Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 27th, 2020 - Development Update

43 minutes ago, McPlane said:

It appears that there are no new aircraft, I was hoping for some.

They should fix the ones they have included already first.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

So if anyone has done professional software development, there are teams assigned to specific parts of the game.  I recall Asobo mentioning they have a team dedicated to autopilot.  There is probably a team that is designated to X-box compatibility and X-box release.  So the X-box release of this game won’t impact continued development of autopilot, planes, weather, etc.

Having said that, they may have a general testing team.  If they have a general testing team, that team has been diverted to testing the installation fixes over the last week.  So it would explain why the other fixes aren’t ready for release yet- because they haven’t gone through strenuous  testing.  The other explanation is, Asobo doesn’t see the other fixes as high as a priority so perhaps they want to give more time to develop & test those fixes and get it right before they release the fix - in which case, they are right because installation fixes are the highest priority and they have to deploy the installation fixes ASAP.

TLDR: Fixes for other aspects of the game will come during the next 3 months.  But it will be done on a priority basis and the priority right now are people who can’t even install the game.

That’s fair, but they haven’t even acknowledged that weather is an issue yet. They could’ve at least said that it’s high on the list.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Aw. I like his furious responses in the edit notes whenever this happens.

I got in first. 😉 I’ll remember to include a furious response next time. 😁

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

They are going crazy in the official flightsim forum. You haven't seen nothing yet reading here. I think Microsoft need to improve their comms a bit. Set expectations.

Edited by sanh
  • Upvote 1

To all the weather fix people: I think getting people to the point they can even install the sim and load it is the most critical.  I cannot speak to the exact composition of the team or how they are doing it but I am fairly confident they were not just sitting in their chairs for the past 9 days spinning in circles and throwing darts.  Seems ludicrous that people are unable to comprehend the basic facts of prioritization.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, McPlane said:

Going nutz waiting for the patch. It appears that there are no new aircraft, I was hoping for some.

I would not be expecting any new aircraft anytime soon. My guess is the next aircraft we'll see in the sim will be helicopters and gliders. My random estimation I pulled out of nowhere but just a general overview of where they're at, helicopter update holiday 2020 (at the earliest), glider update next summer. 

But don't worry, in that time, there will be plenty of 3rd party aircraft available for download, some for free, some for ridiculously large prices.

The last resort is to go to change.org and sign petition for live weather fix before patch if finalized! 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

10 minutes ago, eaim said:

That's a poor excuse, they chose to release in August not us.

The way it looks to me they didn't choose. Microsoft choose for them.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I'd also like my tail number, call sign and flight number to be able to be set as the default as soon as the sim is fired up, instead of having to enter it each time.

Should be simple fixes, I'd imagine.

You can do all this yourself in a few seconds. I've been through the megapack release of A320s and assigned real-world call-signs, tail registrations, flight numbers and also sorted them all into alphabetical order so that they're all easy to find in the Liveries section, in lieu of a search function. Just change the values in each aircraft.cfg file for your aircraft and save them. Then they'll be set for each flight you do. Simples...🙂

• Like 3

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

This was a very disapointing patch. 

Nothing about the geometry of various rivers, lakes, normal terrain that should be flat is full of hills. 

Almost useless patch for us who has a working sim full of bugs. 

Only adressed the install.

2 minutes ago, Shug said:

Just change the values in each aircraft.cfg file for your aircraft and save them. Then they'll be set for each flight you do. Simples...🙂

i doubt anyone in 2020 know about manual editing anymore, unless you were born before the '90 😂

automatic is teh word

1 minute ago, mullvaden83 said:

This was a very disapointing patch. 

Nothing about the geometry of various rivers, lakes, normal terrain that should be flat is full of hills. 

Almost useless patch for us who has a working sim full of bugs. 

Only adressed the install.

They already mentioned that terrain and geometry fixes would happen with world updates every 2-3 months, so, I would not be expecting anything regarding terrain fixes until November at the earliest. 

Edited by goreckm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pjs37 said:

To all the weather fix people: I think getting people to the point they can even install the sim and load it is the most critical.  I cannot speak to the exact composition of the team or how they are doing it but I am fairly confident they were not just sitting in their chairs for the past 9 days spinning in circles and throwing darts.  Seems ludicrous that people are unable to comprehend the basic facts of prioritization.

Yes, obviously fixing the install bugs is most important. Obviously their software teams are working hard. I don't doubt the scope of the difficulty involved fixing these bugs. Most rational people I've read here and the official forums are on the same page.

However, it's not really that much of an understatement to say half of the entire world isn't getting real weather. That seems like a critical bug to me. They won't acknowledge it. We'll more than likely go well over a month with this bug as it stands. That's absurd

Manual Cache not adressed!!!!

It´s a main feature of Flight Simulator 2020 and It´s BROKEN!

This sucks!

Just now, ba747heavy said:

Yes, obviously fixing the install bugs is most important. Obviously their software teams are working hard. I don't doubt the scope of the difficulty involved fixing these bugs. Most rational people I've read here and the official forums are on the same page.

However, it's not really that much of an understatement to say half of the entire world isn't getting real weather. That seems like a critical bug to me. They won't acknowledge it. We'll more than likely go well over a month with this bug as it stands. That's absurd

I wonder if it's possible for them to fix that bug on the azure side, and wouldn't need a client fix. Hence the not mentioning it. Just a guess, of course.

• Like 2