Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 2nd, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

The Boeing 747 shot at night is very impressive. Adobo did an impressive job with the engine.

I tweaked the image a little because I liked it so much.

01.jpg

Looking foward flying at nights.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I'd say that they dont want to simulate a lightning as such but the way the lightning is perceived by the eye. The lagging is the short persistence of vision of the retina. Its like the flare effect, an artifact.

My first impression was, that it exactly looks like I perceive lightning. Not like it looks when I record it on a camera.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

RE lightening and airport strobes. I wonder if they have frequency limits due to the risk of inducing an epileptic seizure in a player. There may be legal requirements here. Just speculating, but in the past I remember game software sometimes had epilepsy warnings and settings to make it safe. I can’t remember the games where I encountered this as it was very many years ago.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Bottle said:

RE lightening and airport strobes. I wonder if they have frequency limits due to the risk of inducing an epileptic seizure in a player. There may be legal requirements here. Just speculating, but in the past I remember game software sometimes had epilepsy warnings and settings to make it safe. I can’t remember the games where I encountered this as it was very many years ago.

I wonder how much the sim will be customization regarding things like this. Maybe it is just changing some simple values in a text editor. I can't help myself to rant about X-Plane a lot but you have to admit... it is astonishing how modifiable it is.

Edited by Wanderkroete

After watching this picture I really asked myself what the Airbus developers thought when the did putting a no grab logo on the turbine.

I never liked the fly by wire technology nor the fact that the computer does the steering at Airbus planes. Even a monkey could drive these planes. Now combined with unnecessary stickers this plane will get its definition idiotism.

no-grab.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-L2iXajSY

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigDee said:

After watching this picture I really asked myself what the Airbus developers thought when the did putting a no grab logo on the turbine.

I never liked the fly by wire technology nor the fact that the computer does the steering at Airbus planes. Even a monkey could drive these planes. Now combined with unnecessary stickers this plane will get its definition idiotism.

Good that this is just your opinion. As a passager, I am all for technological advancement in aviation.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, BigDee said:

Now combined with unnecessary stickers this plane will get its definition idiotism.

It’s to prevent them from getting sued. The same reason McDonalds has a ‘caution hot’ on their coffee cups, someone actually sued them for getting burnt.

• Like 1

what bothers me about that shot is that the noise hazard sticker appears flat while the engine appears curved.

(but I really don't care)

you can't have everything. where would you put it? - Steven Wright

Edited by sightseer
  • Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

re: most of casebugs shots...

anyone else notice the good water colors and also the translucent nature of the water near the shore?  the wave action also seems very appropriate instead of large waves at the shore of a lake...not that waves dont occur in lakes -- anyone who has gone sailing knows about those rogue waves! 🙂 

Edited by sightseer
  • Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

what bothers me about that shot is that the noise hazard sticker appears flat while the engine appears curved.

(but I really don't care)

you can't have everything. where would you put it? - Steven Wright

Those warnings are bad edits... they are not in the original shot nor the actual aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bernard

4 hours ago, BigDee said:

I also have been a Boeing guy. I like its shape outside and the fun to fly oldschool.

It took me some time to admit that Airbus is just way ahead in terms of design in the mid-range segment (A320 vs B737).

This applies on so many levels:

• Cockpit design. It's ergonomic and thought through. Most Airbus cockpits look similar, which makes transition really easy.
  • The outside design. While the B737 is more sexy, the A320 offers more ground clearance and therefore allows those bigger NEO engines to be mounted without any trouble (MCAS). The gear is stored behind doors. No need for such a special two-triangle shape of the vertical stabilizer. The A320 is a clean new design. The 737 seems almost like a Frankenstein like patchwork those days.
  • The fly by wire is easier to maintain, weights less and offers more technical potential. (Boeing is slowly adapting -> 777, 787)
  • The flight computer assists the pilot (commanding rates instead of direct control). It's not about the joy of fyling, it's about efficiency, comfort and safety. Technology is clearly moving into that direction - you can even see it with cars.

All in all, the Airbus is just a well thought through product. The Airbus guys made some clever, innovative decisions back in the 80s.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 hours ago, BigDee said:

Erm... Computers do all the steering of all planes in the sim. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

8 hours ago, BigDee said:

no-grab.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-L2iXajSY

What's the point of adding these sticker manually in photoshop? These are not in original screenshot.

• Upvote 3

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

1 hour ago, BigDee said:

In Airbus planes, the computer system has the highest order, in Boeing fly-by-wire planes, the pilot can ultimately dictate the computer system what to do

what kind of garbage are you telling? Boeing 737 max - the pilots had no chance to steer 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3