Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

The Tide of Progress is Unstoppable

25 minutes ago, wainwj said:

Update rumoured for tomorrow.

Where does one obtain these rumours?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

Two updates that broke more things than were fixed.

So you knew there were two updates? Why did you talk nonsense, then?

For me it broke the sensitivity settings, but performance got much better. I experienced no other issues.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Where does one obtain these rumours?

Discussions amongst users on the official channels. Official Forum and Discord.

Amongst the noise, a few gems seem to know what they are talking about.

• Like 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

We need to be patient. This sim probably needs another year. But i am enjoying it today. I thought of going back to XP or P3D but now that i have seen the future it is really hard. Using the time to improve my knowledge and hopefully upgrade my pc. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

25 minutes ago, Marco Manieri said:

... for you and some other.

For me and some other ones it improved more than what it broke ...

Not for him, he does not even own it. Just jumps into topics when he can to put the sim down.

Shame he is normally a nice guy.

As for the "other guys" in this topic, why do you feed him? 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 8

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I keep repeating myself here:  What exactly were the Beta and Alpha volunteers meant for over the year of pre-testing?  In any company's software world the answer would be:  Primarily to report report back bugs, problems, and anomalies (that need to be corrected).  Moreover, why exactly were the strict NDA rules imposed upon them for?  

Were they all just used for a MS hype campaign?  

Just now, overspeed3 said:

I keep repeating myself here:  What exactly were the Beta and Alpha volunteers meant for over the year of pre-testing?  In any company's software world the answer would be:  Primarily to report report back bugs, problems, and anomalies (that need to be corrected).  Moreover, why exactly were the strict NDA rules imposed upon them for?  

Were they all just used for a MS hype campaign?  

I wasn't a tester but I'm in friend circles with testers and they confirmed that issues were constantly reported on the forums but were not always addressed by the developer.

As discussed to death at the time; NDA's are standard industry procedure for unfinished projects across every sector in business whether that be a proposed business plan to a movie script. You do not let outsiders into your unfinished product or idea without having them sign something first.

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Since I view all of this as a hobby, I don't have a problem indulging in as many sims as I can have on my pc. As with power tools or any other activity that assumes pleasure and interest first and  business as second, the new sim for me is an extension of my hobby. I am not doing it because my business requires precise tools; rather, I am doing it because it's fun.

So depending on my mood, each sim offers value. This sim is currently giving me a chance t o enjoy landscapes never seen before. And to this end, I can see the day when bush flying in some of these exotic places will be fun again.

The argument between hard core and soft core sim is weak, now that we have more than one sim. No one is forcing anyone to abandon one sim for another. Why is it that people forget that Asobo is only one month old while the other sims decades old?

Let's all enjoy this wonderful( have you seen what golf clubs and membership cost) cheap hobby.

tc

16 minutes ago, wainwj said:

Discussions amongst users on the official channels. Official Forum and Discord.

Amongst the noise, a few gems seem to know what they are talking about.

Do you have a link to the discussion in the official MSFS forum on this rumor? I don't see any discussion in the official MSFS forum about a rumored update.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Yeah, I get the general need for NDA's in industry:  But all those testers had to dummy-up on what problems they found, or what was lacking in MSFS2020 before its release:  Looks like they cannot comment on their feedback even today...

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Do you have a link to the discussion in the official MSFS forum on this rumor? I don't see any discussion in the official MSFS forum about a rumored update.

Sorry, I'm at work and not signed in to my MS account so can't view it right now. 

We'll see if anything materialises tomorrow.

I would have personally expected to hear news from Asobo about proposed fixes by now but they have surprised us before.

Just now, overspeed3 said:

Yeah, I get the general need for NDA's in industry:  But all those testers had to dummy-up on what problems they found, or what was lacking in MSFS2020 before its release:  Looks like they cannot comment on their feedback even today...

Yes, they are still required to maintain secrecy but I think that is just a general clause due to the length of the NDA agreement, as opposed to being a strict order based on the sim as it stands.

It is within Microsofts favour to have control over what and when gets published, I think the NDA was nothing more than having that option to kick people out if needed.

This sim is more like a Sightseeing Simulator than a Flight Simulator at the moment, but I have still high hopes for this software.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

8 minutes ago, wainwj said:

Sorry, I'm at work and not signed in to my MS account so can't view it right now. 

We'll see if anything materialises tomorrow.

I would have personally expected to hear news from Asobo about proposed fixes by now but they have surprised us before.

You mean this thread in the MSFS forums?  https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/is-there-patch-information-tomorrow-24-september/282579/8.  People are confusing Asobo/Microsoft's definition of "Update" and an actual patch to fix the problems.

Asobo/Microsoft always has an update on the status of the game every Thursday.  They issue an "update" every Thursday to talk about the roadmap, status of the game, etc.  That's not the same thing as having a patch to fix the problems.  So if there is where the rumors are coming from, there will not be a patch tomorrow.  There will be an "update" from Asobo/Microsoft tomorrow like every Thursday where they post about the progress with the game.  There will not be a patch tomorrow to fix the problems though, that is expected in October.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, yurei said:

I personally am taking a wait and see perspective on MSFS. Keeping track of the bug reports, watching the videos, etc. 

With my heavy time investment in hardware, programming, and library for P3D, there is no pressure for me to migrate to another sim without the features or the aircraft I really want.

Too soon for me to pass judgement on MSFS as a destination. Not near enough 3rd party developers have released products.

You and me both....   maybe in a year's time.................

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ngxu_banner.png