Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

Still Having issues and contacted MS hoping for a reply  (I have started a new Thread above)

I have tried all morning to get the Flight sim working, Following a number of youtube Videos making sure Windows is up to date and also that my PC is on the device list.

I then get the option on where to download to, C or F drive and the download begins  (C drive)

It only downloads 960mb within 3 minutes and then it tells me that i can now play the game.

I get press any button to start and than i get unable to play the game, Flight sim has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Windows will close the program and will notify you IF a solution is available   

no probs here. installed in four hours at an average of 12 MB per sec.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

Hopefully someone can help: I am stuck after opening the Sim and pressing any key. The Xbox Log in Appears and after Loging in it keeps telling me that it cannot sync to the cloud and only offers offline game. After that the search for updates keeps searching for ever.

What I tried so far: Reset MS Store, Reinstall Flight, Log in/out to Xbox live, Start as admin, Windows update

I have added a new SSD and RAM today - however that should not be a problem right?

Any help is welcome.
Gabriel

Can someone tell how how many GB they have when the play now button comes up, I have 980MB , So not sure if i am not getting the full download

9 hours, 45% downloaded on a 100mbps connection. Excruciating.

David Porrett

I've had major issues with the installation.  I never have these types of issues.

• Like 2

MS is not much use, Waste of time, I should have gone with Steam, Sent a bog standard email with a check list 

• Like 1

So the content manager crashed at 391MB left to download... Fired it up again and now it's stuck at "Please wait". How long does this take?

Absolutely not smooth here. In fact I'd call it an absolute disaster.

Troubleshooting for hours, stuck at 1% on core files.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

30 minutes ago, malct said:

MS is not much use, Waste of time, I should have gone with Steam, Sent a bog standard email with a check list 

Steam version is no better. Steam installs a 1GB installation then launches MSFS 2020 to download everything else, or so it says... instead for me it's stuck at 1% on the core files with no end in sight. Overnight resulted in no movement... complete disaster of a launch.

• Like 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

39 minutes ago, malct said:

Can someone tell how how many GB they have when the play now button comes up, I have 980MB , So not sure if i am not getting the full download

That sound like the pre-install folders look for WpSystem folder on your drive, when you find it start full install and point it to that folder and it should start the full install.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I started the installation and roughly 3 hours later, I flew a few flights. No problems at all with the MS store installation site. 

Wahoo.

It took 4 hours to update everything, lost a brand new nvme ssd to the Windows 2004 bug but who cares. It's actually downloading. Just past 4% so hoping she'll be finished for the morning. 

Edit: I take it back, downloading 5 gigs, crashed and have to start it again. 

Sigh.

Edited by AntillesFlyer

Brendon Isaac

1 hour ago, ASP Rao said:

I downloaded 95.15gb to external hard drive, could you suggest how to make it to my desktop D drive as I couldn't find any installer in the downloaded files of 95.15gb.  Thanks in advance 

Just physically copy/move the folder to your desktop D drive. You then need to find the config file in the Local State (?) directory so you can update the location. Sorry to be a bit vague but I don't currently have MFS installed to check location and filenames.

Why on earth didn't you just point to your D drive in the first place?

Give people power to really test their personality.