Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

11 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

I think I should have rephrased or expanded my comment further.

Whilst lots of people are focused on GPU and chip at the moment, there will be plenty of people all over the globe that will have to take the bandwidth figure seriously. I was just listening to AUS flightsimmers youtube video and he also mentioned that simmers in Australia are going to be possibly troubled by this. I just returned from there myself in January and some areas are just not great at all. As far as the UK is concerned, unless you are on cable or live slap bang near a city, bandwidth will be have to be a major consideration and where you will sit in the scheme of things. 

My connection is now with Sky and it offers 76mbps but not guaranteed and this depends how far you live form the exchange. I currently sit at around 46, so I won't be too bad, of course it will be interesting to see the "consistent bandwidth" when some of your household are streaming music, kids upstairs on Call of Duty...e.t.c... at the same time.

Will be interesting to see. I know other parts of the world are so far more advanced than the UK in terms of overall speeds, like South Korea for example.

sounds like you and the poster you replied to are on an 80/20 FTTC profile. 

Sky one for sure, as they don't supply FTTP, so your speeds are ultimately determined by your length of Copper between you and the DSLAM (street side fibre cabinet) - not how far you are from the exchange - as its Fibre from the Cab to X

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Quite a surprise to see the minimum requirements decided this early (or maybe it's not that early after all), but a pleasant one. This will definitely help me decide on the parts for my new PC. I might be able to run it on my current one if some of the newer CPU instruction sets are not required, though sadly it appears I will have to stick with offline mode for the next several years.

I think this pretty much confirms my thoughts that the game will be heavy on the GPU but rather light on the CPU. A high-end RDNA 2 or Ampere GPU with a mid-range Zen 3 CPU should be the sweet spot.

• Upvote 1

Side note. If they release the specs, a release might actually be not that far away. Maybe we can still get it 2020 despite Corona.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Maybe you can't fully correlate between PC and console but how do these specs stack up against the Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox Series X?

2 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Side note. If they release the specs, a release might actually be not that far away. Maybe we can still get it 2020 despite Corona.

That or they are confident after testing with several thousands people  that their non optimized alpha can already run on these specs. This is the feedback we get from a few testers.

They have another alpha released at the end of the month, then they have to make one or several betas. Anything before the US Labor Day is doubtful. A release at the US Thanksgiving if the most probable. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, shawty1984 said:

Maybe you can't fully correlate between PC and console but how do these specs stack up against the Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox Series X?

I think you can, as it's gonna be practically the same software for both platforms. And consoles have never been known to have a top end hardware (otherwise it couldn't cost $500).

Therefore these specs could have been expected and are reasonable, considering that they aim for a console release as well.

Honestly, revealing these specs definitely isn't something to be "saving the date" for...

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

2 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

I think you can, as it's gonna be practically the same software for both platforms. And consoles have never been known to have a top end hardware (otherwise it couldn't cost $500).

Therefore these specs could have been expected and are reasonable, considering that they aim for a console release as well.

Honestly, revealing these specs definitely isn't something to be "saving the date" for...

What I mean is, how do the revealed specs sit into the consoles. So for Ideal, it's recommended to have 32GB of RAM but the Series X only has 16GB. How do the rest of the specs of the consoles ( Series X and Xbox One and One X) add up to the specs just released.

9 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

the Xbox series X compares with the ideal PC specs

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

2 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

What I mean is, how do the revealed specs sit into the consoles. So for Ideal, it's recommended to have 32GB of RAM but the Series X only has 16GB. How do the rest of the specs of the consoles ( Series X and Xbox One and One X) add up to the specs just released.

Right... Not sure, but you can just Google it.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

2 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

The consoles have a lighter OS, can share RAM between the CPU and the GPU, and with the next generation they're intending to load less data into the RAM, but instead load it from the SSD when needed. Since PCs will be held back by inefficient APIs and the lack of hardware decompressors, it is likely that developers will decide to load more into the RAM instead.

IMHO this is more bad news for P3D v5.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I agree, and I so appreciate the long standing franchise LM has offered through the years. Two of the biggest features for me were 64bit and the cloud behavior (minimizing the awful billboards).

In the grand scheme of things, the flight sim market was ready to BURST out of its shell, and there will always be the Military market for P3D.

If things go very well for MSFS at least the P3D forum wont be so flooded with the same old problems over and over...UGH🤢🤮

I do wonder if LM does not have a few things up its sleeve in case MSFS is not as successful as it appears it will be. <---for me, this would be catastrophic, cataclysmic, utter disaster, a death blow, a double death blow!😱 ....to me X-Plane and the others just don't cut it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

Australian Government: "You don't need more than 12mbps"

I would relocate to united states for all the bandwidth

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

12 hours ago, Elwyn said:

but for the save the date, I was kinda expecting more. but this is big enough!

giving system requirements is not a date, therefore that is still coming.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

45 minutes ago, DJJose said:

LOL! Build a min spec PC and see how long it lasts. Once the add-ons start flying even the Ideal Requirement PC will break a sweat.