Sign in to follow this  
kaha

Win 10 2004 - criteria for update

Anyone knows what's the criteria for an update to Windows version 2004? My 2nd PC with I7-7700K and an older AMD graphicscard has the update already since over a week. My 1st PC with I9-9900K and 2080TI still is on 1909. A search for updates tells me that my PC is up to date, I'm just getting some minor updates, mostly for defender.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Microsoft often staggers their releases for many reasons and many of them good. Not every PC gets the update at the same time. If you wait it will update when they have sorted a few things out with the release. Your chances of having issues are less if you let it update when it's ready, although, there are ways to force the issue.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Thx. I don't want to force it, I'm just curious.

Karl

This could be down to the present Cloud traffic in spreading it out, even AWS Amazon Cloud Netflix has been throttled down, with most working from home this is taking it toll on the web.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I lost patience and did it from link above. All working good. Enjoying the extra .9 gb vram 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Both my PCs are connected to the same provider. Just hardware is different. Both have Win 10 Home 64bit.

Karl

The standard windows update “Check for update” didn’t pick it up however the windows update assistant from the link above seems to have triggered the update, installing now

Tried updating using the Update Assistant and i'm getting a Error.. "Something went wrong. Windows 10 installation file is corrupted"

Uh oh 😬

I also updated with the Update assistant, as the 'Check for update' also did not pick it up... perfect, but it took overnight to do, on my Asus i5 8GB laptop.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

On 6/7/2020 at 11:29 AM, modano said:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update: Installation was fast and went without a hitch. I had to re-install GoFlight drivers and my Creative Console, but so far so good.

Now I'm hoping that the GTN 750 works without having to update.

Update: GTN still needs updating. Searching for solution tthread.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Updating the GTN units is turning out to be a challenge. So far no success.

Can get the GTN working. It's operating in slow motion even with older trainers.

Edited by DJJose

On 6/9/2020 at 7:49 AM, DJJose said:

Updating the GTN units is turning out to be a challenge. So far no success.

Can get the GTN working. It's operating in slow motion even with older trainers.

There is a new GTN installer and new trainer and database. I think the installer is 2.19  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 6/13/2020 at 10:52 PM, jimcarrel said:

There is a new GTN installer and new trainer and database. I think the installer is 2.19  

Everything has been updated and working great. Thanks!

On 6/7/2020 at 5:24 PM, kaha said:

Anyone knows what's the criteria for an update to Windows version 2004? My 2nd PC with I7-7700K and an older AMD graphicscard has the update already since over a week. My 1st PC with I9-9900K and 2080TI still is on 1909. A search for updates tells me that my PC is up to date, I'm just getting some minor updates, mostly for defender.

Karl

Today was the day when I eventually received the update to 2004.

Karl