Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Are any of the members of ASOBO from the original FSX team?

35 minutes ago, LHookins said:

What I saw in v4  

MSFS isn't perfect, but in places it gets close.

Hook

Far from me the idea to say that v4 was not good. P3D is a good sim. I still fly an orbxified v3 and have a ball. My point is that LM could do better in a transformative way. As MS has decided to do. V4 or v5 could have been done by a small studio . We are talking Lockheed Martin. They should listen to Avis. Try harder.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I think we should all start calling the new sim FS20 just to cheese Wobbie off. 😄 

Hook

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I think we should all start calling the new sim FS20 just to cheese Wobbie off. 😄 

Hook

I'm thinking of referring to it as P3D V6, just for a laugh, or maybe taking a leaf out of Hollywood's book and going for FSX 2: This time it's personal. Let's be honest, there is every likelihood that if LM stay in the game, they'll take a licence for its core and make P3D V10 out of the bones of the new MS sim.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, rampa said:

I think that LM rushed their "beta" because the imminent FS2020 deploy? Usually the competition makes better prices and better software, but in this case the competition seems producing the worst (at our expenses). So I decided to no accept this passively, at this point flying, the real thing, could be cheaper than buying defective software and tons of addons.

Where are you paying these cheap prices for airplane rentals? I want to get in on the action as well!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

MSFS future may be reliant on the DLC have given that some thought.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

FSX 2: A New Beginning

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

50 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Where are you paying these cheap prices for airplane rentals? I want to get in on the action as well!

Sorry guys for the OT. However just consider the costs about the sims, the addons and the hardware. I live close to Rome and we have several opportunities here to fly with planes and gliders, just half an hour from my home.

• Like 2

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

2 hours ago, rampa said:

at this point flying, the real thing, could be cheaper than buying defective software and tons of addons.

It’s not...by a looooooooooooong stretch. Believe me 😭

• Upvote 1

Chris

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Microsoft Flight Simulation

Uh, its name is Microsoft Flight Simulator, if you would be so kind 😉

Edited by snglecoil
  • Like 2

Chris

4 hours ago, LHookins said:

P3Dv5 was pushed out of the nest too soon, an act likely forced on them by business circumstances <cough>MSFS<cough>.  Let's hope MSFS doesn't suffer the same fate with an earlier-than-expected release.

Hook

But I thought P3D wasn't for the entertainment market!? 😏 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

No more P3D EULA discussion!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

A lot of interesting stuff spoken about here, 

It is strange that the thumb-sucked fake FS20 name is still bandied about. Maybe the poster is unaware of the correct name of the sim, of which there will be 3 versions, Standard, Deluxe & Premium.

Anyhow, Microsoft Flight Simulation (NOT FS20) has a gaming license, so it cannot be used 'not for enterainment', by LM.

LM's product is licensed to be used, with the correct hardware, as a professional product for training (see Frasca, amongst others), not only for the military, but also training schools. MSFS (not FS20) cannot be used for that, as it is an entertainment product, also targeted to gamers.  

I'm surprised that the new sim is not called FS8, or FSAugust.. why FS20? 

Or why not FS11? Actually, FS2020 would be the correct term.  If you say just FS or MSFS I don't know if your talking about FS 1.0, FS for windows 95 or anything after.. ect *joking* 

Calling it FS2020 just goes with the naming that has been used forever. IMO

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

3 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Are you still banging that nomenclature drum? ...

It's only like me referring to quadrotors or multirotors as just that rather than "drones:dry:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 hours ago, reignman40 said:

Or why not FS11? Actually, FS2020 would be the correct term.  If you say just FS or MSFS I don't know if your talking about FS 1.0, FS for windows 95 or anything after.. ect *joking* 

Calling it FS2020 just goes with the naming that has been used forever. IMO

Actually FS2020 is not the correct term, Anybody, in this day & age, should know that there is a new sim out.. Even Avsim has a Forum called Microsoft Flight Simulator, I'm sure that nobody is confused as to what sim is referred to. Still, MSFS is quite different & descriptive as per the correct official name.

Why 2020, when FS8 would be less confusing to Avsimmers? (as the sim will be released in August? Let's here from the confused?

BTW, repetition of a made up name does not make it correct.

Edited by Wobbie
  • Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

2 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Uh, its name is Microsoft Flight Simulator, if you would be so kind 😉

Sorry, Spell check on my mobile, I apologise!  (Thank Goodness spellcheck did not correct it to 2020!)

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...