Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

New NVIDIA 451.48 - GPU Hardware Scheduler is out

51 minutes ago, pgde said:

Are you on Win10 2004?

yes i am interesting... its not the same as jabloom

14ppkc-6.png

16 hours ago, micstatic said:

@cwburnett So what is the difference between 1/2 refresh rate setting and just locking the max frame rate in NCP?

The max framerate is just a cap, whereas the adaptive half refresh looks to sync each sim frame with a screen frame to avoid screen tearing. The half rate just means that the GPU sends two identical frames to the screen. This let's you lock the sim at 30 fps even if the screen is refreshing at 60fps (for a 60 hz screen).

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

32 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

The max framerate is just a cap, whereas the adaptive half refresh looks to sync each sim frame with a screen frame to avoid screen tearing. The half rate just means that the GPU sends two identical frames to the screen. This let's you lock the sim at 30 fps even if the screen is refreshing at 60fps (for a 60 hz screen).

thanks.  I'd like to try your setup.  What are your NCP settings as well as your P3D refresh rate/vsync/tb settings?  Thanks man

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The hardware scheduling option looks like this:

Untitled-1.jpg

i sussed it somehow I think windows update had put an older driver on last night.  its fixed now.  thanks for the help, appreciate it.

another thing ive noticed is it wont keep the locked 30fps (set in ncp)  if click on one of the joystick buttons to chase chase plane view  for example the frames go up past 30.  same if i drop from full screen to windowed mode.  

shame because when it starts locked  its fab.  

back to 30 hertz  😞 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

another question.  My Graphics Setting menu has the GPU Scheduling but not the graphics performance preference?  Weird. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

another question.  My Graphics Setting menu has the GPU Scheduling but not the graphics performance preference?  Weird. 

It's not relevant unless you have two GPU's, e.g. a laptop with both integrated and discrete GPUs.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, micstatic said:

thanks.  I'd like to try your setup.  What are your NCP settings as well as your P3D refresh rate/vsync/tb settings?  Thanks man

The experiment didn't work well, but it was:

NCP Adaptive 1/2 refresh rate, max framerate 31 and prefer max performance.

In P3D Unlimited, vsync and tb.

I went back to my 30hz straight vsync though.

I was able to force my screen to 40hz with a manual resolution in NCP, but it was a little glitchy.

So back to exactly the same settings as before this new driver...

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

On 6/27/2020 at 10:20 AM, ha5mvo said:

Well, what did you see?

I'm not great at detecting subtle changes, but I think things are just the same as before.

I'll leave it enabled unless I get problems.

1 hour ago, gb09f said:

I'm not great at detecting subtle changes, but I think things are just the same as before.

I'll leave it enabled unless I get problems.

Yeah, that’s in line with other reports I’ve read which boil down to no significant difference with or without that option enabled.

9 hours ago, cwburnett said:

The experiment didn't work well, but it was:

NCP Adaptive 1/2 refresh rate, max framerate 31 and prefer max performance.

In P3D Unlimited, vsync and tb.

I went back to my 30hz straight vsync though.

I was able to force my screen to 40hz with a manual resolution in NCP, but it was a little glitchy.

So back to exactly the same settings as before this new driver...

Same.  Back to 30 hertz and default settings as the frame lock at 30 with ncp only lasted a certain length of time.  

14ppkc-6.png

Did a 4 hour testflight from Miami to Quito in the MaddogX but couldnt tell if anything changed with this new option.

For now it stays on since the flight was a succes.

Michael Moe/P3dv5HF2 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Not really a difference for me here (not that surprising though).  P3D v4.5.

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

i just had a flight JFK-YUL.  Previously each airport could task my system in V4.  Especially with thunderstorms like i had on departure and arrival.  My frames held 30 the whole time.  Very impressed.  

Hi.

I detected when I enable the option Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling On on Windows 10 Pro 2004 - Gaming - Graphics settings, my 3D GPU always run between 97 - 99 % on prepar3d V5 HF2.

This picture is when the option hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling is Off and my 3d gpu runs always between 15 - 35 % on prepar3d V5 HF2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r2hepq4rgsxlfd/Without Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling Off.PNG?dl=0

This picture is when the option hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling is On and my 3d gpu runs always between 97 - 99 % on prepar3d V5 HF2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyjknfl1513sbee/With Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling On.PNG?dl=0

I do not know is this is a normal condition.

From my perspective with the option enabled or disabled I have the same performance. Only that when it is enabled I see a huge workload on my GPU.

System Spec:
Intel I7 - 4930k 4.4 Ghz.
DDR3 48 GB 1600 Mhz.
Rtx 2080 Super.
WD SSD 1TB.
Windows 10 Pro 2004.
Nvidia Drivers: 451.48

Regards.

5 hours ago, alox said:

Hi.

I detected when I enable the option Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling On on Windows 10 Pro 2004 - Gaming - Graphics settings, my 3D GPU always run between 97 - 99 % on prepar3d V5 HF2.

This picture is when the option hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling is Off and my 3d gpu runs always between 15 - 35 % on prepar3d V5 HF2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r2hepq4rgsxlfd/Without Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling Off.PNG?dl=0

This picture is when the option hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling is On and my 3d gpu runs always between 97 - 99 % on prepar3d V5 HF2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyjknfl1513sbee/With Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling On.PNG?dl=0

I do not know is this is a normal condition.

From my perspective with the option enabled or disabled I have the same performance. Only that when it is enabled I see a huge workload on my GPU.

System Spec:
Intel I7 - 4930k 4.4 Ghz.
DDR3 48 GB 1600 Mhz.
Rtx 2080 Super.
WD SSD 1TB.
Windows 10 Pro 2004.
Nvidia Drivers: 451.48

Regards.

Hi,

Come to my mind i also saw that on my 4hour flight yesterday (1080ti EGVA FTW3)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png