Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 16th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

13 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

All alpha testers, not all who signed up for the alpha...

Correct, but they're still sending out invitations.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

we are giving you early access to the Closed Beta build today.

Oh!  I couldn't figure this out at first, but it means that the Alpha we got today is the Beta version.  That makes sense.

Thanks, Asobo! 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

I really hope the Beta program gives testers the full and latest version of the build which includes all the previously unannounced aircraft like the 787. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

I really hope the Beta program gives testers the full and latest version of the build which includes all the previously unannounced aircraft like the 787. 

Based on a couple of *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* comments on the forum earlier, I would guess that they do indeed have the full build (or something very close to it). 

Betas are typically feature complete but may still have bugs.  I won't know how complete until the download is finished. 🙂 And then I won't be able to talk about it.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

One good thing about the store. There should be some element of quality control.

Stuff on the store will need to work with the latest updates.  Hopefully gone are the days where in p3d or xplane major version changes or updates either breaks the add-ons or won't let you use them.

Having one click install will be great and should hopefully mean no more hours of downloading dependencies and tinkering with ini files

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

My best guess is that in the early release closed beta test version, they have only released the aircraft in the basic version of the final release simulator.  Then perhaps in the next beta version they might then add other aircraft for testing.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

4 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

"Beyond that, our sound team released video tutorials on the edition of aircraft sounds"

Hmmm.... interesting

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

LOVE the shots of the plane standing in the grass, cannot get enough of those. The last shot of New York does look like there might be some significant autogen popping in the distance. The horizon looks too empty.

The continued development is a dream come true though. Cannot give the developers enough praise. 

I did not hear anything about localized versions in other languages than english. There will be many customers whose english is not good enough to use this simulation. Does anybody know more?

5 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

For the first time, Microsoft Flight Simulator will include a built-in Marketplace which enables approved partners to sell their content directly to simmers.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:33 PM, tweekz said:

ingame shop, marketplace...

Plenty options with a genre that heavily relies on addons and a grown up (financially strong) audience.

*padding on my own shoulder*

😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I love how "Launch" is just one point amongst many others in their roadmap. It shows that we are still just in the midst of an ongoing development that is not determined to finish with the release but is planned to go on for years to come.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Teaser” How did everyone miss that? What would be worthy of a teaser? Helicopters perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Teaser” How did everyone miss that? What would be worthy of a teaser? Helicopters perhaps?

Good shout or VR maybe?

anyone else expecting a serious amount of Beta invites to go out to really stress test the sim prior to launch?