Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 2nd, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

On 7/4/2020 at 9:51 AM, Wanderkroete said:

I wonder how much the sim will be customization regarding things like this. Maybe it is just changing some simple values in a text editor. I can't help myself to rant about X-Plane a lot but you have to admit... it is astonishing how modifiable it is.

It's going to include a scenery and flight dynamics editor we can play with. We will have to wait and see to what degree it allows us to modify, or if we will have to dive into files and twiddle a bit.

On 7/4/2020 at 8:51 PM, BigDee said:

I don ´t want to start a discussion about Boeing or Airbus, as this is not the topic.

But I would like to emphasize:

-Fly by wire is an advantage in regards of comfort for flight passengers, and possibly for safety topics

But:

-Airbus don`t have a mechanical back-up, they are mostly pure electrically connected. Boeing 777 uses a mechanical backup

- In Airbus planes, the computer system has the highest order, in Boeing fly-by-wire planes, the pilot can ultimately dictate the computer system what to do.

Airbus blamed themselves in an air show, when the computer didn`t allow the plane to lift off, because it was programmed to force the pilot to land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9gELPxPG8Q

The programmers simply forgot to programm the plane for flight shows.

Boeing has made things much better than Airbus, ultimately putting the pilot on top of the hierarchy.

The "No Step" sign and now the "No Grab" emphasizes that Airbus planes are:

Developed by monkeys for monkeys.

No that's wrong. The accident you referred to was pilot error. He was low and slow, pitched up high. They couldnt see the trees ahead of them till it was too late. They engaged TOGA but by that time it would have taken the thrust of the space shuttle to climb out. They also attempted to pitch up, but they were at the max pitch angle and if the flight envelope protection hadn't prevented higher pitch angle they would have stalled and hit the ground like a ton of bricks.

It wasnt programmed to force the pilot to land.

You can literally hear the engines spooling up too late, just as they hit the trees. Big engines take time to spool up. Pilot error. Airbus did not blame themselves.

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, mesaba 116 said:

I'm curious to see how well FS2020 will model fly by wire.  In FSX, I usually had to turn the flight computers off to land an Airbus successfully.  Maybe it was just me?

That's something I was wondering about too.  With the a320 in FSX, I did the same and shut the computers down, otherwise it was uncontrollable.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Is it possible that this Boeing - Airbus discussion goes to the hangar chat forum, it has nothing to do with MSFS

• Like 5

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

12 minutes ago, Vindeballe said:

Is it possible that this Boeing - Airbus discussion goes to the hangar chat forum, it has nothing to do with MSFS

+1

🙂

Are any moderators actually moderating this? 

PLEASE move this Boeing vs 'Bus , as it does not belong in a flight sim forum..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

8 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

I think I read or heard in a video you can pick up the fight plan of any plane you see flying around.

Same, but I would start my flight way before the real flight turns on its transponder (since it's still at the gate) so there would be 2 BA 105s in the sim (mine and the real-time AI one)

42 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It's on a Thursday, which means it could line up with the release of the Closed Beta. A new trailer and more B-roll footage can be expected as well.

How sure are we that our beloved sim will make the cut in that showcase?

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

6 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

I´d be surprised if it wouldn´t make an appearance. MS has been very eager to show it.

37 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

It made an appearance at the E3 2019 and the X019 events, and it was recently mentioned in an interview along with other first-party titles. Since its announcement it has gained some very decent attention from the general gaming audience, it is only to be expected that they will continue to showcase it.

19 hours ago, pannellg said:

Still waiting to see some fall foliage, and/or some barren winter landscape...

Unfortunately, you'll be waiting a while as seasons aren't yet part of the release information. Register and check www.flightsimulator.com to see the insider updates of their roadmap and top requests with seasons being one of them.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

2 hours ago, canadiantree said:

Personally I think we are getting feed every week with top quality screenshots, so a new trailer won`t make a lot of difference at all. I think the most important thing right now is the progress that is beeing made. Closed Beta coming end of July and there are no real delays currently.

I also think we won`t get any release infos considering the new console, as the video will be a game trailer. I guess the weekly progress reports are the best sources for news of MSFS.

15 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

I think I read or heard in a video you can pick up the fight plan of any plane you see flying around.

I guess this kills PMDG's Global Flight Operations or whatever it's called.... How long now, 3years and still nothing released?

Matthew S