Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

25 minutes ago, Downed_Aviator said:

In my case it's the MS version from Windows Store.

Good luck with that - cost me another 120$ but dont have to deal with MS version - Steam version has been solid for me 

• Like 2

Rich Sennett

11 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

What's annoying SmokeDiddy, is that so many people are reporting this on the various forums including the official FS board but complete silence from the devs either Asobo or MS. Not even made it on the "known issues" list yet, that I can see.

With the bugs being reported by those who *have* got the patch or reinstall complete, have to agree - this "new" game is not in a good state of health. Fears of it going the same way as Flight or DTG's Flight Sim World may not be as unfounded as some might have you believe.

Yes, there are many frustrated on both forums.  I've seen a pattern of silence with MS Flight and FSW and those two titles didn't end well.  We hold out hope that the current title doesn't suffer the same fate.  I truly believe MSFS2020 has the following to push it over the current technical bumps, but a little recognition of these major download issues would be nice.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

5 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Good luck with that - cost me another 120$ but dont have to deal with MS version - Steam version has been solid for me 

Same here. Bought the Steam version after staggering installation issues with the MS Store. The Steam version installed and works flawlessly so far.

Applied for and got a refund from MS. Lesson learned.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Only issue with the Steam version is that the core files still have to be downloaded from the Asobo server. That denies the usual Steam ability to just fix the files that are damaged or missing just triggers this 'orrible complete re-download. Also means while FS is repairing itself you can't do anything else Steam based on that computer or with your account on any other computer.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, pmb said:

Same here. Bought the Steam version after staggering installation issues with the MS Store. The Steam version installed and works flawlessly so far.

Applied for and got a refund from MS. Lesson learned.

Kind regards, Michael

Refund your lucky my friend crickets here - that was 4 weeks ago they said they would get back to me in 5 days lol

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

8 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Refund your lucky my friend crickets here - that was 4 weeks ago they said they would get back to me in 5 days lol

They were lazy, too. Until I got PayPal acting, then they were quick.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just now, Rob_Ainscough said:

I’ll never understand the rush to get MSFS out the door on August 18th?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes it was VERY frustrating being in the Tech Alpha early (first run) and get on the Developer SDK early only to put considerable effort into pointing out problem with very little to No acknowledgement from Asobo/MS.

The real process of feedback with specific dev shops was all done privately to a select few.  Which I don’t have a problem with, BUT be upfront about it and don’t waste my time.

The result was I kept testing MSFS, but stopped reporting issues. 

I bailed out of the Tech Alpha about halfway through, after posting a number of issues, some of them critical. After getting very little feedback from Asobo there didn't seem much point after a while. 

To be fair, I think we did manage to get a few things changed or added to the sim based on Alpha feedback, like cockpit views saved for each aircraft. I don't think that was on the original roadmap. Mostly though, it felt like Alpha tester issues were ignored, or else logged and Asobo never managed to fix them before release. 

During the entire Tech Alpha PR stunt (yes it absolutely was a PR stunt), Asobo/MS seemed more interested in the control of information rather than the content of information and how to address issues.

It was also a way to generate fancy screenshots for promotional purposes at zero cost, plus free Internet buzz. 🙂

I don't blame them for that, it was a smart PR move. And it did give at least a select group an early look at the sim.

And now all the issues being reported and it’s a big disappointment how the release has been managed, it could have been done better, much better.  I’ll never understand the rush to get MSFS out the door on August 18th?

I'll never understand why they didn't make it a paid Early Access release, which would have defused a lot of the complaints on the current state of the sim. Maybe MS just doesn't have the mechanics in place for that kind of release. Have they ever done an EA release for any of their other games?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Perhaps other people have had wildly varying experiences, but so far, I have never seen an alpha that did not in the end sideline, at least temporarily (until some nebulous later) outstanding issues from the testers and launch.

It seems a fact of life.

As for setup issues, sure, I had them during the alpha not the beta, and they seemed to be fixed.

And got broken again.

As I said in another place, stuff happens. They prioritized a fix, which seems to have mostly worked, and now there are new problems and I assume they are hard at work on those. Perhaps we'll hear something, maybe in their usual Wednesday/Thursday communications.

Meanwhile, its not hard to find posts on the FS forums from mods making various suggestions on fixing some issues.....

Make no mistake, I'm not saying they are blameless.

But I don't think the issues thus far are hair-on-fire events.

At least not yet.

Especially as so far I have only spent a dollar on the thing!! (actually I paid for deluxe premium, but when I found out it only allowed me access as long as I had game pass, I asked for a refund which they granted, and as an apology gave me the deluxe premium anyway)

• Like 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

All I know is this process is gonna cause me to pre-medicate each morning and drink brown liquor!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

19 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not sure about this. I rather think it's been the Xbox X release date being set.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Especially as so far I have only spent a dollar on the thing!! (actually I paid for deluxe premium, but when I found out it only allowed me access as long as I had game pass, I asked for a refund which they granted, and as an apology gave me the deluxe premium anyway)

What do you mean by this? You dont need the gamepass to play the game you purchase (ie premium deluxe). 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

Not sure about this. I rather think it's been the Xbox X release date being set.

Kind regards, Michael

I also try to keep in mind that Asobo apparently lost serious time due to Covid (and informed us of that) which seems to have thrown their schedule for a serious loop.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

What do you mean by this? You dont need the gamepass to play the game you purchase (ie premium deluxe).

I purchased at the $90 dollar price.

It was explained to me by others that this actually only buys credits, applied to your use of Premium deluxe, as long as you remain a member of Game pass.

Customer service generally confirmed this, and I was not a happy camper.

Devons rig