Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Invites are coming

3 hours ago, Darcanlos said:

If this is true, then no more are coming out...

Sigh, well kudos to the lucky ones.  Have fun.

Can we start a support group for us neglected few?  I feel like I need it....☹️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok seems like the priorities for early signup alpha invitations is not actually true. Im seeing people saying they are invited yet they only signed up past few months or a number of weeks after the initial invitation.  Seems like day 1 sign up means nothing at all and rather a lottery picking. Congrats to those invited. Now go bug seeking and enjoy the experience in the process. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

9 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Ok seems like the priorities for early signup alpha invitations is not actually true. Im seeing people saying they are invited yet they only signed up past few months or a number of weeks after the initial invitation.  Seems like day 1 sign up means nothing at all and rather a lottery picking. Congrats to those invited. Now go bug seeking and enjoy the experience in the process. 

The same I have been thinking, and why I feel the disappointment is greater. Having signed up on day one (September 17th) my expectations and excitement were through the roof just because they said they would prioritize us. Now, seeing so many users that signed up much later being accepted makes me feel as if they lied to me and as if they had been playing with us

9 minutes ago, Darcanlos said:

The same I have been thinking, and why I feel the disappointment is greater. Having signed up on day one (September 17th) my expectations and excitement were through the roof just because they said they would prioritize us. Now, seeing so many users that signed up much later being accepted makes me feel as if they lied to me and as if they had been playing with us

No one knows the criteria for selecting people. Lots of speculation and very little for facts as to selection criteria. They probably grabbed a cross section of people from early signups to recent ones. Not a big deal, just keep flying with what you have. XP11/P3D are not broken! MS Flight Sim It will release in due time.

People coming on this forum and saying they are in is just plain stupid. As for the NDA it is all they are allowed to say. What is the point of that? Just to jack other people up that they got accepted and someone else didn't. Kind of dumb in my opinion.

Edited by tpete61
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tpete61 said:

No one knows the criteria for selecting people. Lots of speculation and very little for facts as to selection criteria. They probably grabbed a cross section of people from early signups to recent ones. Not a big deal, just keep flying with what you have. XP11/P3D are not broken! MS Flight Sim It will release in due time.

I'm aware of that and I certainly did not mean to criticize them, just venting off momentary frustration. I have a pretty high end PC and well above ideal specs, but that is indeed still no guarantee. They might have more than enough high spec users and are looking now for something else, or they could have a serious bug affecting only my type of mobo and decided not to invite users with this hardware until they resolve it. There could be many reasons...

By the way, I'm having a hard time firing up the older sims, I want to cry everytime I see the graphics. The only one I can still cope with is IL-2... But for the time being I've decided to download some brainless shooter and blast something away. 😏 

• Upvote 1

how come some people say that they signed up on day one 17/18 Sep and my email show that I was signed up on 16 Aug?

eSeuRqe.png

bDb8Ouj.png

what was day one exactly?

Edited by penta_a

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

6 minutes ago, penta_a said:

how come some people say that they signed up on day one 17/18 Sep and my email show that I was signed up on 16 Aug?

what was day one exactly?

That's the insider program. Basically access to the insider part of the web site. To take part in the alpha you had to fill in a survey and they informed about this in a newsletter on September the 17th...

2 minutes ago, Darcanlos said:

That's the insider program. Basically access to the insider part of the web site. To take part in the alpha you had to fill in a survey and they informed about this in a newsletter on September the 17th...

Oh S###, I remember filling out survey and uploading some DX file back then (some time in 2019) but received news letter on Mar 2020 talking about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2019 Year in Review, is that the one?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

6 minutes ago, penta_a said:

Oh S###, I remember filling out survey and uploading some DX file back then (some time in 2019) but received news letter on Mar 2020 talking about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2019 Year in Review, is that the one?

If you filled up the survey and uploaded your dxdiag you're good. The march mail was just another newsletter. You should be able to check inside the insider part of the web page under your profile. If it gives you the option to opt-out, then you're subscribed correctly for the alpha.

Edited by Darcanlos

I'm in:

i7 9770k

16gb ram

gtx 1070 (I've been waiting until msfs was released to update this...)

200+ mbps F/O internet 

My advice would be to check your junk folders if you haven't already. 

Edited by Superdelphinus

7 minutes ago, Darcanlos said:

If you filled up the survey and uploaded your dxdiag you're good. The march mail was just another newsletter. You should be able to check inside the insider part of the web page under your profile. If it gives you the option to opt-out, then you're subscribed correctly for the alpha.

I found this, and I think I did every thing right before first wave back then, thanks for the help.

CN5SQjG.png

Ali A.

11 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

I'm in:

i7 9770k

16gb ram

gtx 1070 (I've been waiting until msfs was released to update this...)

My advice would be to check your junk folders if you haven't already. 

Hey dude, what time was the email received?

Jack Cannon

2 minutes ago, Jcannon said:

Hey dude, what time was the email received?

00:47 (BST) this morning according to Outlook

Edited by Superdelphinus

Nothing here and I signed up as early as I could.

For the record

i9900k

16 GB RAM

2080TI

• Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

3 hours ago, HighTowers said:

I signed up on day one, and guess what... 😞

cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.