Sign in to follow this  
Gilandred

New Aircraft M20R Released

1 hour ago, Hyppe said:

I have the Steam version and .fsarchives here.

Cool, thanks.  (Well, not "cool", but you know what I mean. 😄 )

46 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Maybe I’m missing something here but if I buy an add on I would expect the official developer to make any fixes not some random joe off the internet???

In an ideal world, yes.  But this world is not ideal, and flight sim community has a years-long culture of community fixes and enhancements to planes.   In some ways this new game is great for that, the code for the default gauges and such is much more accessible to anyone with some basic knowledge*,    But in others, like this... it's not so great. 

(* Although in concept easy to work with, a lot of the exposed code is a bit of a mess, and as more and more mods are added there are absolutely going to be conflicts introduced.   At Working Title we are trying to keep this in mind and have had recent discussions about the best way to structure our work so we make the minimum necessary changes to stock files and encapsulate as much of our code as possible in add-on logic.   But we have the good fortune of having a number of experienced professional developers on the team, not everyone is going to be so blessed.  Hopefully knowledge sharing will help there.)

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

We need an RXP GTN/GNS SOOOOOOOOO badly in this sim.

Yes, yes, yes!  I attempted a flight in the M20 from KLUK in Cincinnati to KBKF in Cleveland, mirroring the flight I completed yesterday in FSX SE in the Milviz B55 with GNS.  Oh my.  No comparison.  The MFS GNS would not load the approach correctly.  Loaded only the FAF, which would have required a 230° descending turn.  Tried to manually insert the IAF and it entered it at the head of the flight plan, before the departure airport.  I was over halfway to Cleveland.  Tried again and it did the same thing.  Now listed twice at the head of the flight plan.  Did a D→ to the IAF and it extinguished the flight plan.  Screwed with it some more and got a CTD for my trouble.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Yes, yes, yes!  I attempted a flight in the M20 from KLUK in Cincinnati to KBKF in Cleveland, mirroring the flight I completed yesterday in FSX SE in the Milviz B55 with GNS.  Oh my.  No comparison.  The MFS GNS would not load the approach correctly.  Loaded only the FAF, which required a 230° turn.  Tried to manually insert the IAF and it entered it at the head of the flight plan, before the departure airport.  I was over halfway to Cleveland.  Tried again and it did the same thing.  Now listed twice at the head of the flight plan.  Did a D→ to the IAF and it extinguished the flight plan.  Screwed with it some more and got a CTD for my trouble.

The default Garmin systems are so screwed up.  Sometimes it mostly works, sometimes it doesn't work at all.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

22 hours ago, Hyppe said:

So, went and bought it. Some issues so far after first flight:

- Engine sound keeps 'popping'. It's like when the sound loops. Gets bit annoying after a while.

- The 'not following NAV properly' swaying

- The views. What were they thinking, when binding the look left and right to non-default views (L wing fuel gauge(?) and back)? Makes no sense at all. For those who know better, can this be fixed in CAMERAS.CFG?

- All the turnable knobs are stupidly sensitive. It's impossible to set anything by one step. Even slightest tap on the mouse button changes the setting 2-4 steps.

Luckily I have avoided the avionics power bug (in default planes also), so no problems there. I had some issues with vor navigation, but I'll put that on myself for not knowing the plane well enough.

Engine sound keeps 'popping'. It's like when the sound loops. Gets bit annoying after a while.

Is your video card overclocked? I noticed the sounds popping whenever I tried to overclock my 1080.Restart the computer with no overclock and all is well, in my case.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

10 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Cool, thanks.  (Well, not "cool", but you know what I mean. 😄 )

In an ideal world, yes.  But this world is not ideal, and flight sim community has a years-long culture of community fixes and enhancements to planes.   In some ways this new game is great for that, the code for the default gauges and such is much more accessible to anyone with some basic knowledge*,    But in others, like this... it's not so great. 

(* Although in concept easy to work with, a lot of the exposed code is a bit of a mess, and as more and more mods are added there are absolutely going to be conflicts introduced.   At Working Title we are trying to keep this in mind and have had recent discussions about the best way to structure our work so we make the minimum necessary changes to stock files and encapsulate as much of our code as possible in add-on logic.   But we have the good fortune of having a number of experienced professional developers on the team, not everyone is going to be so blessed.  Hopefully knowledge sharing will help there.)

Long culture of fixing broken planes when the developer has shut up shop yes, not a brand new sim when the developer should be very much active.  I think the mods to the default aircraft of MSFS fall outside this rule personally.

