Sign in to follow this  
CallsignDE

Leaked Videos

45 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

That's an interesting video, because it shows what really bad satellite coverage looks like in MSFS, and, apart from the strange coloring, it still looks surprisingly good to me.

My thoughts exactly. There is only so much, the AI can interpret out of the source material and if it is not that good, then the result cannot compare to a full detailed Euopean or American location. I also think there might be a lot of areas with suboptimal orthos... and still, it looks rather convincing to me overall. 

Wonder what it looks like if switched to offline mode and let the AI generate textures instead of using bad quality orthos and still put the buildings onm it - data should still be there according to Asobos World Episode, even if not that detailed, of course. Might be a good workaround maybe.

The cars... yeah, but actually I can take this with a smile. I mean, cars driving over triangle formed "bridges" in XP11 look amusing, too. Pretty sure we will also see cars just disappear from time to time (tunnels?). But that´s not my main concern. 

Still excited.

Don't expect a prefect world! And yes ORBX is far from out of business in MSFS2020 🙂

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, CallsignDE said:

[...] Leaked flight around Pyongyang without watermarks?

Looks a lot like FSX trials? The quality corresponds to nothing we have seen so far in connection with the new Flight Simulator I think.

58 minutes ago, kovatSS said:

New York leak with Teterboro airport landing and taxing. One of the best IMO.

https://gofile.io/d/77l4em?fbclid=IwAR1pZAgyFyg1-qF-5bHF3stKAGrORwXTw2lrcaAJHs5JwhDjc_sswLMuNDI

Microsoft/Asobo have limited the area's shown on their site to parts of Europe (mainly) and Washington state. This New York Teterboro leak was fantastic, terrain and the non-detailed airport are the best I've ever seen in a flight-sim. I've flown this area many times in Prepar3d but it never looked this good at all levels.

Darryl

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Strange coloring indeed. The glorious Kim Il-Sung square all green ? The magnificent Friendship Tower a black stump ? The imperialist dogs of Redmont and their French lackeys have no respect.

Btw the vid has the facebook.com watermark all over. Seems the NDA is partially raised for some.

Nope, NDA has never been lifted. Those that are leaking are still violating it. Hopefully those that are breaking it aren't allowed into future Microsoft testing programs.

Imagine getting this far in testing to toss out your credibility as a tester.

Edited by trainplane3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Don't expect a prefect world! And yes ORBX is far from out of business in MSFS2020 🙂

Orbx will continue to make fantastic airports I want to buy but no more scenic area's.

Darryl 

3 minutes ago, trainplane3 said:

Nope, NDA has never been lifted. Those that are leaking are still violating it. Hopefully those that are breaking it aren't allowed into future Microsoft testing programs.

I hope they continue to get invited because I appreciate the leaks. I'm honestly more excited about the sim because of the leaks, versus curated screenshots/vids from testers and edited trailers.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Teterboro very impressive. The new Walmart shopping center got rendered nicely and the area is very accurate. My old neighborhood. Saved that 20 minute video to enjoy til the 18th. 

General comment about any of these videos. If you are looking for perfection and no scenery glitches, you aren't gonna be happy with MSFS. It's a standard that's not attainable, especially not with how they are creating the world. If this were just generic land class, it'd be one thing, but they can't possibly hand fix every spot on earth where the photogrammetry isn't perfect or a bridge doesn't work properly. 

And yes, while the AI does a great job placing buildings regardless, the coloring of bad quality satellite imagery is an issue. If you want to fly in North Korea, it's going to look better than every other sim, but it's still going to look bad. 

I've done some flying in Africa and it was surprisingly good, but is it as good as places in the US or Europe? No. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, that Teterboro video is impressive. And indeed the frame rates between 35 and 50 are still decent if that HW was indeed what was described. Will be best to have a Gsync or Freesync monitor though with these values.

Also the Phongyang video is impressive in it's own right ... most if not all buildings must have been AI generated, which was done in a very 'plausible' way (the word often used with X-plane ... to have 'plausible' scenery was the goal ... well, we have that here for sure).

I trust the issue with the dark space under bridges will be solved some day.

Anyhow ... we're all set to go!

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

30 minutes ago, CassGarrettWannabe said:

Looks a lot like FSX trials? The quality corresponds to nothing we have seen so far in connection with the new Flight Simulator I think.

This isnt FSX for sure!

26 minutes ago, bonchie said:

General comment about any of these videos. If you are looking for perfection and no scenery glitches, you aren't gonna be happy with MSFS.

I may not agree. I am a customer, not a public defender of the company which sells my toys. My job is to demand the best that I can have and not to find them excuses. Even good and reasonable excuses. To each, his job.  My job is to be finicky. The Google Earth  imagery of PY is very good, much better than what I see in the vid. I expect that MS gives me the best. Bing buys or rather licenses their pics. They should get better imagery. After all, PY is one of the most photographed cities in the world. From the sky 😉.

I am pretty confident that the new sim will be a big leap forward in term of imagery and I love the idea but it is not inappropiate to say that the coloring of this image is bad, that they should correct it.

The best they did in the alpha was not to have me 😇.

18 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

Also the Phongyang video is impressive in it's own right ... most if not all buildings must have been AI generated, 

The high rises I checked are rather good in shape not in colors.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

24 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I may not agree. I am a customer, not a public defender of the company which sells my toys. My job is to demand the best that I can have and not to find them excuses.

Demand whatever you want. I'm am telling you that most of these little graphical issues will not be fixed in the next 26 days, especially when it relates to AI issues. It's not gonna happen. All sims suffer from them and MSFS will be no different. It'll just look a lot prettier in most other regards. 

If you expect them to go hand color correct bad satellite imagery covering the entire world, that's probably never going to happen either. What's been done to this point is automated. It works in most places, not so well in places with badly colored and low resolution orthos. 

They are not going to go license imagery from a direct competitor (Google) to fix North Korea in a sim, one of the least flown places by simmers in existence. I can't police expectations, but I can warn you at least to not set them too lofty. 

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!
  • Like 1

Is this a leaked video, or one published by Microsoft? 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.