Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I cannot understand why resolution has not been mentioned. Can a 2080 deliver the same performance at 3840*2160 as it can at 1920*1080? Surely not.

Any possibility someone with inside contacts can ask the question please?

I don't have any contact to insiders. But I think, that nowadays a mid-range gaming (optimal configuration) usually means Full HD resolution with a good performance and high-range gaming (ideal configuration) means 4K resolution with a good performance. And a good performance usually means 60fps or more 🙂 That's my reasoning.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

I don't have any contact to insiders. But I think, that nowadays a mid-range gaming (optimal configuration) usually means Full HD resolution with a good performance and high-range gaming (ideal configuration) means 4K resolution with a good performance. And a good performance usually means 60fps or more 🙂 That's my reasoning.

Yes, good point about the fps. There's absolutely no reason to believe that a completely new game should have less than 60 fps. I've got over a hundred in most games, even in 4K. The fact that old sims are struggling is just because their optimization is a joke.

• Like 2

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

10 hours ago, eaim said:

Why would simtom troll, he's an tech alpha insider and MS recently thanked him for his dedication and efforts.

Sign of the times

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

10 hours ago, Steve_Ellis said:

"50mbps" Are there many people who get that ?

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 6 ms
Server: London

Your Internet speed is very fast

Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos, video conferencing and gaming at the same time.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

23 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Maybe the specs are for 4K, as it's becoming a standard in the flight sim. Honestly, most of the games have only generic specs, not divided by resolution. But it could've been stated. 🙂

Assuming things can be dangerous. They should make it crystal clear.

18 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Adobe has said since early on that they were aiming at a default 4K resolution. But the question deserves to be raised again with the FS20 team. Our ambassador @simtom will be glad to dothat 😉 !

Excellent, thanks.

17 minutes ago, pmb said:

Honestly, it's not that usual to give detailed resolutions. Lockheed Martin doesn't give them either

https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

(besides the minimum 1024×768 required). 

Kind regards, Michael

I cannot conceive of a situation where resolution would not have an impact on fps. As for minimum specs, we all know to take those with a pinch of salt. 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Your take on it seems reasonable but for clarity Microsoft really should spell it out. They’re covering their backs if nothing else.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

55 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

The big question is: which visual settings and effects need to be lowered or turned off to get decent performance with the recommended specs. 

If you read (or watch the video's) you will know that it's automated by the simulation on the fly:- Watch from 2:49

6 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

Is that this week? I thought it was later.

It may be today or mid May for all we know.

Releasing system specs before releasing the 747-8 to ALPHA testers is quite amazing. Its likely MSFS developers have a bigger handle on things than we all could imagine....its like the ALPA test is more a marketing technique. 🤷‍♂️ 

I'm (happily) baffled myself. 🥴😄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

If you read (or watch the video's) you will know that it's automated by the simulation on the fly:- Watch from 2:49

That clip is only 1:17 long. Regardless whether it's automated or manual I'd like to know how the sim is gonna look in lower specs. Sometimes they can get clever with lowering the visuals without that noticeable difference.

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Excellent, thanks.

BTW Ray, congrats for your new elevated position, good to see an old and reasonable (well, at least most of the times) timer in the chair 👍 😉 !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

25 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Yes, good point about the fps. There's absolutely no reason to believe that a completely new game should have less than 60 fps. I've got over a hundred in most games, even in 4K. The fact that old sims are struggling is just because their optimization is a joke.

Let`s hope it`s just optimization needed then with the insider issues report they need to find another 40FPS.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

28 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 6 ms
Server: London

Your Internet speed is very fast

Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos, video conferencing and gaming at the same time.

I think I should have rephrased or expanded my comment further.

Whilst lots of people are focused on GPU and chip at the moment, there will be plenty of people all over the globe that will have to take the bandwidth figure seriously. I was just listening to AUS flightsimmers youtube video and he also mentioned that simmers in Australia are going to be possibly troubled by this. I just returned from there myself in January and some areas are just not great at all. As far as the UK is concerned, unless you are on cable or live slap bang near a city, bandwidth will be have to be a major consideration and where you will sit in the scheme of things. 

My connection is now with Sky and it offers 76mbps but not guaranteed and this depends how far you live form the exchange. I currently sit at around 46, so I won't be too bad, of course it will be interesting to see the "consistent bandwidth" when some of your household are streaming music, kids upstairs on Call of Duty...e.t.c... at the same time.

Will be interesting to see. I know other parts of the world are so far more advanced than the UK in terms of overall speeds, like South Korea for example.

Edited by Steve_Ellis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

53 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Problème de riche, j'en pleure 😄 avec mes 4 Mbps dans mon coin reculé.

Problème de pauvre chanceux plutot vu mes specs 😞

May i recommend a Ryzen 5 3600 for those looking for a new pc? Gaming benchmarks put it at or above an overclocked 7700k's level depending on the game and always above the recommended Ryzen 7 2700x, it only costs 200 bucks and comes with six cores, 12 threads, a decent cooler and it's overclocakble.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1