Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What happens if this game is no longer supported?

Since most of the data is streamed from the cloud, what would happen if Asobo/Microsoft no longer provide any support or abandons the sim? Does that mean we won't be able to use the sim anymore since it's dependent on the petabytes of data that is streamed over from the cloud? This is one thing that I'm worried about, and that's the future of MFS.

• Like 1

Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i9 10900K (no overclock) / Windows 10 Pro 2004 64 bit / 64GB DDR4 3200MHz CL 16RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) / 2TB SATA SSD / 4TB SATA HDD / 850watt PSU

Posted (edited)

They will do the same as before and offer it to someone that want`s to continue development like LM 😄 

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Upvote 1

i9 10900K\ASUS APEX MB \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2+1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Then you would fly in offline mode?

These kind of questions are strange. There is a large amount of modern games now that will suddenly stop working if online servers where shut down.  And yet flight simulator is the only game where I see these fear mongering questions. 

We've been assured this is a 10 year project.  Thats a long time.  For what its worth 9 years ago xplane 10 was released. Do people still play xplane 9?

• Like 3

We probably won't have access to online scenery and live weather and traffic, but the simulator should still work. Microsoft Flight is still working, with online services and DLC not available (although they can be downloaded with a community tool), but it had a very tight GFWL integration.

• Like 1

If they've been smart about the architecture they have built the engine so that it's relatively easy to replace the weather and scenery data sources with another service. It probably wouldn't hurt to introduce some competition for meteo blue with the weather data.

4 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

If they've been smart about the architecture they have built the engine so that it's relatively easy to replace the weather and scenery data sources with another service. It probably wouldn't hurt to introduce some competition for meteo blue with the weather data.

I think, it isn't so easy, as you are thinkink. Data can't flow directly from maps source to MSFS, there is a difficult AI processing between maps and scenery server in cloud, processing isn't runing on users PC. Next there must be a big capacity servers for streaming processed data to users PC. Weather and live traffic are the same, needs processing between source and streaming data too. So it isn't enough only redirect MSFS klient to receive data from other source (for example from BING maps to Google maps or from Flightaware to FR24...). But I think, if MSFS will be in positive eknomic number, there will be not aby reason to stop it 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

I think, it isn't so easy, as you are thinkink. Data can't flow directly from maps source to MSFS, there is a difficult AI processing between maps and scenery server in cloud, processing isn't runing on users PC. Next there must be a big capacity servers for streaming processed data to users PC. Weather and live traffic are the same, needs processing between source and streaming data too. So it isn't enough only redirect MSFS klient to receive data from other source (for example from BING maps to Google maps or from Flightaware to FR24...). But I think, if MSFS will be in positive eknomic number, there will be not aby reason to stop it 🙂

Naturally the data needs to conform to the api specifications. However, there's no black magic involved here. It's only data presented in a form that MSFS client can use. 

Posted (edited)

You are worried about the future of a game which MS is on record as stating is slated for a minimum ten-year lifespan and which hasn't even been released yet? Gosh, I bet you're a barrel of laughs at parties. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Naturally the data needs to conform to the api specifications. However, there's no black magic involved here. It's only data presented in a form that MSFS client can use.

Not only conform to API specs. This data don't exist (exactly exist only on Azure cloud, not in other sources). It must be processed from basic ortophoto map source (BING or Google) to a complete scenery data. Like corrected colors, deleted clouds, placed roads, rivers, lakes, seas and whole Earth autogen of course.

Edited by ludekbrno

2 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Not only conform to API specs. It must be processed from basic ortophoto map source (BING or Google) to a complete scenery data. Like corrected colors, deleted clouds, laced roads, rivers, lakes, seas and whole Earth autogen of course.

These are data quality features, not a prerequisite for getting it to work in MSFS.

Win 7 64 bit Ultimate is not supported and it runs fine on my PC..  Granted I'm only on FSX and will have to go to Win 10 should I jump to P3D or MSFS..

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I would cry then crawl back to P3D with apology chocolates in hand and wait another 15 years for their next attempt.

• Like 5

Daniel Glover

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

what would happen if Asobo/Microsoft no longer provide any support or abandons the sim? 

We would wake up from a dream. A bad dream.

Lol let it first release 

Zulfiqar  Location : VABB - Boombay - India