Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

New NVIDIA 451.48 - GPU Hardware Scheduler is out

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Not sure about that, but it's easy enough to test.

Meh 

i tested the sharpening and noticed word not allowed lol

all I have now is prefer  performance 
and i set 30.5 fps in Nvidia inspector 

unlimited fps in sim vsync and triple buffer on

ht off i9 9900k

and bobs your aunty.

smooooooth.

mike 

Installed 451.48 yesterday, to day I verified all my ORBX regions and about 40 ORBYX airports. Spent the last 40 minutes flying A2A Comanche around CEN4 and local country side and I've got to say it was the most convincing flight I've had to date in P3D. I'd have to say it was marvelous. Every new version of P3D I'd end up alternating FPS unlimited or capped at 29. Now I'm running capped at 60 FPS. A first for me. Even with all this ORBX loaded, v5HF2  is running for me like a freight train. Here is the kicker though. I'v yet to engage all the air traffic. I know beyond a doubt that once I do that, I'll lose the magic. (decisions, decisions) I usually am sticking around 59 to 60 fps, occasional might see a 45, but no stutters or skipping frames. I'm excited, but I do miss traffic. * forgot to mention I don't like "beta" EA, so I don't run it 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

18 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Installed 451.48 yesterday, to day I verified all my ORBX regions and about 40 ORBYX airports. Spent the last 40 minutes flying A2A Comanche around CEN4 and local country side and I've got to say it was the most convincing flight I've had to date in P3D. I'd have to say it was marvelous. Every new version of P3D I'd end up alternating FPS unlimited or capped at 29. Now I'm running capped at 60 FPS. A first for me. Even with all this ORBX loaded, v5HF2  is running for me like a freight train. Here is the kicker though. I'v yet to engage all the air traffic. I know beyond a doubt that once I do that, I'll lose the magic. (decisions, decisions) I usually am sticking around 59 to 60 fps, occasional might see a 45, but no stutters or skipping frames. I'm excited, but I do miss traffic. * forgot to mention I don't like "beta" EA, so I don't run it 

Interesting you mention this. I'm running 60fps in V5 with 30 fps limit in RTSS Scanline/2, HT on w/AM=245.

Very close to 4.5 regarding fill and smoothness, if not equal.

Used to run unlimited in 4.5 but not so with V5; blurry textures, even with a FFTF mod.

9 hours ago, newtie said:

Interesting you mention this. I'm running 60fps in V5 with 30 fps limit in RTSS Scanline/2, HT on w/AM=245.

Very close to 4.5 regarding fill and smoothness, if not equal.

Used to run unlimited in 4.5 but not so with V5; blurry textures, even with a FFTF mod.

Do you limit frame rate to 60fps in V5? I guess this sets FFTF to a lower value for a smoother rendition. However it brings more load on your CPU (because of the look-ahead frames or so), but on the positive side there's no missing autogen.. Does this line of thought sound right?

Thanks.

12 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

EA cuts framerates in half, but it's worth every one of the ones you lose. 

well survived 5 minutes on my system very poor in vr 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Do you limit frame rate to 60fps in V5? I guess this sets FFTF to a lower value for a smoother rendition. However it brings more load on your CPU (because of the look-ahead frames or so), but on the positive side there's no missing autogen.. Does this line of thought sound right?

Thanks.

Limited at 60 fps in V5. In RTSS, Scanline /2 set at sixty. Frames limited at thirty.

That does fix the blurry result of unlimited which was not the case for me in V5. This is certainly one change in V5. Unsure about the look ahead thing.

Autogen is set at low, I've never liked it all that much so that's a plus.

20 hours ago, mikeymike said:

and i set 30.5 fps in Nvidia inspector 

Just curious why this part? Is your monitor at 60hz, so this forces it to vsync at 30hz, or are you at 30hz?

I am at 30hz/vsync/unlimited, but curious if adding this limit adds some additional value? And also why in NI versus just setting the limit in NCP?

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

7 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Just curious why this part? Is your monitor at 60hz, so this forces it to vsync at 30hz, or are you at 30hz?

I am at 30hz/vsync/unlimited, but curious if adding this limit adds some additional value? And also why in NI versus just setting the limit in NCP?

I Can’t really remember  why, but was explained To me by Steve w quite some time ago.

and is working well with my setup.

if I recall correctly I don’t think I can get the same option 30.5 in ncp 

I’ll have to check.

mike

16 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I Can’t really remember  why, but was explained To me by Steve w quite some time ago.

and is working well with my setup.

if I recall correctly I don’t think I can get the same option 30.5 in ncp 

I’ll have to check.

mike

Yea, NCP might only allow whole numbers. So are you at 30hz or 60hz? I might give this a try...

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

Yea, NCP might only allow whole numbers. So are you at 30hz or 60hz? I might give this a try...

60hz 4k

mike

On 6/24/2020 at 5:21 PM, Greggy_D said:

To enable the feature after installing the new driver, follow these steps:

• Open Settings (in Windows 10).
  • Navigate to System > Display.
  • Scroll to and click on the ‘Graphics settings’ link.
  • Enable the hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling option.
  • Restart your system.

thanks gregg.  out of interest, how do you turn it off again ? i cant see 

14ppkc-6.png

48 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

60hz 4k

Thanks, I am going to give that a whirl for fun. 30hz vsync has been working well, but the mouse lag is a little annoying. 

• Like 1

Downloaded this new driver along with a fresh install of Windows 10 2004 and full installation of P3d V5 HF2. Question, on my Nvidia Control Panel there is an option under "Global Settings" and also " Program Settings" (P3D) for running vertical sync at "Adaptive (half refresh rate)".

Would that work the same as using RTSS Scanline/2 on my 60hz monitor? Should I change it on both, Global settings and Prepar3d.exe program setting?

I am using EA.

It should work but some people swear by the RTSS method. I would try with just NCP first, better to have fewer layers of software.

And you can make the change only on the Prepar3D.exe program settings. This override the global settings when set differently.