Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Can Little Navmap replace PFPX?

I am a long time user of PFPX. Thing I like about it is I can edit aircraft profiles (as well as duplicate already existing ones so I have one for every aircraft registration in my sim library) to include adding or subtracting fuel bias percentages. Two questions about SimBrief, does it allow you to have personalized aircraft profiles that are editable? Is there any easy way anyone has found to import the pfpx profiles into SimBrief?

Eric 

I never cared for PFPX as it seemed over the top for what I needed. More of what a dispatcher might use than a pilot. 

As a pilot I have used Jeppesen JetPlan, Flight Deck Mobile, ARINC Direct, Foreflight, and Fltplan.com

IMHO the closest to the ease of use of the above real world planners for simulation is Simbrief.com. 

Edited by KenG

3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I am a long time user of PFPX. Thing I like about it is I can edit aircraft profiles (as well as duplicate already existing ones so I have one for every aircraft registration in my sim library) to include adding or subtracting fuel bias percentages. Two questions about SimBrief, does it allow you to have personalized aircraft profiles that are editable? Is there any easy way anyone has found to import the pfpx profiles into SimBrief?

Not to the level of PFPX. You can add a fuel factor offset, but realistically I just add the 10% factor to planning since sim aircraft rarely meet AFM book performance. 

You can also save custom aircraft profiles. 

7 hours ago, kaha said:

Do you happen to have a link please?

Karl

Some profiles are officially available here:

https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/Aircraft Performance/

And here's a tutorial on using the data collection feature to make your own:

https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.4/en/TUTORIALPERF.html

It's neat because you can run the data collection on every flight if you want to, then you merge (average) the new data with what you've previously collected so it gets more & more accurate the more you fly. I've had my fuel come out to within just a few pounds of what LNM predicted I'd have left over upon arrival at the destination. LNM takes wind into account of course, it automatically gets the winds from NOAA if you're doing a flight in real time, or if you're using historical wx not in real time you can input winds manually after getting them from AS.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Jim. I have already made some profiles of my own, but I never found any profiles for download.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Forgot about this piece of wonder. Glad to see it it still alive and doing well.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Recently I use LNM for save flightplan for RXPGTN, beside that, it's handy for visualize and record flightplan path.

For path finding, I now mainly use Qsimplanner as it has PACOTS and AUSOTS,

QSim's fuel plan is also good, but no match to the real word data from Boeing PET I use.

Thank you all!

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Another shout here for little Navmap. It is very elegantly designed software and is a joy to use on a second monitor. IFR flightplans are a breeze and it can deal with import/export to a wide range of flightplan formats for any tubeliner you care to mention. It works flawlessly for me and I have every admiration for the designer.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I’m a big fan of LittleNavMap. I have to admit that I even let my Navigraph carts subscription expire recently as I was pretty happy with what LNM offered in terms of visualising departures and approaches. Of course charts contain a lot more details, but the sim is often out of step as it falls behind real life changes to navigation aids and airport data. 

My only item on the Wishlist for LNM would be that the visualisation of active Vatsim FIRs could be improved. 

Edited by alepro21

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^