Sign in to follow this  
LarryD

MSFS2020 should have been delayed????????

I see this comment, or similar comments all around this forum, on how this product was put out to soon, was rushed, etc, etc, etc. 

Um.....I don't think so.

It's my understanding that alpha and beta testers were invited in, but, once the game was released, they still had to purchase it like the rest of us.  Therefore, they got to play with the early versions of the sim for free before putting out the cash.  They dealt with all of the bugs and problems while the rest of us drooled at the youtube video's wishing we could get in on the action.  In the meantime, we still had our old sim, be it Xplane, FSX, P3D or whatever.  And by the way....we STILL HAVE IT.  It's not like we had to give up our old favorite sim to try MSFS2020.

So now it's released at we all get our crack at it.  Yea, we had to pay to play, and we decided the amount we paid based on the version, anywhere from $5 (gamepass) to $120 USD (Deluxe).

So what if some of it doesn't work the way you expected.  Seriously, so what!

Every restaurant meal isn't exactly as expected, the plane ticket one paid hundreds of dollars for doesn't always leave on time as planned, the weather guy said today would be 78 and it's only 75 and can you believe there are clouds when the forecast said sunny???, (and he has a masters degree in meteorology), my riding lawn mowers mulching blade left some clumps, and my bike breaks squeak every time I ride it.

Anyway,  THANK YOU Microsoft for releasing the game when you did.  I now get a chance to fly it, enjoy the things that work well, avoid and report those that don't so you can make it better.  I was going to pay $60 dollars one way or the other.  I'm thankful you let me pay it now and start having fun, rather than wait another 6 months for the "right time". 

Again, Thank You!

Edited by LarryD
spelling
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 3

I agree with your comments. I have a low end system, yes I get a warning on startup that my system does not meet minimum standards. I still find MSFS amazing compared to the effort (and dollars) I had to put into FSX and do not get the visual enjoyment that I get from MSFS.I do have problems (CTD, startup, autopilot, etc) but I expect that with my system and the first release of MSFS. Over time I am sure most of the issues will be resolved. I am enjoying it in spite of problems. MS thanks for the release at this time.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Lon... did you read his post? 🙂 

I was in the Alpha/Beta.  I held off buying for a couple of days to see what the release version would be like.  I don't think anyone in the Beta thought it was ready for release.

In the end, given the response from the non-simmer crowd, I think they probably made the right decision to release it when they did.  I'm glad people are getting a chance to experience the magic that MSFS can be flying GA aircraft.  Eventually the airliner people should be happy too.  Maybe.  🙂 

If I flew airliners exclusively, I'd be sticking with P3D.  Maybe for six months, maybe for a year, maybe forever. 

I'm hoping the next version of P3D offers streaming scenery now that MSFS has shown us that it's possible.  If that happens, you'll find me on the P3D forums. 😄 

In the mean time I'm re-flying the Cannibal Queen route for the third time and really enjoying it.  Much better than FSX, P3Dv2 and P3Dv4 (where I did a partial flight).

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Some people say MSFS was released too early, and has too many bugs.  Other disagree.

Either way, you cannot blame Alpha testers for doing their job, they only report bugs in forums.  They have no say when MSFS is released!!

Greazer.

• Like 1

yes. it is not ready at all. i believe on it and i'll buy it, but now it is not ready. it is very far to be a simulator.

• Like 1

I was also an Alpha/Beta tester, and I preordered it the second it became available! We all know/should know that the bugs will be ironed out in due time, and there really was no reason not to release it. As LHookins says, now everyone can experience it first hand...

Russ

• Like 2

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

It really goes to show that you can't please everyone all the time.

When the alpha was announced many were <using your best Gollum voice> "I wants in!! Let me in! Please lets me tests it for you!!!"

Then the beta was announced and even more were "Oh please, lets me in, I tests it good for you!!!"

Then the pre-order happened and those that pre-ordered were "I just pre-ordered, surely I can tests it now for you now, right?!?! Please!!!"

It finally gets released (earlier than many expected) and hours later many were "Oh why oh why dids you released it!?! It's so broked!! What's going on, this should have been released to us so much later!!!"

Personally, I'm very happy to have my hands on it and I'm having a blast with it warts and all. I'm running it on a potato with medium/low settings and look forward to all the coming updates - and a faster rig to run it 🙂 To those finding bugs, welcome to the test team, please submit tickets to zendesk. To those who can't stand it, either get a refund or come back in a few months when more fixes are in. To those simply offering constructive criticism, have at it, these forums are apparently being read by the development team.

• Like 2

Should have, could have... It is what it is! Time to move on with what we have.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Should have, could have... It is what it is! Time to move on with what we have.

Absolutely true, because what would it change? We would have to wait either way. But now we can all join the Beta! 😄

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Thank you for releasing this game MS.

Regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Hello all,

I firmly believe that this debate, whilst quite interesting at times, is really quite pointless.  What is relevant is the alleged promises to fix and when the fixes occur. More importantly still, is how far away are the 3PD aircraft.

The only thing really wrong with this sim, at the moment, is the lack of addon aircraft of qood quality and the only thing wrong with P3D is the lack of streaming scenery. With those aspects implimented in both sims, can you imagine the number of emails to the big Guy up above, requesting a few extra hours in the day.  I am a retired pensioner and I will be among the first to fire off the that email.

Unimaginable prospects for the future guys.

Tony

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Software is nearly always released with known bugs that are classified as non-release-blockers, or with missing functionality that was deemed acceptable and not overly hindering useability. Holding software back over such things can be counter-productive because getting the product out there for user feedback is an important part of the process. You only get so much out of alpha and beta test.

I've only done a few flights and I'm a bit surprised at the number of bugs and issues I have found in that short time, but I can still use and enjoy the product and the issues will be fixed eventually I hope, or I'll find workarounds. Overall it's about what I'd expect for an initial release and we're now on a much improved and modernized technology base so there's loads of potential.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

Is anyone else starting to feel like threads that exist only to argue about whether or not the game was ready for release (or if everyone at Asobo and Microsoft needs to be taken to The Hague for 225@3) should be subject to an auto-lock?   There's plenty to talk about in terms of specific problems and fixes, but I think the general argument has been done to death already.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Every one is happy now then we all paid Beta testers.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg