Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

August 27th, 2020 - Development Update

46 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

We need to send Asobo developers pizzas with fortune cookie in the box. Inside each fortune cookie little slip with description of a bug! 🙂

I'm pretty sure game studios all have a standing policy of never eating food provided by enthusiast forums.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Anyone read or speak French ? Could just order them some take out ?  

https://restolescancres.fr      🙂

Bordeaux France has a lot of take out pizza

Edited by SirDan

8 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

I'm pretty sure game studios all have a standing policy of never eating food provided by enthusiast forums.

We need one forum volunteer  in France who will eat one slice before giving to developers!

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Well at least we get simconnect without stutters !

But a long imported flight plan brings them right back. 

Eric 

4 hours ago, SirDan said:

They not toxic just old and grumpy 😛

And been screwed before ,by MS...................

• Upvote 3

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Oh come on MS screwing people over is nothing new, I didn't buy shares into MS but boy I should have....

• Like 1

Maybe I'm having too much fun actually flying the sim to really notice some of the issues others are experiencing, but all in all for me it's been a very successful launch. It sure ain't perfect but I'm over the moon that they're fixing the launcher as the number one priority, because if I ever need to do a clean install again I don't want to have to fight it again. Besides if it doesn't launch properly all of the fixes everyone is wanting are being built on an unstable platform which benefits no one.

Who cares if one area isn't perfect I have a world to explore!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Brendon Isaac

I feel for people who had genuine install problems (I suspect Microsoft pushed Asobo a bit too hard to release), but some of the toxicity is really over the top.

I'm running FS2020 on a gaming laptop, and it's beautiful. 

Sure, it's not 100 percent perfect and there's some odd stuff here and there, but for a V1.0 it's pretty amazing.   Loading FSX/P3D is painful after seeing FS2020.

Just imagine what FS2020 will be like in 6 months to a year when all the little stuff is sorted out.

And for some historical context, the release has gone vastly better than the FSX release way back when.  

I remember at the time I think the poor FSX developers had to go into hiding due to all the abuse they got.

Some of them probably have lingering PTSD issues...

Yet, FSX turned out to be a brilliant sim in end.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, byork said:

but some of the toxicity is really over the top.

You have to hold vendors feet to the fire,when they charge $$$ for product,not delivered.

• Like 2

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

20 minutes ago, byork said:

some of the toxicity is really over the top.

We should thank them for posting the way they do.  It makes it a lot easier to decide who to put on ignore. 😄 

I'm still flying and still loving it.  The magic is still there.

Hook

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

as long as we can also hold posters' feet to the fire when they post nonsense without basis in fact.  sounds fair doesn't it?

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

It IS stated very early in the text that an updated roadmap is forthcoming shortly

and development roadmap, which we hope to release within the next few weeks!

Not exactly my definition of shortly ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

6 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Simconnect fix is great, but where is the LIVE WEATHER FIX? They haven’t even acknowledged that it’s an issue, and it’s the largest issue of all.

I think the most pressing thing at the moment is ensuring a trouble-free installation and update process. 

• Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

While there might be one or two issues that I had hoped to see adressed in the first patch I fully understand the prioritisation applied. Surely, we can all agree that enabling everyone who has bought MSFS to actually install and play it should come first, right?

Very happy to see that the simconnect issue has been adressed.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models