Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 2nd, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It’s to prevent them from getting sued. The same reason McDonalds has a ‘caution hot’ on their coffee cups, someone actually sued them for getting burnt.

Believe it or not, the lawsuit was actually pretty legitimate despite the fact that it's often cited as a perfect example of frivolous lawsuits. I'd encourage reading up on it. That's not to say frivolous lawsuits aren't an issue and that warnings like, "Caution: hot" are always good/useful, but I think just throwing out oft-cited examples without looking into the details is too easy to do.

1 hour ago, BigDee said:

Developed by monkeys for monkeys.

Obviously the "by monkeys" part is hyperbole, but given the outstanding safety record of airliners in modern times, I find it hard to defend anyone claiming they've gone too far w/ safety. Are a few decals/stickers unnecessary, maybe stupid? Probably, but that's quite the quibble considering the insane amount of technology and protocol those stickers sit atop to keep people safe. Nothing's perfect, of course, and we can certainly cite plenty of problems (see: 737 max), but the track record speaks volumes and this is such a weird thing to pick out to criticize. 

Edited by Dermot McClusky
  • Like 4

If @BigDee wants to discuss the merits or otherwise of the Airbus & Boeing design philosophies then I strongly suggest they should create  a thread in Hangar Chat rather than derailing this thread.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

11 hours ago, BigDee said:

I don ´t want to start a discussion about Boeing or Airbus, as this is not the topic.

But I would like to emphasize:

-Fly by wire is an advantage in regards of comfort for flight passengers, and possibly for safety topics

But:

-Airbus don`t have a mechanical back-up, they are mostly pure electrically connected. Boeing 777 uses a mechanical backup

- In Airbus planes, the computer system has the highest order, in Boeing fly-by-wire planes, the pilot can ultimately dictate the computer system what to do.

Airbus blamed themselves in an air show, when the computer didn`t allow the plane to lift off, because it was programmed to force the pilot to land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9gELPxPG8Q

The programmers simply forgot to programm the plane for flight shows.

Boeing has made things much better than Airbus, ultimately putting the pilot on top of the hierarchy.

The "No Step" sign and now the "No Grab" emphasizes that Airbus planes are:

BigDee, what are you trying to tell us here? Im trying to spend as less time as possible on your statement, as the topic is the new update. 

- the 787 is fully fly by wire. There is no mechanical back up

- the highest order regarding the 737max - i don't have to go in detail here

- you can find exactly the same stickers on any boeing, embraer, etc. Jet.

Developed for monkeys by monkeys. Yes sure, monkeys go several years to university for that. But I'm sure you could do better.

Nevertheless, nice update again. I like the pictures 😊

• Upvote 1

I cannot fathom what the discussion is all about.. as far us us simmers are concerned, every single aircraft in our sims are fly-by-wire..

'shrug!'

• Upvote 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Can you say wing-flex?

Desktop-Screenshot-2020.07.01-23.15.35.9

Cheers

bs

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

21 hours ago, BigDee said:

I don ´t want to start a discussion about Boeing or Airbus, as this is not the topic.

But I would like to emphasize:

-Fly by wire is an advantage in regards of comfort for flight passengers, and possibly for safety topics

But:

-Airbus don`t have a mechanical back-up, they are mostly pure electrically connected. Boeing 777 uses a mechanical backup

- In Airbus planes, the computer system has the highest order, in Boeing fly-by-wire planes, the pilot can ultimately dictate the computer system what to do.

Airbus blamed themselves in an air show, when the computer didn`t allow the plane to lift off, because it was programmed to force the pilot to land.

Boeing has made things much better than Airbus, ultimately putting the pilot on top of the hierarchy.

The "No Step" sign and now the "No Grab" emphasizes that Airbus planes are:

You claim you don't want to start a discussion, and then you do. In order to heat things up even more, you add stickers that weren't in the original screenshot and then claim that Airbus needs those stickers because ..? To add insult to injury, you even make false claims about why Boeing aircraft are so much better than Airbus.

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

On 7/4/2020 at 7:20 AM, BigDee said:

After watching this picture I really asked myself what the Airbus developers thought when the did putting a no grab logo on the turbine.

I never liked the fly by wire technology nor the fact that the computer does the steering at Airbus planes. Even a monkey could drive these planes. Now combined with unnecessary stickers this plane will get its definition idiotism.

I'm curious to see how well FS2020 will model fly by wire.  In FSX, I usually had to turn the flight computers off to land an Airbus successfully.  Maybe it was just me?

Kevin Young

Without being picky, all aircraft in MSFS will be fly-by-wire, just like all the other aircraft in every other sim, all controlled by joysticks & yokes, plugged in to our PC's. 

So, for sticks in the planes, does the sim simulate non fly-by-wire controlling?

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

11 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Without being picky, all aircraft in MSFS will be fly-by-wire, just like all the other aircraft in every other sim, all controlled by joysticks & yokes, plugged in to our PC's. 

So, for sticks in the planes, does the sim simulate non fly-by-wire controlling?

In flight sims it comes down to how the simulated fly-by-wire responds to your commands. E.g. what happens when you try to over bank or over pitch the aircraft and what happens when you manually set the plane to an attitude. These are just some of the things that you'll notice and have to get accustomed to when you're flying an Airbus in a flight sim.

It's not about how the pilot's commands are directed from the flight controls to the surfaces (you would't notice this is a flight sim) but what the automation does to translate your commands to the mechanical surfaces.

Edited by Kopteeni

I'll apologize for my part in continuing the off-topic discussion. I probably should have just let it be.

Back on topic: did anyone notice the water in the screenshot by casebug? It's brown and silty, which really looks nice. I don't know the location to compare w/ the Bing maps, but I know the water class/color has been an obvious point of focus w/ the weekly screen shots. I wonder how much variation we'll see once the final product is released. 

I'll also add that I agree w/ Dominique about the lightning. It doesn't look odd to me because of that perception of the eye w/ the delay. I actually quite like it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dermot McClusky said:

I'll apologize for my part in continuing the off-topic discussion. I probably should have just let it be.

Back on topic: did anyone notice the water in the screenshot by casebug? It's brown and silty, which really looks nice. I don't know the location to compare w/ the Bing maps, but I know the water class/color has been an obvious point of focus w/ the weekly screen shots. I wonder how much variation we'll see once the final product is released. 

I'll also add that I agree w/ Dominique about the lightning. It doesn't look odd to me because of that perception of the eye w/ the delay. I actually quite like it.

I think that is Lake Powell, USA, based on @Shack95's work in the in game vs satellite thread. His other pics are from there, so it's not unlikely. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/558821-in-game-vs-satellite/page/70/

Looks really good. 

two questions: 

What are those two 'buttons' on the left side of the A32N's cockpit (above the PFDs)?

With regards to the FlightAware news, what about virtually 'deleting' an real-time AI flight? Say I want to fly BA 105 like in the real world, but I don't want to pick it up already in flight ( I want to do all the preflights, etc...),therefore I would have to begin my flight before the real flight turns on its transponder. Would there be a way so that there don't end up being 2 BA 105's at the same time (mine and AI)?

7 hours ago, EKRA01 said:

Say I want to fly BA 105 like in the real world,

I think I read or heard in a video you can pick up the fight plan of any plane you see flying around.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

On 7/3/2020 at 5:34 PM, Matt Barraud said:

I'm hoping that it's not all fork lightning as here in the UK we quite often just get flashes of lighning rather than the dramatic stuff we're seeing so far. 🙂

Although it is very meanacing! It basically shouts 'Don't fly here!' he he

The technical term is sheet lightning. And yes, we do get that a lot in the UK. 

• Like 1