Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

My internet has been weird lately so it took forever, but I just started it at midnight and went to sleep. Was 95% done when I got up at 6 and as far as I can tell there weren't any hitches. Installed and working fine.

Not at all, blue bar loading bug, re-installed it on my C HD, downloaded it all, blue bar loading bug again after installing. Now I'm installing it all on my SSD, hope it works.

Edited by andrecarli737

imyj2f-5.png

Nope.  I kicked it off from Steam after midnight last night, that part went smooth as expected. Then it launched the MFS executable for the rest of the install process, and after acknowledging the dialogue boxes and license agreement, setting my preferences and specifying the nice shiny new F: drive I'd installed for MFS, I got the TBM 930 screen with the blue progress bar at about the 20% mark and.... it hung there for the next 5 hours while I slept.   No other indicators or dialogue boxes, and the thing was running full-screen with no other windows or advisories in the background available with ALT-TAB. 

After killing the process, checking firewall settings etc and and restarting, the Content Manager Dialogue showed up on the 4th try after "Checking for Updates" and finally advised that I didn't have enough space on my C drive (a little 250GB SSD for Windows System files) to install - even though I had specified it earlier to install to the nice new F: drive.  offensive initials not allowed.  So I made an equivalent Users\Appdata\blahblahblah folder on F:, pointed it there, and now we're off to the races.   

WHY this never showed up on the first 2 or 3 tries is beyond me, now I'm downloading in the middle of the day which is exactly what I wanted to avoid... the good part is that after 30 minutes it's 25% done, so it might go relatively quickly.  

Buddy on another forum also posted this, which is likely another way to fix the problem I had:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/how-to-change-install-directory-for-xbox-beta-app/04aeae3d-7a64-44c0-b615-7ae0a9540cd4

Hate to say it but as expected, the Steam part went great and trouble-free, but it was a minor segment of the install, while the MS component fell on its face.  Those MS boys have a thing or two to learn about installers it seems. 

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I had already read about the blue bar bug, so after it ostensibly started downloading but with just the blue bar, I hit Alt+F4 and restarted. After doing this twice, I got the white bar instead and it started downloading properly. Not a good first impression.

I have a 250Mb/s connection but the download speed is nowhere near that according to the task manager. The issue seems to be that it's downloading a lot of tiny files, which creates a huge amount of overhead compared to downloading the data in larger chunks.

Another annoyance is that it keeps playing music in the background when downloading, so you can't listen to something else while it's downloading. Fortunately you can mute Flight Simulator specifically under the Advanced system settings in Windows 10.

This sim probably needed to cook another 3 months in the oven, but hopefully things will work OK once the initial issues are solved.

Edited by AdvancedFollower
  • Like 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Mine went very smooth. No issues at all. I was up and running in about 2 hours. No ctd or any issues. Only problem I really had was setting up my controllers again. I thought they would have carried over from the beta 

So , I cannot get the installer to run and keeps crashing, stating a problem caused the program to stop ....   will notify me IF they find a solution 

Definitely far from a "smooth" installation. Had to quit the game 3 times until I got rid of the blue bar bug.

Official forums giving a 500 internal server error.

I agree with @AdvancedFollower, not a good first impression.

Edit: download speed improved as it went

Edited by evaamo

Enrique Vaamonde

Nope. It was all going smooth then somehow after I completed 70gb, my PC froze no idea why. Relaunched the luncher again and guess what, the famous "3.68gb" with "please wait" showed up. I had to remove the last files from the package folder and now I need to re-download 59gb. Let's see if it will go well this time. 

Honestly, I am not happy about the setup process, I think maybe many concurrent users have overwhelmed the servers. No idea though

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

All good here, I started the download on steam a few minutes after launch and let it run overnight.  Woke up to a completed download/install.  I am missing my premium deluxe content but I saw in another thread they’re away and it should be fixed soon.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ideally Microsoft should have given step by step download and install guidelines before the launch date for a hassle free installation since this is a very large file setup. I haven't seen such communication. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WestEnd said:

I got everything downloaded OK, but the game wont launch.

Makes me watch a lame movie for about a minute or 2. Then tells me to press any key to continue. Then tells me it is looking for updates. Halfway along the progress bar for that it just dissappears and nothing is showing in task manager. I've done it 3 times now, restarting my PC in between each time.

I know I need to upgrade my graphics card, but everything else is above spec afaik. I thought I would just need to run it on low settings until I get a new graphics card.

I see on a Google search, quite a few people has exactly the same issue. After you press any key to continuee, it looks for updates and shows you a few photos as it updates. At about 50% while it is showing the photo of a Cessna, it closes the program.

I am currently running all Windows updates including 2004. Hopefully that fixes things.

Calum Watt

Very kloogey install. I did everything I could to avoid buying it on Steam but in the end I wished I had. Got it installed but had to jump through a few hoops and had a few lockups in the process.

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

Absolutely smooth, just took me 9h with my word not allowed 30mbit connection.