Thomas Derbyshire

On 9/20/2020 at 8:20 AM, clements said:

The plane does not automatically display the squawk code in the transponder but ATC seems to recognize the code it assigned to you. 

23 hours ago, Sartori23 said:

Anyone else's transponder not working right? When I manually change the code, it isn't picked up by the ATC, and if I do it automatically from the ATC panel, it doesn't change on the transponder.

I just wanted to chime in with some transponder info I discovered. I am using the Logitech Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel and noticed this behavior:

The Mooney transponder in the dash is only for show. It does not represent the FS internal transponder code nor the FS internal transponder setting.
I can change the transponder setting and code on my flight panel and the changes do not reflect on the dashboard. However ATC properly recognizes the transponder code and setting from the panel.
I remember the Alabeo Mooney for P3D had the same issue, so I bet all the backend of this model is the same as what they sold for P3D/FSX.

In that regard I noticed something in favor of MSFS and that is that ATC now properly recognizes a turned off or standby transponder. ATC now complains if it there is no signal. I could be wrong, it's been a while, but I believe in P3D/FSX the transponder setting didn't matter, only the code.

In any case, I'm just turning off the transponder in the dash now and use the panel transponder only.

Edited by Matthias1231
typo

Matthias - KCOS
         Sim: P3D 4.5, UTX V2, ORBX Base openLC NA EU, ASP3D, TOGA, RealityXP, SPAD.neXt, Carenado GA
          PC: i9-11900k, RTX 3090, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E
Home Cockpit: Honeycomb AFC, Thrustmaster T.Flight, RealSimGear GNS530, Logitech FIP FMP FRP FSP FTQ*2, 3x55" 4K TVs (View), 26" 21:9 (Gauges)

21 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

Engine sound keeps 'popping'. It's like when the sound loops. Gets bit annoying after a while.

Is your video card overclocked? I noticed the sounds popping whenever I tried to overclock my 1080.Restart the computer with no overclock and all is well, in my case.

Nope, nothing is overclocked. i9-10900K + 1080TI. I wonder if GFX is getting bit too hot maybe. Are you using the graphic cards integrated sound output (via HDMI/DP)? Using the motherboard digital output here (Realtek).

Edited by Hyppe
Added info

23 hours ago, Sartori23 said:

Anyone else's transponder not working right? When I manually change the code, it isn't picked up by the ATC, and if I do it automatically from the ATC panel, it doesn't change on the transponder.

13 minutes ago, Matthias1231 said:

I just wanted to chime in with some transponder info I discovered. I am using the Logitech Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel and noticed this behavior:

The Mooney transponder in the dash is only for show. It does not represent the FS internal transponder code nor the FS internal transponder setting.

Transponder code not being picked up from user input in the panel is a known MSFS problem since long ago.
Not only in the Carenado M20R, also happens in the CJ4, and maybe others.
Something like the user var not being set to the simulator var. In FSX/P3D it was XPNDR_SET (BCD)

Edited by RamonB

27 minutes ago, Matthias1231 said:

I remember the Alabeo Mooney for P3D had the same issue, so I bet all the backend of this model is the same as what they sold for P3D/FSX.

Here in lies the fundamental issue.  With the exception of the required coding to move their products to the new platform, get it on the sales page and start raking in the dough...this company continues to follow its pattern of neglect for issues identified, because despite any negative press they may get from dedicated simmers who know the difference between a 7600 and 7700 transponder code (without Googling it, LOL) has about the same effect (or affect...not going to figure which one) to an ocean as a drop of sweat from their systems coding guru in that ocean (Atlantic or Pacific, your choice).

Their solitary focus is to make money as cheaply as possible and with as little effort as possible.  Not that this shouldn't be one goal of a dev, but good night....have some pride in your work!  Yes, I understand they fix some issues....but not nearly as many as they should given the huge increase in revenue stream they've gotten with this release....which would led a person to believe they'd reinvest some of that back into the company to help out the poor system coder(s)?  I mean...you cant tell me they are proud of their work when these issues keep moving forward from release to release, and when guys like the great ones in this thread can go into the code and figure out how to fix it (well maybe we can if we can unlock it).

Anyway...dead horse I know.  Just irks the KRAP outta' me that this continues...and the only way everyone agrees it'll stop is if we can somehow unilaterally get every single potential customer from this point forward to stop buying anything from them until they respond to the community's pleas to fix their stuff (I know...fantasy that will never happen....their stuff looks too pretty).

