Bye bye X-plane and your...well....not much else. LOL

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Bye bye P3D and your quadzillion hot fixes. LOL

Bye bye X-plane and your...well....not much else. LOL

Hello MSFS and your sixth zillion of updates. LOL

• Upvote 1

buH8MlH.jpg

Hands down my favorite picture from this weeks update. You can really feel the fear for the weather pilots may feel when taking-off in these thunderstorms. 

• Like 2

We are still on track to release the Closed Beta in late July.

So the (initial?) beta has moved to late July from mid July. Will be interesting see if it slips further right if Alpha 5 has hiccups.

Give people power to really test their personality.

Haha, yes, the tree / forest line is funny. The screenshots and videos are beautiful, as ever.

In the FlightAware story there was mention of ADS-B. Live data is also shown at xxxxxxxxx. An airport code can be given in the box top right (click the blue < icon to show the sidebar). It shows military aircraft too.

The map can be changed, in USA even to sectional or IFR charts.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

buH8MlH.jpg

Hands down my favorite picture from this weeks update. You can really feel the fear for the weather pilots may feel when taking-off in these thunderstorms. 

I dunno, it's funny how opinions vary isn't it? I think this is one of the weaker  screenshots this week. But it's just my opinion. I'm not sure what it is about the picture, it looks too 'model-like' for me, compared to a lot of the other screenshots we've seen. A combination of lighting and scale, maybe - I think the scale looks out of whack compared to the runway, but I guess a 60m wide runway plus shoulders is pretty wide.  I'd also like to see more weathering/grime!

Having said all that, the updates continue to look great. (I gave up waiting for an alpha invite when the minimum specs were released a while back!!)

Just now, FAZZ3 said:

I am less dramatic in my taste 😀. I go for this one. Beautiful light, nice clouds, good rendition of the layers and the horizon, good contrast with the dark ground, my kind of aircraft. I could be there. I wish I could.

Desktop-Screenshot-2020.06.22-19.45.57.3

This update shows once again that the FS20 clouds can be lovely and more realistic than anything we have seen before in other sims or dreadfully ugly and unrealistic like in the TrueDima#1569's screenshot of a Cessna on a tarmac. Strange.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 7/3/2020 at 3:02 AM, RudyB24 said:

In the FlightAware story there was mention of ADS-B. Live data is also shown xxxxxxxx. An airport code can be given in the box top right (click the blue < icon to show the sidebar). It shows military aircraft too.

Thank God the website name displayed here is your error!!

• Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

31 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

This update shows once again that the FS20 clouds can be lovely and more realistic than anything we have seen before in other sims or dreadfully ugly and unrealistic like in the TrueDima#1569's screenshot of a Cessna on a tarmac. Strange.

I've noticed the same. It's almost like they have more than one versions running at the same time. Maybe graphics settings are in play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kopteeni said:

I've noticed the same. It's almost like they have more than one versions running at the same time. Maybe graphics settings are in play.

I wonder whether this terrible shot was not set up with  the weather parameters, not reflecting live weather.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I wonder whether this terrible shot was not set up with  the weather parameters, not reflecting live weather.

To me it looks like their shader is messing up the lighting.

Looking at the arrival and departure board screenshot. So how will the SIM render aircraft that are not (I assume) in there by default - closes equivalent?

Excellent update 👍

• Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Just now, hanhamreds said:

Looking at the arrival and departure board screenshot. So how will the SIM render aircraft that are not (I assume) in there by default - closes equivalent?

Excellent update 👍

They have some generic models. Some of them can be seen in the airports episode. Hopefully the correct models and liveries can be added with an addon.

Just now, Kopteeni said:

To me it looks like their shader is messing up the lighting.

Could be, Heaven preserve us to have to tweak shaders !

In any case, besides the clouds themselves, the cloud front advancing close to the ground looks like out of a horror movie à la The Mummy 😱.  I looked closely but no! I didn't see Lionel's face in the clouds.

Dominique

Again some great screenshots. I was kinda hoping on a "feature" video like they did with NavMeteo, explaining how real life AI is integrated in the sim, especially around airports, the player's flight must be spaced between the AI somehow.
Taxiing is another thing. On busy airports that can already be a challenge for experienced pilots, let alone for us armchair pilots. I remember in FSX finding myself nose-to-nose to an AI aircraft that is not going anywhere.

I wasn't expecting an explanation on how different aircraft types and liveries are handled by the sim so no disappointment there. I do wonder though.

As for liveries, I expect a 3d party or ourselves to step in, but the sim must have the underlying code to be able to use it, to somehow couple the correct aircraft type and livery to the right AI flight.

Edited by orchestra_nl
more words

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5