Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

29 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

So the default MSFS weather is more similar to the actual real life weather? 

I won't be able to answer that for you but you can come to a conclusion from the photos i'm sure. Mind you this is just from the ground. They wont let me in those planes there 🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chock said:

I'm fairly sure systems such as Vatsim would not want the utility of their system to be dependent upon whether or not you have a particular payware product.

That maybe true, but then everyone should delete Navigraph from every sim in existence. 

MSFS live does not "need smoothing" it does it seamlessly with no hit on FPS out the box, or loads 200 miles of KTIW weather, Portland is just over 100 miles away.

From take off from KTIW

ZVJWXUd-FXz.png

Bad weather in front

opwl-To-Sway.png

Bad weather at Portland.

bs-AOq1-WVy-D.png

Out the box MSFS live weather, but I made it daytime as am from the UK.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 12

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 hours ago, jacf182 said:

Asobo acknowledged the occasional "graininess" of the clouds and reflections and said that will be handled with DirectX12. Hopefully it happens soon.   

Good to know thanks.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

21 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

MSFS live does not "need smoothing" it does it seamlessly with no hit on FPS out the box, or loads 200 miles of KTIW weather, Portland is just over 100 miles away.

That's because it doesn't depict live weather so it doesn't worry about changes in the weather. Based on someone else's analogy in this thread, the live weather in MSFS like marrying Gisele Bundchen. But then you take her home, she takes off her makeup and she looks just like your new mother-in-law.

I get it. Some people are angry at REX for personal reasons. Others think MSFS is perfect in every way like a new born baby.  But the part that I don't get is the hand wringing that Weatherforce is some kind of malware that will wreck your MSFS installation. If one is afraid of that, don't buy WF.

Let's hope that what REX has done will inspire both Asobo and HiFi to fix the weather in MSFS.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bottle said:

I'm at a loss to understand why having a depiction of the realtime weather is so important to some people. I suppose each to their own, but having "it must be real" as a criterion and standard seems a bit odd as you sit in front of your computer making pretend that you're flying a plane. It seems like arguing about angels on the head of a pin to me.

Because if you are practicing ILS approaches and expect 300 foot ceiling and 1 mile visibility, clear skies will not offer you a proper simulation. The eye-candy MSFS weather is cute but when I try to shoot an approach with 1 mile vis and I can’t see 400 feet in front of me I just wasted my flight. So I will get it because it is the only solution for somewhat accurate weather NOW. When I want pretty, dynamic weather with no regard to reality I will pick a theme in MSFS. When I want weather that closely simulates the METAR I will use REX. 

I don’t get the hate man. These guys have given us an option and I appreciate it. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it! I spent $42 on two pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes and okra last night at a restaurant. Oh, an banana pudding. I could have bought this twice. Chill folks. It’s not a tax. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it. 

• Like 3

Eddie
KABQ

Just now, haskell said:

spent $42 on two pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes and okra last night at a restaurant.

And you got something that wasn't on your table before. 😉

It works ok.   It does seem to have some gaps in weather coverage.  Not perfect, but ok.

Duane Buck

10 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's because it doesn't depict live weather so it doesn't worry about changes in the weather..

I will have to disagree with you there 🙂

I did a flight in the UK this morning also and the live weather depiction was perfect. Yet another grey day. It's bright now yippie.🙂

S1-ZTK2-XGZO.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Gents, if you're quoting a post in your reply please do not include embedded images. Wasteful of space and hard on those using devices with limited bandwidth.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's because it doesn't depict live weather so it doesn't worry about changes in the weather. 

That does not correspond with my experience. Default live weather generally works fine for me. There are some quirks and missing features and it is not accurately corresponding to METARs  but it is always plausible and it changes over time without any transitioning issues for me.

16 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Let's hope that what REX has done will inspire both Asobo and HiFi to fix the weather in MSFS.

Agreed. That is my bottom line from this thread as well (I would replace "fix" by "improve" though).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, fs1 said:

This is not true. Weather Force has smoothing and automation and not just METAR matching. 
Also it is an addon that will be scaling up in services.

The problem is we can not see it in one video working properly! The ones that are online show abrubt changes and injections.

And how do you do that? because the sim is not offering any features for this, or is it? So you must do the "smoothing" on your side while injecting. So if a transission from weather A to B is showing more local and bigger "weather differences" than you must inject over a longer time (like a minute or so) to make it look smooth.....I don´t get it.

Or has MSFS something like "morphing" weather? I did several flights within the Sim with default weather and I do see weather changing (at least proper in Europe) during my flights. Also in Australia I saw this near the east coastline a few days ago. From heavy weather to clear skies and vice versa. 

But to say it clear, the videos that are online are NOT showing smooth transitions. Customers are rather complaining about abrubt changes. Especially for winds aloft and interpolarisation.

Not good at all. Same thing back in P3D where customers are still waiting on updates and promisses upgrades.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'll wait and see if this add-on will cause problems with next update before I decide to buy it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

8 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

But to say it clear, the videos that are online are NOT showing smooth transitions. Customers are rather complaining about abrubt changes. Especially for winds aloft and interpolarisation.

You have an option in Weather Force to load instantly the WX or do a smooth loading.

Federico Sucari