At least it's easy enough to change the colors of the plane with a little fiddling (yeah.....eye candy stuff...the stuff that sells!) 🤣

6lMrtK.jpg

Hehe...shoulda read all the posts about transponders before posting...never knew it was an MS issue.  OK...substitute the transponder issue with the NAV zigzag issue that "Seems" to be unique to this dev's one plane (Don't have the 182 so don't know about that one)....same complaint to the dev. 🙂

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Well yes, eye candy does sell because people like me just want t enjoy the beauty of the aircraft and scenery sometimes, because I long for a light aircraft of my own but will never be able to afford one. 🙁

So I want a simple approximation that is accurate enough to be enjoyable and immersive. 

Some of the latest youtube videos are 60% people doing pre-flights and pressing buttons (FMC) etc.  Critical in a real aircraft I know, but it turns it into a button pressing simulation.  Some people get off on that I know. 🙂

Me?  I just likes looking at aircraft - real or modelled - 'Look at the dihedral on that! - PHWARRR! 🤣

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Me?  I just likes looking at aircraft - real or modelled - 'Look at the dihedral on that! - PHWARRR!

Hehe...he said dihedral. 🙂  How about some Anhedral?  Love that on some planes like military aircraft, Av8, F-4, ect.  And we can't forget Polyhedral. 🙂

Or even on the DA62's tail feathers...

bgXfPM.jpg

Yep...most of us here....looking at planes....just looking at and admiring them, is a hobby all in itself. 🙂

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

20 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I mean...you cant tell me they are proud of their work when these issues keep moving forward from release to release, and when guys like the great ones in this thread can go into the code and figure out how to fix it (well maybe we can if we can unlock it).

Hehe...shoulda read all the posts about transponders before posting...never knew it was an MS issue.  OK...substitute the transponder issue with the NAV zigzag issue that "Seems" to be unique to this dev's one plane (Don't have the 182 so don't know about that one)....same complaint to the dev. 🙂

I've always wondered about this with Carenado, they put so much effort in many details and totally neglect others. It makes me wonder if it's not like they don't want to fix it but there is some big obstacle they can't overcome to make it work.

I also didn't know this was a MS issue. I've been using the dashboard transponder in P3D in most planes and don't think I had that issue that much. I made it a habit a long time ago to not use the ATC window to dial in code and frequencies but do it manually.

Matthias - KCOS
         Sim: P3D 4.5, UTX V2, ORBX Base openLC NA EU, ASP3D, TOGA, RealityXP, SPAD.neXt, Carenado GA
          PC: i9-11900k, RTX 3090, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E
Home Cockpit: Honeycomb AFC, Thrustmaster T.Flight, RealSimGear GNS530, Logitech FIP FMP FRP FSP FTQ*2, 3x55" 4K TVs (View), 26" 21:9 (Gauges)

3 minutes ago, Matthias1231 said:

I made it a habit a long time ago to not use the ATC window to dial in code and frequencies but do it manually.

+1 here

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

55 minutes ago, Hyppe said:

Nope, nothing is overclocked. i9-10900K + 1080TI. I wonder if GFX is getting bit too hot maybe. Are you using the graphic cards integrated sound output (via HDMI/DP)? Using the motherboard digital output here (Realtek).

I use a separate sound card all together. soundblaster. Yup Soundblaster lol. I guess that is where my issues could be, Never thought about that. But it's funny that I get that loop sound whenever I try overclocking my 1080.

Edited by Daytona125

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

16 minutes ago, Matthias1231 said:

I've always wondered about this with Carenado, they put so much effort in many details and totally neglect others. It makes me wonder if it's not like they don't want to fix it but there is some big obstacle they can't overcome to make it work.

Yeah....in the back of my mind I've wondered as well...but hard for me to accept they can't fix it when us mortals who buy the plane, see issues, peek into the code (when we can) and say...ahhh.....change this from a 0 to a 1 and I bet that fixes it....AND IT DOES!   Only so much leeway I'm going to afford a payware dev that I've financially supported who wants to pull the "you can't do it" card...only to be proven wrong by us. 🙂 

And if the dev had a dedicated forum that they participated in with responses....good or bad, that would go a looooong way to quelling the angry "hardcore simmer's" mob that wants to hang them from the yard arm. 🤣   But to this date, I have yet to see an official reply from them regarding the many issues we ask about (maybe I haven't looked hard enough....anyone ever see them reply here or on their forums?)

Anyway....I'm going to enjoy my Carenado purchases for what they are....not what I wish them to be...and wait for A2A/Milviz to jump in the MSFS sandbox for a plane that I can confidently fly as close to the real thing as you can get in a flightsim.

Those sure are pretty opening doors! 🙄

zRFSRd.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg