Sign in to follow this  
hugow1

Downloads the same file again and again

Installation of file fs-base-0.1.61.fspackage.001 keeps restarting the download goes to 1.39 GB than it says "writing fs-base-0.1.61.fspackage.001 on disk and then it resets to 808 MB. This have been going on now for more than 10 times in a row. Does anyone know what this problem is and how to solve it?

I had similar problem last night, loading 1 file over and over again. Removed the installation and quit trying after 10 reinstall's/reboots. I Don't really know what causes this problem 😪

Mikael Leinonen

I appear to be stuck on asoboflight-tutorials-basicinstruments-0.1.22.fspackage. It goes from 33.37 MiB to about 66 MiB repeatledy. What a hunk of junk this downloader is, Microsoft get your house in order, otherwise I'll be getting a credit card chargeback!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Assuming you have enough space on the selected drive, and have tested the harddrive for errors, maybe try running as admin?

I don't have any of that UAC word not allowed on 😆 The disk is fine, there's over 178 GB free. Steam says I've been playing for 10 hours, I've not even got 10% downloaded yet on a 50 Megabit connection!

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I don't have any of that UAC word not allowed on 😆 The disk is fine, there's over 178 GB free. Steam says I've been playing for 10 hours, I've not even got 10% downloaded yet on a 50 Megabit connection!

Not going to go into it here, but turning UAC off is probably not the best idea. I actually think that most of the people who have experienced problems have 'tweaked' their windows installation in some way, either by disabling services, security measures, etc. I wonder if anyone has had problems with a vanilla Windows 10 install, logged into an MS account.

I'm doing a system restore after it quit at 33 GB of download and just won't do anything no matter what I try. I created a restore point before I started this whole word not allowed mess. I'm trying it one time after my PC is restored and then I'm asking for a refund. I don't need this word not allowed, I really don't.

2 minutes ago, goreckm said:

I wonder if anyone has had problems with a vanilla Windows 10 install, logged into an MS account.

I've installed on a brand spanking new computer with Win10 OS, so that's about as "vanilla" as they come. No problems with installation thus far.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

When the installation freezes (usually do to up and downs with the internet connection, do a speed test ever so often you'll see) I've had to reboot and go into the installation (point it to the correct folder) and it continues where it left off.  This thing is slow as dirt though, not a good way to get the software out.  Is a download size comparison FS is not Halo...  

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I've restarted steam and mfs client 3 times now, still stuck in the same bloody file 😡😡😡

support1.jpg

I am having the same problem 'Downloading fs-base-0.1.61.fspackage.002..." it seems to definitly fail to download for whatever reason, and then goes to 0% and tries to redownload again. This loops continues. I have done everything on this forum to try to get this resolved with no avail. Not sure what else i can do.

Complete system reboot, router reboot, sign out of and back in to Steam. Same result, stuck on same file with same behaviour, using 40 Mbps of my connection and getting nowhere. This is a complete shambles. I'm going out and I'm going to leave it for a bit - somehow it's managing to use 80% of my CPU and GPU for just downloading some files!

@goreckm There's no such thing as a vanilla Win10 install, you have device drivers on it for a kick off then almost immediately you load on some software, I don't see why having a clean installation should make any difference to just downloading a few files, even the launcher is bugged or the servers are pants. I especially don't see why tying it to your MS account would make things any better.

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

So I resorted to deleting and recreating the folder where I asked it to put the content (D:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages), which got it going again for all 2 minutes before it got stuck again on the same asoboflight-tutorials-basicinstruments-0.1.22.fspackage file. I have search my system for this file so I can delete it but I can't find it. Has anyone got a fix of this really frustrating issue, is there a cache fo some sort I can clear? At the moment I am getting Steam to verify the integrity of my launcher.

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

3 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

So I resorted to deleting and recreating the folder where I asked it to put the content (D:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages), which got it going again for all 2 minutes before it got stuck again on the same asoboflight-tutorials-basicinstruments-0.1.22.fspackage file. I have search my system for this file, and I can't find it. Has anyone got a fix of this really frustrating issue?

Hmm. Program Files usually has a weird permission structure. Maybe trying downloading it to folder in the root of your drive. Mine is E:\FSContent for example.