Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Volume of vehicle traffic in MSFS - Adjustable or Not ?

After watching many recent beta videos, it appears the volume of vehicle traffic in large cities is EXTREMELY light, which of course has an effect on realism.  Any ideas as to how a user will be able to adjust this or not ?  Apologize if this has been previously addressed. Thanks.

WAT1460.png

The freeways in Los Angeles were practically empty. Just saying...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

After watching many recent beta videos, it appears the volume of vehicle traffic in large cities is EXTREMELY light, which of course has an effect on realism.  Any ideas as to how a user will be able to adjust this or not ?  Apologize if this has been previously addressed. Thanks.

I'm sure it will be. I hope there will be a way to turn it completely off personally. 

Can't wait for when people pull that traffic slider to 100% over LAX and then start posting topics on AVSIM titled "Low FPS! Why?!"

• Like 2

would be interesting they can pull in live road traffic data, and we can enjoy those spectacular traffic jams in real time from the air

• Like 2

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I'm hoping Microsoft develops a driving game that can interface with this game. That would be awesome.

If they can get this implemented then maybe we can get a boat simulator as well.

well, not exactly looking for traffic jams on major highways BUT just something more than a few vehicles (for example a setting of "19" in P3D traffic is very adequate) 🙂

WAT1460.png

I'm sure I've seen the menu option to change road traffic density in one of the many YouTube vids out there 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

It looks like the vehicle traffic is a work in progress....I definitely hope it gets better, but I realize that the sim won't be perfect at start.

I like XPs vehicle traffic (lighting the road at night etc). I hope that MSFS gets to that point.

But considering what we have thus far...I can wait for the vehicle traffic to get the level of attention as everything else in the sim.

• Like 1

Immersion for me has always been about the total package, you know...not the one or 2 big things you get in a game but the 20 or 30 little things that add up is what tends to make me want to invest my time into a title these days.

With that in mind I happen to get a big kick out of situations where I happen to be on final approach and shortly just before coming over the fence there's a major highway that I must pass low over and notice lots of trucks & cars zooming along it. Sometimes (if the highway looks realistic and is placed true to life and the vehicle models are pretty good (aka xp11) that adds the icing on the cake for me.

I love it, as it makes me feel that the world below me is swarming with life and not an empty/dead realm. I actually like the road traffic turned up and the air traffic turned down. Now that MSFS has improved the looks of roads & highways I'm really looking forward to turning on the ground traffic (hoping that it doesnt eat too many frames for me).

Edited by hangar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I've played with the traffic settings and in major cities there is plenty of traffic. The cool part about the traffic in FS2020 is you get traffic on inner streets away from major highways. The potential for a 3rd party developer to further enhance the traffic is there.

1 hour ago, FlyIce said:

would be interesting they can pull in live road traffic data, and we can enjoy those spectacular traffic jams in real time from the air

Spend almost 14 years fighting those.  Would love to instead see them from the air.  Funny story.  When we retired and moved to here is semi-rural eastern Maryland, we still had XM radio in our new car for a year.  On occasions, as we drove the 4 miles down a quiet two-lane road from the nearby four lane highway to our home development, we would tune in the XM Los Angeles/Orange County traffic station, look at each other, and just smile.  Was time to getaway....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Live air traffic is going to be cool when this sim is released 

Edited by joec63

Semper Fi 

Here is a screenshot of the traffic adjustment slider in the new sim 🤣

GyVowyz.jpg

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here