Sign in to follow this  
gregory.goodwin1

Bahamas Scenery Pack 3-1 available

Hello All,

I have posted Bahamas Scenery Pack 3-1 to the AVSIM library which in addition to the N and W Bahamas has the first part of the E Bahamas scenery  - Eleuthera and Cat Island!  There are a number of other improvements to the rest of the scenery described in the readme.

I have another exciting announcement to make.  The guys (Brad Allan, Norm Richards, and Steve Weinkamer) over at Return to Misty Moorings have been busy adding their magical touch to the airports and  everywhere else: extra vegetation, grass, trees, etc, lots of custom buildings, ships, seaplane docks, etc.  Their enhancements really push the immersion up to an 11.   I can't wait for you all to be able to enjoy what they are doing!  They are planning to release these freeware addons sometime this summer.   Follow their progress and view screenshots at this forum link: https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4877.msg41640#msg41640

Here's a taste of what they are doing.  This is at Spanish Cay, near Abaco Island (note all screenshots are from P3DV4.5)

49963303746_c133646266_k.jpg

49963303711_0c693738d6_k.jpg

49962802323_96aea39f7b_k.jpg

A few screenshots of Eleuthera and Cat Island (with Orbx global base scenery): 

N Eleuthera looking north past Glass Window bridge

49962738188_a91bbfd576_k.jpg

S Eleuthera looking SE over Rock Sound 

49963240766_1b0d70d339_k.jpg

Half Moon Cay - Carnival Cruise Lines' private island

49963240811_0fe63095dd_k.jpg

N Cat Island looking s towards Arthur's Town airport

49962738228_f2785221e1_k.jpg

South Cat Island looking w over Hawk's Nest airport.

49963521372_9b48e20a2e_k.jpg

Please enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Congrats, love seeing you all still busy creating!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I'm not going to stop until I finish all the islands in the Bahamas!  It has taken much longer than I originally thought it would, but its a fun project so I'll just keep chipping away at it.  I think it can finish up by Aug/Sept, but we'll see.    

Thank you very much Gregory, lovely scenery!
Keep up the great work! 🙂

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Gregory, thank You very much.
Your sceneries just keep getting Better....

Please forgive this probably dumb question, Gregory: Is a version of your scenery available in FSX:SE?

Cheers.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

A big THANK YOU!

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Thanks for this!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Regarding using this scenery in FSX and P3Dv5.  From what other's have reported, the scenery will work in FSX, though I haven't confirmed myself.  Regarding V5, it should work, but I don't have v5 yet so I can't verify. I would think that if you have issues, it would probably be with custom objects like buildings.  There is no risk in either case to trying it out.  Just disable it in the scenery library if it doesn't work.

• Like 1

Just FYI, my plan is to make sure this is compatible with P3DV5 before the next release of the Bahamas scenery (i.e., the complete E Bahamas set).

• Like 2

Could someone please post a link to these? Thanks, very excited to try his out in v5!

55 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Could someone please post a link to these? Thanks, very excited to try his out in v5!

It's in the AVSIM library like he said.

14 minutes ago, ronh99 said:

It's in the AVSIM library like he said.

Just done a search for Bahamas Scenery Pack 3-1 and I get no results 

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png