Sign in to follow this  

53 minutes ago, Blaze said:

To add insult to injury if you go to renew your subscription with Flight Control it renews from the end of your previous subscription not the date you renew. I let mine lapse because I wasn't sure if I was going to renew or not when I went to renew for a year I was only going to get an eighth month extension, that was enough for me to look elsewhere. It's a good program I liked it but their pricing is high and the subscription base renewal program was a deal breaker. Especially when the author/creator claimed you could continue to use the last version you had since "you paid for it" but nope...Welcome to Demo Mode; lost my trust and my support as a customer with that decision.

To be fair, the renewal is for 3yrs. (not 1yr) for the same price as the 1yr. initial purchase. Mine original purchase ended in 2019 so if I renewed I'd get essentially 2yrs. (3yrs for when it ended) for the same price as a new 1yr. purchase.

On a separate note. Little NavMap seems to be working pretty well for me and next I have to figure out how to display the map over to my tablet with the webserver. Once that's done I don't really see the need for paying for the update to FS-FlightControl.

• Like 1

James

The small tool VFRMAP works well on the same PC, @raller mentioned it works on a notebook or an Ipad on the same WiFi as well. No good to me as I'm looking to run it on an Android tablet. By any chance, does anyone know how to?

Thanks 

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

Navigraph moving map is working in 2020:

f5aR47k.jpg

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

1 hour ago, Micko said:

The small tool VFRMAP works well on the same PC, @raller mentioned it works on a notebook or an Ipad on the same WiFi as well. No good to me as I'm looking to run it on an Android tablet. By any chance, does anyone know how to?

Thanks 

Mick

The VfrMap program works beautifully. Still having problems with Plan-G on a network.

The VFRMap program opens a dos window, starts a server on the machine running MSFS, and connects to the sim. You access it on that machine by opening a browser page and typing https://127.0.0.1:9000.

To access it from a laptop on your network you open a browser on that machine and change the URL to the IP address of your sim computer. For me it was https://192.168.1.3:9000.

It should work on your android tablet the same way, as long as it is connected to your wi-fi network

Your firewall will probably try to block it. Depending on which one you have, you will have to give VfrMap.exe permission to access your network. That always is the hardest part.

19 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

The VfrMap program works beautifully. Still having problems with Plan-G on a network.

The VFRMap program opens a dos window, starts a server on the machine running MSFS, and connects to the sim. You access it on that machine by opening a browser page and typing https://127.0.0.1:9000.

To access it from a laptop on your network you open a browser on that machine and change the URL to the IP address of your sim computer. For me it was https://192.168.1.3:9000.

It should work on your android tablet the same way, as long as it is connected to your wi-fi network

Your firewall will probably try to block it. Depending on which one you have, you will have to give VfrMap.exe permission to access your network. That always is the hardest part.

Thanks for your advice, I'm going to give it a go. I didn't think of the firewall permission.

Take care

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

2 hours ago, Micko said:

Thanks 

Mick

Just open the browser on tablet(must be on the same network) , and paste http://(your sim IP or your sim computer name)/9000. That's it

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

Just done it, still doesn't work, guess I have to figure out how to exclude VFRMAP.EXE  from the firewall... Still working on it.

Thanks for all your advice and happy landings

Mick

Per network connections....  I have used a number of these apps over the past few years and settled in on Fltplan Go some time ago because it integrates so many more functions on it's screen.  Weather, Approach plate overlays, E6B functions, airport data, and the ability with the map to edit the route if you divert from the original plan or add or change an approach procedure.

One caveat with all of these.  Your phone or tablet, whatever device you use must be on the same network as the computer you are flying with.  AND, in my case that has at times meant that I disconnect my Ethernet cable to the flight sim computer and use a wifi connection.  Not always, some sometimes.  Even though it is still in essence the same network, either the computer or the app on the tablet don't shake hands when one is connected Ethernet and the other wifi.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 hours ago, Phantoms said:

To be fair, the renewal is for 3yrs. (not 1yr) for the same price as the 1yr. initial purchase. Mine original purchase ended in 2019 so if I renewed I'd get essentially 2yrs. (3yrs for when it ended) for the same price as a new 1yr. purchase.

Thanks for pointing that out, they must have changed their policy since which does make it a little more palatable but, doesn't forgive the fact that I have a fairly new 50 euro product that is now useless.  Moreover, renewal should be from the time you renew not the expiration of the last period why pay for dead/no use time? Under this practice if you wait long enough you'd end up paying for nothing and be right back in the same boat? They should also make it perfectly clear (maybe they have now) that this is subscription based software and not make false claims that you can continue to use the last version you had installed.

Anyway, it's a good program I liked it while I had access to it but potential buyers should be aware.

Edited by Blaze
punctuation
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RE Thomason Jr.

3 hours ago, Blaze said:

They should also make it perfectly clear (maybe they have now) that this is subscription based software and not make false claims that you can continue to use the last version you had installed.

My last version still works. You need to contact them if your's doesn't as they use IE and there were some secuirty updates in IE that stopped previous version from working.  contact them and they'll point you to a dl to fix that. However, compatibility will remain with what you had when your purchase period ran out. That most likely means it will not work with MSFS (as mine doesn't).

Here's the email they sent me back then (not including the files download info)

We just released a version of FS-FlightControl that should fix the license validation problem you are describing:

The reason was obviously a recent security policy change Microsoft is rolling out that prevents access to web servers using an older SSL certificate version. This new release now uses the latest SSL connection protocol which should work without any problems again.

Edited by Phantoms

James

Fltplan go works if you don't mind using an Ipad or Android to follow along..  The W10 app is dead as of 9/4/2020.

Edited by James Callan

7 hours ago, James Callan said:

Fltplan go works if you don't mind using an Ipad or Android to follow along..  The W10 app is dead as of 9/4/2020.

When it asks if I am using the Fltplan Go W10 app I just answer No.  Still working for me.  Are you still invoking the previous Simconnect?  I found I do not need to do that any longer.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I invested in a 10" tablet and very satisfied with Go, no need to log in, tracks sectionals, Victor/Hi can be a pain to set up but once it is it's a breeze to use. Now if only live weather would work properly.

B7F9oWm.jpg

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Skydeamon and Foreflight work well with MSFS.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home