Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

It’s on Steam

Has anyone looked at the system requirements listed on Steam? They are completely off for some reason.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

42 minutes ago, seamaster55 said:

I don't think you'll be able to pre-order it on steam, and have it installed ready to go several days before the 18th of August - like you would with the ms store version.

I'm thinking of download issues after the 18th for a lot of you folks.

There won't be any download issues from Steam.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

So everyone who were in a haste to preorder from MS Store for no apparent reason are now having to figure out how to cancel and preorder from Steam instead. This is some funny stuff.

Not really. With Steam, it has always been possible to add a game or sim which is listed on Steam, but which you have bought outside of Steam, to your Steam library. You could argue that this in fact gives you the best of both worlds, since you are getting it direct from source, but can also take advantage of any offers Steam has in relation to it.

Here is a screenshot of my Steam library highlighting a sim which I bought direct from Bohemia Interactive's web store (not from Steam), which I subsequently added to my Steam library, just to show this absolutely can be done. I've also highlighted the button you click to do this, so it's not exactly a hard thing to manage:

nv4XWMv.jpg

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

There won't be any download issues from Steam.

Normally this is true, but it depends on whether the Steam download link is a proxy to the same MS servers or to their own server, in which case it'll be the same for everyone. If it is from a Steam server, they can get quite rammed sometimes on release days, to the point where you end up having to look for a D/L server in another country in order to speed things up a bit. Admittedly this is not too common, but to suggest that Steam never has any issue with DLs is not absolutely always true.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

Not really. With Steam, it has always been possible to add a game or sim which is listed on Steam, but which you have bought outside of Steam, to your Steam library. You could argue that this in fact gives you the best of both worlds, since you are getting it direct from source, but can also take advantage of any offers Steam has in relation to it.

Here is a screenshot of my Steam library highlighting a sim which I bought direct from Bohemia Interactive's web store (not from Steam), which I subsequently added to my Steam library, just to show this absolutely can be done. I've also highlighted the button you click to do this, so it's not exactly a hard thing to manage:

nv4XWMv.jpg

I do that too. However, when you need to reinstall I don't think it's possible to do from the Steam UI?

It also won't autoupdate your games added from other sources?

Edited by Kopteeni

Just now, Kopteeni said:

I do that too. However, when you need to reinstall I don't think it's possible to do from the Steam UI?

Nope, possibly not, although I can't recall ever having had an insurmountable problem with that sort of thing. As I say, and as people can probably see from that screenshot of my Steam account (which is only showing software alphabetically from S to W), I use it a lot and have done for years, as evidenced by SWG being listed in there, which I think has been defunct for many years now.

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

Glad I don't have to order it because I have gamepass 🤣

You will get only Standard version, not Premium Deluxe 😛

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

26 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Has anyone looked at the system requirements listed on Steam? They are completely off for some reason.

Not sure about the game, but the requirements for posting on the Steam forums are that you need to type like a ten year old with attention deficit syndrome and anger management issues, using as much text-speak as possible. You get extra points for pluralising words such as gamer, with a Z rather than an S, and you must call anyone who asks a civil question, a 'noob'. Additional points can be earned by writing 'prolly' instead of 'probably', or using a 4 digit instead of a cap A, and a five digit instead of a cap S. Also spelling 'hangar', as in what you park an aeroplane in, 'hanger', as in what you put your overcoat on.

And hangerz, if there are two of them. Obviously. 🙂

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

System specs:

Storage: 2 GB available space

👀

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Guys, don't just succumb to the hype. Take a hard look at these videos and check what they show and don't show. As I said on the other thread, realistic expectations are in order.

Well, at least it leaves some room for improvement from Add-on developers!

Chris Camp

I also love Steam and use it whenever I can for managing and organizing most of my games. I like to have everything centralized if possible. Sucks that I can't because certain games have their own little shop and installer. Like Epic Games, Origin, Battlenet. Which makes things a mess. 

I already pre-ordered from the MS store, not sure if I should cancel and get it from Steam instead now. What are you guys going to do that have already pre-ordered? Stay or get it through Steam?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I will not order through steam if you have FSX:SE check the addons that have a problem installing on steam, the Dev`s will have to make them steam installer.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just cancelled ms store pre-order and now it's on my steam library. So much nicer to have everything in a single place, and great that I won't have to be concerned with installation directory problems.

• Like 1

imyj2f-5.png

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is excellent news, I've got all my games on Steam. Seamless patching and upgrading. No muss no fuss. Hopefully a lot of the addons will be released via Steam as well.

That will be the key for me.  I'd MUCH prefer it on steam, but will await confirmation that add ons will be as robust as the Microsoft marketplace before purchasing if at all possible

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
          Memory: 16384MB RAM
          WINDOWS10 - DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)