Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

The Tide of Progress is Unstoppable

48 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

This sim is more like a Sightseeing Simulator than a Flight Simulator at the moment

Yeah, ain't it great? (and that's not sarcasm, it's appreciation)

• Like 5

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

23 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The scenery and weather depiction does, yes. However for everything else, it certainly doesn’t blow anything out of the water. 

Without scenery or weather depiction you might as well be sitting in front of an instrument trainer shooting ILS approaches or failure recovery under a hood.  Nothing wrong with that, but that's not my cup of tea.  And to be honest it was never the focus of ANY version of Microsoft Flight Simulator which ALWAYS prioritized scenery and weather over systems simulation.

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Looked a bit different to me:
"Update rumoured for tomorrow. Along with the two already released. "

But this was in response to incorrect statements that suggested they are hardly working on it. They are continually "updating" us and "updating" the sim.

I do apologise for the subtle complexity of my mother tongue. I assumed that since we are all talking about the same heavily followed subject that no one would pick apart the accuracy of a anecdotal "rumour".

No wonder no one on here likes the sim, surprised they find time to play it.

• Like 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The scenery and weather depiction does, yes. However for everything else, it certainly doesn’t blow anything out of the water. 

For me I would add....

Shadows and lighting that are on everything in the sim. In other sim they are option you have to be very careful with and eat FPS or GPU

Traffic that normally you have to turn OFF for FPS in other sims

Water and waves in another league

Icing, yes it might be overdone atm but still a class leader

Reflections.

VC Reflections (Windscreen effects need to be set to Ultra)

Grass, not really scenery as you only see it when landing but again like nothing else. ( but could be scenery if we group it )

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 9

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The launch of MSFS should have been a positive for the community. The fact that it was not for many is unfortunate. The fact that it is dividing the community is a shame. Just tell yourself that MSFS is early access. We don't have to wait another year to play with the platform. Because it is early access it has tons of bugs. It will take at least a year or more to work these issues out. But...you do get to use it, and give feedback on the things that need fixing/improved. The people who are upset were expecting a functioning sim for their money. We all get that. The people who are willing to look past the current problems see the future and it looks really really good. It is all about how you choose to see the current situation. For me, it is positive. Very positive. But it needs time. 

I am just not willing to get upset about it. Life is literally way too short to do that. 

• Like 11

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

If you don´t like it, don´t buy it. So simple is that.

But if some of you don´t like it, why are you reading and posting here? I have never visited XP forums and for sure haven´t posted there telling why I never have had it.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, kiki said:

If you don´t like it, don´t buy it. So simple is that.

But if some of you don´t like it, why are you reading and posting here? I have never visited XP forums and for sure haven´t posted there telling why I never have had it.

I think both voices are needed to raise awareness, so I have no problem with people posting their findings. But at some point feedback turns to hating/bashing and that is counter productive. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

From P3D or FS2020 where you need corporate approval every time you launch the sim your asking to get screwed down the road. 

Why are you including P3D in this?

Launching P3D is like launching FSX...

🙂

• Like 1

Bert

24 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Just tell yourself that MSFS is early access

That would be fine if it were sold that way...but it wasn't.

Frustrations are generally linked unmet expectations. That's where I believe Microsoft stumbled with this release. The reality of what was released is so removed from what was described, implied, alluded to....whatever you want to call it, in their feature discovery and partnership video series that you can't blame people for feeling a little deceived at this point. It was not marketed as "Early Access" and eventually the title will include all this great stuff you see in these videos. It was marketed as the sim will include all this great stuff, period.

I immensely enjoy the sim for what it is. Love it! But at the same time, I am pretty disappointed in what the sim isn't but was implied to be. But hey, sadly that's marketing for you.

Edited by snglecoil
  • Like 3

Chris

7 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

That would be fine if it were sold that way...but it wasn't.

Frustrations are generally linked unmet expectations. That's where I believe Microsoft stumbled with this release. The reality of what was released is so removed from what was described, implied, alluded to....whatever you want to call it, in their feature discovery and partnership video series that you can't blame people for feeling a little deceived at this point. It was not marketed as "Early Access" and eventually the title will include all this great stuff you see in these videos. It was marketed as the sim will include all this great stuff, period.

I immensely enjoy the sim for what it is. Love it! But at the same time, I am pretty disappointed in what the sim isn't but was implied to be. But hey, sadly that's marketing for you.

It is what it is. How we deal with reality is a personal choice. I choose not to be upset about it. In fact, way more positives than negatives imo. But that's me. 

3 hours ago, tpete61 said:

After all the hype has started to settle I hope people realize XP & p3D are better choices at present for a flight simulator. For game playing this product gets the job done!

Lol. I only came back to civ flight sims only because of MSFS. Otherwise I was happy with DCS.

Absolutely nothing excited me about XP or P3D. They are sterile boring sims to me in 2020.

Good luck trying to shrink the flight sim community while MS is trying to expand it.

• Like 7

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Just now, Slides said:

They are sterile boring sims to me in 2020.

? I beg to differ!  Flying the XP Hotstart TBM 930 from SLC to CYS is anything but boring using procedures and proper RNAV G1000 approaches.MSFS  Makes me appreciate it it even more!

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Adrian123 said:

? I beg to differ!  Flying the XP Hotstart TBM 930 from SLC to CYS is anything but boring using procedures and proper RNAV G1000 approaches.MSFS  Makes me appreciate it it even more!

And yet the entire marketplace disagrees with you based on the usage numbers for XP vs MSFS. 

XP simply never kept my interest.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Just now, Slides said:

XP simply never kept my interest.

That is your thoughts, understandably.