Sign in to follow this  
SUNDR1V3R

REX issue.. (video)

4 hours ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

I didn’t know this video was in the other thread because all of the hate in there was hard to find it.

I am just wondering if you did not know this was in the other thread, but you did know the other thread was closed, can you possibly tell us where you did find it.

As has been previously stated, this has been seen and done before and you are better off putting in a support ticket.  

I am further, a little curious about why you would be "unsure" To my mind, you are far from "unsure" and know exactly what you are doing. I really really hope I am wrong with this assumption. 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

31 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Cease the trolling.. Email them..

I think it's a valid question. Many developers work with Asobo. Some others might use techniques that are likely not to work anymore after an update. 

Second thing: Transitions between METAR stations are very important to immersion. As a player I would really hate clouds vanishing or appearing suddenly.

Edited by crimplene

Hi,

Please guys, I need your help! I purchased REX Weather Force 2020 and it doesn't work at all, I followed the manual, setting preset and clear sky and the launch the Synthesis, but NOTHING WORKS! The weather simply remains CLEAR SKY! I've also noticed that sometimes I get random crashes caused by REX.exe application, it gives me a .NET Framework error. Please tell me what to do, I spent moeny on this! 

THANKS! WAITING FOR YOUR NEWS!!!

Cheers,
Riccardo F.

@mpo910, you've asked questions which you're entitled to do. I suggest you wait for replies before posting any more.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Im just not seeing any issues with Weather Force - what I do notice is where have the waves gone to - seems Asobo dumbed it down I have to manually go into add winds get same sort of wave action otherwise just a sheet of glass 😞

That said you cant do that running weather force or it will stop the Weather Force injection 

How would Asobo dumb down the waves if you had to add wind to see the waves? Does that make any sense? It's obvious if there's no wind then the seas would be calm right? 

4 hours ago, Riccardo Farneti said:

Hi,

Please guys, I need your help! I purchased REX Weather Force 2020 and it doesn't work at all, I followed the manual, setting preset and clear sky and the launch the Synthesis, but NOTHING WORKS! The weather simply remains CLEAR SKY! I've also noticed that sometimes I get random crashes caused by REX.exe application, it gives me a .NET Framework error. Please tell me what to do, I spent moeny on this! 

Cheers,
Riccardo F.

Riccardo, can you you contact REX support ASAP? Thanks 

Federico Sucari

5 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Thread got locked and took away from the "board". I got my reason:

• Federico, from REX, stated he would come back on it after he talked to the managing board about this.
  • Before I buy this addon I would like to know if it is supported for at least 6 months or not. I think that is a reasonable question as there are some rumors about this. I would like to give REX the possibillity to answer this transparent for all to help this out of the world.

You should mind your words too......."Dude" is not quite respectfull.

Thanks.

Marcus

We will PM with the answer shortly.

Let us concentrate to work on support on some open tickets.

Thanks 

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

4 hours ago, Riccardo Farneti said:

Hi,

Cheers,
Riccardo F.

The same happened to me yesterday. A simple reboot did the trick.

Just to point out something, FS2020 was not generating any live weather either until the reboot.

4 hours ago, devgrp said:

How would Asobo dumb down the waves if you had to add wind to see the waves? Does that make any sense? It's obvious if there's no wind then the seas would be calm right? 

No first release had waves subtle but there - not that glass look

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, fs1 said:

I will contradict you as the product is complete. It has, naturally some bugs we are looking. You need to undertand how software development works.

Your statement on cheating is a little bit strong I will ask you to public apologies here as no one is cheating no one here. Thanks

The product is not working today. Everywhere, clear skies. Changing FS2020 to live weather, clouds appear.

1 minute ago, airlinejets said:

The product is not working today. Everywhere, clear skies. Changing FS2020 to live weather, clouds appear.

Just open a ticket in the support. Thanks

Federico Sucari

4 hours ago, devgrp said:

In the real world, waves don't disappear the instant the wind dies. There is always a lag, even in protected waters like smaller lakes. With very large lakes and with ocean waves, there is a thing called "fetch," a large area of open water where waves are generated from wind blowing in one direction for a long period of time. You'll see wave action and swells hundreds of miles from where the wind was blowing. It can be dead calm at the beach and you're still getting waves rolling in.

I know we'll never get that kind of realism in a flight sim, but it should be possible to program at least a little lag in the depiction of waves, so it's not an instant on/off switch when the METAR changes. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

42 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Just open a ticket in the support. Thanks

The problem seems to be fixed after patch 3 1.9.3.0.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

In the real world, waves don't disappear the instant the wind dies. There is always a lag, even in protected waters like smaller lakes. With very large lakes and with ocean waves, there is a thing called "fetch," a large area of open water where waves are generated from wind blowing in one direction for a long period of time. You'll see wave action and swells hundreds of miles from where the wind was blowing. It can be dead calm at the beach and you're still getting waves rolling in.

I know we'll never get that kind of realism in a flight sim, but it should be possible to program at least a little lag in the depiction of waves, so it's not an instant on/off switch when the METAR changes. 

So I guess Asobo is just going around disabling all these features and dumbing down the game? Ok got it 😏

I bought this last night and appreciate it for what it does.  I can summarize my thoughts here:

Pro: accurate weather at airports that reflects the real world METAR much better than default weather.

Con: that single METAR-based weather depiction is everywhere, ie you lose the immersion of flying between different weather systems that you get with default weather.

I’m on the fence as to which I like better, and will probably end up using both Rex and default depending on what kind of flying I’m doing, but as of now that’s the situation in a nutshell.

As an example I flew from KEYW-KTLH last night and on takeoff and climb out it was overcast as far as the eye could see, then clear as far as the eye could see, then few clouds as far as the eye could see etc etc.  I didn’t have an opportunity to view the changeover/transition as I happened to be head down in the cockpit each time it changed, so I can’t comment on that yet.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU