Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Any way to connect p3d v5 to satellite maps

Hi all

Any body know of a way to connect p3d v5 to google maps or some other sat map so to have a zoom able moving map, would be a good route familiarisation tool

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I used BlackBox Flight Logger back in FS2004 days. Should still work if it links up with FSUIPC. You can have live data and logs on Google Earth.

I now use AivlaSoft EFB2 for moving map functionality.

Edited by Evros

Thanks i will take a look i am after moving map on satellite data

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hi,

You may also want to look at LittleNavMap. As far as I know you can display Openstreetmap views via this tool.

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html

Its not strictly satellite imagery but it may come close to what you are looking for. It does have moving map capablities with zoom functionality etc.

hope that helps a little...

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Two options I use and like:
FSWidgets has GMapHD for Windows. There's a demo version available.

Alternatively, if you want to use Google Earth there is a great little app called "FSX Google Earth Tracker" (FSXGET).
Its not a moving map, but shows your aircraft position, your aircraft's flown path, your predicted course, AI air traffic positions and course predictions, and AI ground traffic (ships/boats/other ground vehicles) positions and course predictions.

Both work in P3D5.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

You can download a Google Satellite map addon for Little Navmap which works as well as any paid moving map/Flight Planner that I know of.

Edited by thefrog
  • Upvote 4

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

1 hour ago, thefrog said:

You can download a Google Satellite map addon for Little Navmap which works as well as any paid moving map/Flight Planner that I know of.

Not only Sat but also Sectionals, IFR Hi and Low something that even Aivlasoft or Navigraph don't even offer yet, Navigraph has their own version of Hi/Low I guess.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

For years, I only used the default GPS, partially because I needed to see my aircraft position on a map to understand where I was in relation to the earth. This setup has helped my get past that.

With the right Navigraph subscription, you can you use their charts ap. It doesn't have satellite imagery, but it does have high en route, low en route and a world map. I think the world map option is a recent enhancement, and the base layer is from OpenStreetMap. You can use Navigraph charts on a separate computer, and it doesn't have to be networked. I think they have versions for mobile devices as well as a browser based version. I'm using it with ProATCX, but you can use it with pretty much any flightplanning tool. You can also use it as a flightplanning tool, but I'm not sure if the flightplans are very accurate. Here is my workflow:

• I create a route in ProATCx
  • I export it in FSX format to a networked drive
  • I import it into the FMC, and add DEP/APP as directed by ProATCx.
  • I then import it from the networked drive into Navigraph charts
  • I add DEP/APP into Navigraph based on what ProATCx assigned.

Once I do that, I can see may aircraft position on the Navigraph moving map. I can also overlay the charts on the moving map making it super easy to understand where I am at in the STAR or approach.

This process works well for me. As long as everything is properly updated with the same AIRAC cycle, I usually don't have any problems. ProATCx also has a moving map, but in order for you to use it for flight following, it really needs to be on a networked computer. For me, the problem with that setup is the ATC sounds from ProATCx come from the networked computer, but the aircraft sounds come from the FS computer. Since I always fly with headphones, I need a setup where all sounds come from a single source. Also, the ProATCx moving map kinda sucks.

The full Navigraph subscript isn't that expensive, so you can try it for a month, and if you don't like it, you can ditch it and try something else. If you do try it, make sure you update everything to the most recent AIRAC cycle first. The GUI will do that for you, but you may need to setup file paths to your addons.

BTW, I am still on 4.5HF2, so you will have to check form V5 compatibility. I'm assuming it is compatible, but you should verify.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, pinepix62 said:

This is great, a Google satellite map in LNM 😃

Try this one if you're interested. Not for the faint of heart but it has a full moving map with weather, IFR HI/Low Sectionals, Sat Map + up to date overlay charts with FltPlan Go all free to use no login. It's a pain to set up on Windows but a breeze on android and if your phone/table can mirror to PC then even better.

9ZfjoVm.jpg

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Thanks all much appreciated

Wayne

Wayne such

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Try this one if you're interested. Not for the faint of heart but it has a full moving map with weather, IFR HI/Low Sectionals, Sat Map + up to date overlay charts with FltPlan Go all free to use no login. It's a pain to set up on Windows but a breeze on android and if your phone/table can mirror to PC then even better.

How did you get the weather and chart to show up?

7 hours ago, Kaan KASIM said:

The power of LNM is quite astounding for a freebie, I have used it for years and every so often it would get updated with another great piece of functionality. Suggest you read their detailed description and surprise yourself, it is only page and you will soon know how much it can do and yes it will decode weather from many sources. Has good manuals imo.

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

On 6/12/2020 at 5:39 PM, Kaan KASIM said:

Goto any airport (windows) double click and select Proc (download all procedures for this airport or just click on the one you want) it will overlay it on the map, on the bottom right there's a P where you can select the Opacity. Then just click on the Weather tab on top and select UR Radar or Visible or whatever. tap to hide.

Keep in mind this is not the "simulator weather". It's can be close but not that close - yet 🙂

Personally if you're flying VFR and don't have "access to charts and want to practice IFR/Charts this is an option.