and then MSFS2024 with new insane hardware requirements. Like earlier MSFS releases ? Or will it be more like Office 365 ?

There is a reason it is called Microsoft Flight Simulator and not MSFS2020, FS2020 or whatever else people still calls it on Avsim.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

17 hours ago, jfri said:

I wonder what will happen after MSFS2020 is released ? Will there be a new MSFS2022 and then MSFS2024 with new insane hardware requirements. Like earlier MSFS releases ? Or will it be more like Office 365 ?

please tell me, with the exception of Aerofly FS 2 (because there is no real weather display, no AI...etc) - which flight simulator is currently capable of displaying everything in full detail, with Addons, with AI Traffic, full Weather ..., without high end hardware and this with acceptable frames . Which one ? I has them all and I can say it - no one (I´m here talking eventually about multi-monitor solutions und high resolutions) !! Except - MS Flight Simulator Alpha at the moment (of course the details and addon planes are missing there) but compared to the amount of data displayed it runs better even in alpha stage (even with DX11, with bugs in some cases, of course) and eventually XP11 Vulkan, performs very well on my machine but as soon as an addon on is in play (SkyMaxx Pro with high settings) to get close to the look or cloud distance (and this nowhere near) of the MSFS, it is already over, to be honest.

- so please stop this childish "that is something for kids" and other statements - it may be that the fears will be confirmed (regarding DLC's and other things) but you have to be glad that finally something new is coming and for the efforts of the competition not bad anyway.

and this constant bashing without really knowing it is annoying, whether P3D, MS Flight Simulator or anything else, no matter.

we can discuss here and help each other anyway, but this constant "looking into the glass sphere" is slowly boring. As the situation in the world at the moment is, we should be glad that a flight simulator exists at all. 

and YES,  the answer is simple:

YES, FULL DETAIL SIMULATION - BEAUTIFUL SIM = VERY EXPENSIVE HARDWARE - no matter whichever SIM you choose !!

Edited by AUA425

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

6 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

There is a reason it is called Microsoft Flight Simulator and not MSFS2020, FS2020 or whatever else people still calls it on Avsim.

Dos Equis.

On 4/12/2020 at 3:44 PM, noob123 said:

A lot of software is moving towards a model of a single software that is continually updated rather than releases of new, distinct versions. Microsoft Windows 10, as well as most cloud software follows this model, and I wouldn't be surprised if MSFS does as well

Yeah, but that software is subscription based, and if I recall MS said FS would not require a subscription. If that's still true, I can't see them providing continuous free updates for a decade or more with only the initial purchase price.

On 4/12/2020 at 5:56 PM, ludekbrno said:

MSFS2020 do not exist. It is only MSFS. I think, that it says everything :-) It is almost certain, that there will be only one version with continuous updates, like Windows 10 or Office365.

Office365 is subscription software, so it`s updated for life for free like windows 10, we will see,

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Heads up y'all

It is called

**Microsoft Flight Simulator**

There is no. 2020. 2024. 20whatever. Microsoft Flight Simulator.

We know.

We're still going to call it 2020. To distinguish it from the 13 other Microsoft Flight Simulators.

1 hour ago, JPStudios said:

Heads up y'all

It is called

**Microsoft Flight Simulator**

There is no. 2020. 2024. 20whatever. Microsoft Flight Simulator.

So if I say MSFS 2020, on AVSIM, in the Microsoft Flight Simulator section, you won't know what I am talking about?  Why are you making a big deal about it?  I use MSFS 2020 because I also talk on other forums, places where still haven't heard about the new sim.  So saying 2020 removes confusion.

Dont those simes each have their own unique individual names? (to avoid confusion)

Is not the name 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'unique?

Is not the name 'Microsoft Flight Simulator' used by Microsoft & Asobo (who are building the thing?)

You DO know that FS2020 is the name of a Farming Simulator?

You DO know that FS20/FS2020 is also the name of Aerofly Flight Simulator for Android & others?

It seems like only Avsimmers are confused by Microsoft's naming of their sims.

Maybe, to avoid confusing fellow Avsimmers, try use the correct name of the sim in question!

It seems like only Avsimmers are confused by Microsoft's naming of their sims.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

20 minutes ago, eslader said:

We know.

We're still going to call it 2020. To distinguish it from the 13 other Microsoft Flight Simulators.

Why? No other simulator was called "Microsoft Flight Simulator" (or MSFS).

• Upvote 1

Folks! Please just STOP with the "name game." You aren't going to change anyone's mind and quite honestly it's just tiresome... :marah:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

36 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Folks! Please just STOP with the "name game." You aren't going to change anyone's mind and quite honestly it's just tiresome... :marah:

Hey Bill could you make your post in red blinking letters  ? Just a thought.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, domkle said:

Hey Bill could you make your post in red blinking letters  ? Just a thought.

Mods around here really need a "master caution" emoji... 😉