Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Chapstick

V5 HF2 arriving early next week

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, simbol said:

I would recommend to do a full installation instead but if you opt for only client at least do as I advised above.

Regards,

Simbol 

They won't do a full installation  I'm afraid Simbol.  They like down and dirty quick fixes like a magic bullet theory. 

Alas I can't agree more, surely a full reinstall will be better in the long run but they will just skip it and do the client only you watch and we will have pages of topics on here about sims not starting,  sims disappeared from the desktop, ctds and all sorts.  You're talking to the wall mate, they won't do it. 

 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

HF2 feels like a total new sim

Well just great!😜 Here I was just kind of waiting for the normal Ho-Hum Hot fix and now you go and say something like "total new sim" and now I am all excited. LOL....thanks for the info though!

  • Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.0/8086K@5.0/EVGA 1080TI SC Black/850W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung Monitor@3840x2160/ASP4/ASCA/ORBX/ChasePlane/General Aviation/Vertx DA-62/

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

They won't do a full installation  I'm afraid Simbol.  They like down and dirty quick fixes like a magic bullet theory. 

Alas I can't agree more, surely a full reinstall will be better in the long run but they will just skip it and do the client only you watch and we will have pages of topics on here about sims not starting,  sims disappeared from the desktop, ctds and all sorts.  You're talking to the wall mate, they won't do it. 

 

Surely if a full install is better in the long run, then LM wouldn’t advise to do a client only update in the first place..... 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

They won't do a full installation  I'm afraid Simbol.  They like down and dirty quick fixes like a magic bullet theory. 

Alas I can't agree more, surely a full reinstall will be better in the long run but they will just skip it and do the client only you watch and we will have pages of topics on here about sims not starting,  sims disappeared from the desktop, ctds and all sorts.  You're talking to the wall mate, they won't do it. 

 

Yes I don´t understand it either. A full reinstall is done in a sec. Just uninstall three componetns. Install them again. Place back any cfg entries if you done some, place back some panels if you made your own entries in them....and ready to go.

It is really that simple.

Marcus

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

For those that wish to only do the client update, please be sure to reset your shaders and prepard.cfg.

This will ensure that you really get most of the fixes going.

HF2 feels like a total new sim and I would recommend to do a full installation instead but if you opt for only client at least do as I advised above.

Regards,

Simbol 

Simbol. Do you know if EA mode will still be in beta? Or is the Beta Tag removed? But for me it will be important to have some more fluid VR experience. Still having some small lags within the HP reverb. And of course...better weather depiction and fixed dynamic lights will be necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

For those that wish to only do the client update, please be sure to reset your shaders and prepard.cfg.

This will ensure that you really get most of the fixes going.

HF2 feels like a total new sim and I would recommend to do a full installation instead but if you opt for only client at least do as I advised above.

Regards,

Simbol 

Simbol,

What in particular makes HF2 "feel like a  total new sim".  Can you give us the most significant change that makes it feel that way?

Stan

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Surely if a full install is better in the long run, then LM wouldn’t advise to do a client only update in the first place..... 

Because they are hardly going to tell big consumers (flight schools and the military) with multiple installations on lots of pcs. 

'actually lads, you need to reinstall the whole lot on your 50 desktops in the classroom'.    Imagine being the Head of IT at a training facility and after buying 50 licenses of professional plus and being told that. 

 

 

  • Like 1

 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Because they are hardly going to tell big consumers (flight schools and the military) with multiple installations on lots of pcs. 

'actually lads, you need to reinstall the whole lot on your 50 desktops in the classroom'.    Imagine being the Head of IT at a training facility and after buying 50 licenses of professional plus and being told that. 

 

 

Which means that there should be zero problems if you follow what they, the manufacturer say.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Which means that there should be zero problems if you follow what they, the manufacturer say.

go ahead do a down and dirty quick little plaster over a wound type fix because they told you to. 

ill go with simbols advice of reinstalling the whole lot.      


 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

go ahead do a down and dirty quick little plaster over a wound type fix because they told you to. 

ill go with simbols advice of reinstalling the whole lot.      

The same dirty little plaster the flight school and military will be doing with 50 plus installs.....? 

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Simbol. Do you know if EA mode will still be in beta? Or is the Beta Tag removed? But for me it will be important to have some more fluid VR experience. Still having some small lags within the HP reverb. And of course...better weather depiction and fixed dynamic lights will be necessary. 

I am not sure if I am allowed to discuss such details due to NDAs, all I can tell you in the safe side is this HF2 has so much fixes that it feels like a new version release. 😉

In any case you won't wait too long to find out.

S.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The same dirty little plaster the flight school and military will be doing with 50 plus installs.....? 

course they wont, but they wont be using 10+ different addons varying from payware a/c ,to orbx scenery , to activesky, gsx, vpilot  etc etc.

i still remember 3 years ago some poor 85 year old guy on here got in a right pickle doing quick down and dirty updates and then the sim wouldnt start etc etc.  I remember reading his posts on while on the gatwick express to do a nightshift.  Poor guy. 

Ill wager a fiver we will have the same thing this time next week of numerous people cant get things to work because they did a quick little fix.

a usb harddrive from amazon is 50 quid if not less, and it takes a few hours to back up all your stuff.  

 

 

 

Edited by fluffyflops

 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am not sure if I am allowed to discuss such details due to NDAs, all I can tell you in the safe side is this HF2 has so much fixes that it feels like a new version release. 😉

In any case you won't wait too long to find out.

S.

 

 

With respect. Thanks for that. Than we will keep quiet and wait. We don´t want to have any NDA penalties here.

But I am looking forward to it and enjoying the sim right now as it is.

Marcus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, spilok said:

Simbol,

What in particular makes HF2 "feel like a  total new sim".  Can you give us the most significant change that makes it feel that way?

Stan

It is the combination of all fixes toguether. They haven't lifted our NDAs so I can't really say much. 

It was not my intention to come and tease you guys. My purpose coming here is to advise about the best way to install it, etc. given the sheer vast ammount of changes to the rendering system which will affect your current shaders and P3D.cfg.

S.

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am not sure if I am allowed to discuss such details due to NDAs, all I can tell you in the safe side is this HF2 has so much fixes that it feels like a new version release. 😉

In any case you won't wait too long to find out.

S.

 

 

good thanks, like I was saying simbol in my email to you,  I just want to be "wowed" by a product and not have to go through pay to test beta type stuff like we have been given from so many products over the last 10 years. 

I cant remember the last time I was really really taken back by a product in this hobby.  probabaly the fslabs when they released for v4.

im sure most of us work hard and long hours to pay for this expensive hobby, I just want a high standard of a product back in return.  Its not too much to ask surely. 

I remember paying a fortune for red dead redemption 2 for the ps4, and nearly 2 years on, I still get wowed by the quality and little extras it has.  Thats how I want to feel about my next flightsim product I buy.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,145.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...