Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

It’s on Steam

As far as Flight planning software. My thoughts are we will have to wait and see the scope of simconnect or a similar interface within the App..

Surely the Market Place in the sim will be available in the Steam version. The reason I ask is doesn't Steam usually require DLC to be sold through their store.I know you can add 3rd party DLC from other websites to a Steam version of flight sim. Just wondering about the Market Place, as I want to be able to buy my DLC from within the sim as well as outside 3rd party sites? Or who ever has a better sale at times, Steam DLC, Market Place in sim, 3rd party website.

Just trying to verify information. If anyone knows?

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

7 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Surely the Market Place in the sim will be available in the Steam version. The reason I ask is doesn't Steam usually require DLC to be sold through their store.I know you can add 3rd party DLC from other websites to a Steam version of flight sim. Just wondering about the Market Place, as I want to be able to buy my DLC from within the sim as well as outside 3rd party sites? Or who ever has a better sale at times, Steam DLC, Market Place in sim, 3rd party website.

Just trying to verify information. If anyone knows?

Great question exactly what I'm wondering before I decide on the platform to buy on

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I don’t see why the MS Marketplace could not be active in the Steam version. There are many games sold on Steam that actually are activated and downloaded in other platforms such as Ubisoft and EA Titles, so just like MS servers are needed to stream data, they could also be used to purchase add-ons within the sim.

One interest perk that the Steam version might have is the Workshop, which makes it really easy to install mods and freeware content in general. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I hope that Asobo/ MS can verify that the Market Place will indeed be in the Steam version, and work exactly like the one bought from the Microsoft Store. I want to be able to buy some DLC from within the sim. Actually I prefer to be able to get DLC on Steam ( sales ), in sim Market Place ( during sales or not ), 3rd party websites ( sales or not ). It would just be nice to know!

If not I will buy the sim from the Microsoft store, if it works exactly the same, I will buy from Steam.

• Like 4

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I had nothing but problems with MSFS and the microsoft store. first my pc was not recognized even though my pc was showing up in my microsoft online account. ended up having to change my pc login from local to microsoft in order for it to be recognized as an installation option at the store. after all that when trying to install MSFS i got message that it couldn't be installed because windows update was not turned on. It was and completely up to date. cancelled my order. still going to wait before ordering on steam because i'm not crazy about that option, and perhaps enough people will have the same store problems as me when it's released and a fix will be found.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 9:15 AM, Nedo68 said:

lucky you lol

everyone can get the PC gamepass beta for $1 in the first month and next each month for $4,99 😂

Exactly... but lots of people ignore this...

On 7/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, Thomasso said:

You will get only Standard version, not Premium Deluxe 😛

Yes, for free... then if I like it I can get the extra content, or not...

5 hours ago, desbean said:

I had nothing but problems with MSFS and the microsoft store. first my pc was not recognized even though my pc was showing up in my microsoft online account. ended up having to change my pc login from local to microsoft in order for it to be recognized as an installation option at the store. after all that when trying to install MSFS i got message that it couldn't be installed because windows update was not turned on. It was and completely up to date. cancelled my order. still going to wait before ordering on steam because i'm not crazy about that option, and perhaps enough people will have the same store problems as me when it's released and a fix will be found.

So you're blaming Microsoft for your own lack of knowledge? 

Tell me, can you get games on steam store without logging into your steam account? why would it be any different here?

Did you not read you need to get a specific windows update to use gamepass beta? It's not just "update was on", you need a specific update that you need to actively choose to install. 

No problem happens when one reads and know what they're doing...

MSFS is already top sales in Steam 2 weeks from release

Edited by cepact
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

So you're blaming Microsoft for your own lack of knowledge? 

Tell me, can you get games on steam store without logging into your steam account? why would it be any different here?

Did you not read you need to get a specific windows update to use gamepass beta? It's not just "update was on", you need a specific update that you need to actively choose to install. 

No problem happens when one reads and know what they're doing...

It seems my lack of knowledge is exceeded by yours. Please note for future reference that installation of gamepass is not a requirement for purchasing MSFS. The requirements are listed at the official site, and you should read them before offering advice or criticism.

12 hours ago, desbean said:

It seems my lack of knowledge is exceeded by yours. Please note for future reference that installation of gamepass is not a requirement for purchasing MSFS. The requirements are listed at the official site, and you should read them before offering advice or criticism.

sigh.. yes, I have been gaming for 40 years and you know more... Gamepass was mentioned because it is a way to get it FOR FREE, of course it's not a requirement, gamepass is a subscription, not an app, you can't "install gamepass". and of course it's also not a requirement for *purchasing* which anyone with half a neuron can do on their website even. The xbox beta app IS a Requirement, and where the game is launched from, and on the game page it clearly lists the system requirements, including OS and update version.  Like I said, reading removes ignorance... try it some time. 

Edited by Mgard78

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

sigh.. yes, I have been gaming for 40 years and you know more... Gamepass was mentioned because it is a way to get it FOR FREE, of course it's not a requirement, gamepass is a subscription, not an app, you can't "install gamepass". and of course it's also not a requirement for *purchasing* which anyone with half a neuron can do on their website even. The xbox beta app IS a Requirement, and where the game is launched from, and on the game page it clearly lists the system requirements, including OS and update version.  Like I said, reading removes ignorance... try it some time. 

sigh indeed. You mentioned how lacking in knowledge it was of me not to know how to install gamepass beta, even though it had absolutely nothing to do with my original post. Perhaps you mentioned it because you are a "gamer", and it's "free" to get it that way, so you assume that's the way everyone is getting it. Now, I guess intent in finding a way to appear more knowledgeable, you have changed gears and are providing information about needing an xbox beta app in order to install MSFS. At least we seem to have moved on from your gamepass scoldings. Odd that xbox beta app isn't mentioned as a requirement on either the xbox page for MSFS or in the requirements for installation at the microsoft store. But you have been a "gamer" for 40 years which is very impressive indeed. Please provide a link to the page showing where installing the "xbox beta app" is a requirement for the installation of a purchase of Microsoft Flight Simulator so that I will no longer appear as someone with "less than half a neuron". Thanks for all your help!

Edited by desbean
misspell

Amasing to see how some threads devolve into silly egofights, i am right you are wrong, no no its the other way round.

hahahahahaha thanks for a good laff.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, wim123 said:

Amasing to see how some threads devolve into silly egofights, i am right you are wrong, no no its the other way round.

hahahahahaha thanks for a good laff.

glad you enjoyed, but yes pretty foolish on my part.