Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

20 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

That's a clear drawback of course. The default live weather obviously is able to spawn in different weather for different locations at the same time. Probably needs an update to the SDK to enable 3PD to do the same.

Nevertheless I appreciate your efforts and still might get Weather Force as soon as you introduce historic weather.

Keep it up!

Indeed it is also a big drawback for me as well. That is what I have been arguing previously about it, and that can take us back step backwards. Perhaps in the future the SDK could evolve that allows third party to utilize the weather system fully? That would be super great. But now with this limitation, I don't see the need to buy it unless the historical weather comes in, maybe could be appealing. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

54 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Again similar problem with wind at destination. Everything was fine until short final. Wind went from 11 kts to 6 kts. Thus pretty much what default live weather does

unknown.png?width=2222&height=1250 

Ok not to sound like a jerk, but I fly for a living and the amount of times the wind at 500 feet vs wind at the touchdown zone varies would blow your mind. The triple IRS/AHRS is pretty darn accurate and will display a fluid wind on the PFD all the way down. It’s frustrating when the wind from the tower/METAR is literally 180 degrees and 20 knots different then the wind at 1000 feet because of how all the automation works. So my point is when I see imperfections like that it makes me smile.

Edited by Sticky

18 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

How do we get rid of retarded rainbows and what happened to the water sheet of glass - was not like that before last update - you now have to force a lot of wind to see non glass waters  - UGLY 🙂

Found some rain and REX did not disappoint flew out then it cleared as expected then got the rainbow which I never saw in msfs version of weather - I want that gone lol 

Well done REX team digging it seems be visually different in a good way - need to explore more

Be honest, is it as good as ASP?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

Be honest, is it as good as ASP?

I cant tell you because I havent used it enough sorry 

Rich Sennett

21 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

How do we get rid of retarded rainbows and what happened to the water sheet of glass - was not like that before last update - you now have to force a lot of wind to see non glass waters  - UGLY 🙂

Found some rain and REX did not disappoint flew out then it cleared as expected then got the rainbow which I never saw in msfs version of weather - I want that gone lol 

Well done REX team digging it seems be visually different in a good way - need to explore more

Thank you!

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

4 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I cant tell you because I havent used it enough sorry 

That's fair.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I loaded up in KFLL.  There's a big storm over Miami.  When I turned on the Nexrad, the entire area around Miami for 200 miles was coverred with storms in solid red.  Is that a feature or a bug?

Gregg

EDIT:  So this product blankets the entire MSFS weather system with the same weather everywhere?  So, it's the same weather everywhere as where your airplane is. I will say that the weather seemed to be accurate where the plane was...so that's good.  But I would like to see accurate weather around me, including on the weather radar...so I can avoid it!

Edited by Gregg_Seipp

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

48 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I loaded up in KFLL.  There's a big storm over Miami.  When I turned on the Nexrad, the entire area around Miami for 200 miles was coverred with storms in solid red.  Is that a feature or a bug?

Gregg

EDIT:  So this product blankets the entire MSFS weather system with the same weather everywhere?  So, it's the same weather everywhere as where your airplane is.  Not what I was looking for.

The automation and smoothing are the ones that make the sim weather transitions play, transitioning-for example, from heavy weather to a clear one. It is not just a static injection. The WX engine is being polished as we receive feedback from it.

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

I bought it the second that it could be downloaded, but I refrained from commenting, because I wanted to see some of the posts from other users. First of all, I think that based on a previous thread that attacked the integrity of REX Studios from every angle, certain people here owe Reed, etc. an apology. Second, considering that HiFi and others said that injecting the correct live weather based on METARs was presently impossible, REX has done the MSFS user community a great service. If the default MSFS  "MeteoBlah Live Weather" was a weather person on the local TV news, the villagers would have come for his or her head with torches and pitchforks. At least the sim's weather wound has been sutured. Basically, REX has done for MSFS weather what Navigraph has done for the default MSFS Navigation database.

Is the add-on worth the money? In my opinion it is. At any given location it does portray the conditions extant at the closest METAR station. Is it perfect? No, but some of that is caused by the sim and its silly wind changes, its picking the of wrong runways and an ATIS that seems like was created using random squares from a weather bingo card. I think that some of the more astute users have already pointed out key issues with WeatherForce in this thread, so I'm not going to rehash any those issues. The one thought that crossed my mind is that this add-on was originally created for P3d5, but that someone REX must have noticed that with some changes, it could be made to work with MSFS. 

On the bright side, even though Asobo hasn't been addressing these types of problems, at least the 3rd party developers are and there are less and less reasons not to switch to MSFS.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Gregg

EDIT:  So this product blankets the entire MSFS weather system with the same weather everywhere?  So, it's the same weather everywhere as where your airplane is. I will say that the weather seemed to be accurate where the plane was...so that's good.  But I would like to see accurate weather around me, including on the weather radar...so I can avoid it!

REX shots looks very nice to me - I did notice there was no rain on runway not sure thats an Asosbo issue - it was raining - few shots after leaving KMIA 

ula2fR.png

ulaABg.png

Rich Sennett

4 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I bought it the second that it could be downloaded, but I refrained from commenting, because I wanted to see some of the posts from other users. First of all, I think that based on a previous thread that attacked

Can you help me out  - why am I hearing thunder outside cockpit but nothing inside - I have all sounds 100% thanks 

Rich Sennett

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipOQQW1fSaSiXPllBZy2AbFk5kS1ooiavzs8JAYP

Yikes this looks bad.  darker clouds at 20 miles out in a perfect square around the aircraft.  10 more miles of clouds around the darker clouds and then no clouds in any direction there after.   I'm at 33k ft in-between EGLL and LFPG.  

Installation issues were terrible.  I still cant add a favorite or go to a specific weather.  At first I was pleased.  Weather depiction at KPDX was spot on.  Weather depiction at Miami seemed a bit overdone but better than Live Weather by far.  KSAN had cumulus clouds over land which were not depicted on GOES Geo color satellite and failed to convey a deck of low marine stratus just off the coast.  Weather at EGLL looked right, but once I got to altitude I saw what I saw above.  And this was an issue with the REX version I had for FSX.  Repeating bizarre cloud patterns and a bad draw distance.