Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Carenado Mooney Update

In the end, something to give thought to... for whatever reason, and wherever the blame, @Carenado has 3 aeroplanes in MSFSMP and all 3 have CTD issues.  No bueno.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

The Bird Dog (not released on the Marketplace) is also broken (pressing the light switches causes a CTD).  Different developer.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I can not scroll the Alt knob anymore, if I click on it I get CTD, and the mixture control is stuck until I'm airborne, this airplane is unusable as it is right now.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Yeah I too got a CTD just last hour, clicking the altitude part of the AP.  Bummmmmmmer.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am surprised why there is not more flexibility in the process between developer and publisher. If it is true what Carenado posted last week that they have sent an update to MS, it should already be available to us. 

In an environment where the customer have very limited choices in 3DP airplanes and Asobo is pushing out very frequent updates to the sim, it adds frustration to all parties with these prolonged release times. The fact that it looks like Patches are only released on Thursdays also adds to this frustration. Until things are overall more stable I wish there was some shorter time-to-market. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 hour ago, Tektolnes said:

Do devs not have access to some beta version where they can test their planes to make sure they work OK in upcoming releases?

By my understanding, not currently, but it's in the works.

It seems any "portover" tricks don't work. 3PD must animate airplane from scratch using FS2020 SDK. I am stop buying "portovered" FSX/P3D aircraft from any developer.

3 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

In the end, something to give thought to... for whatever reason, and wherever the blame, @Carenado has 3 aeroplanes in MSFSMP and all 3 have CTD issues.  No bueno.

C

Yep, im too far gone, i wont be getting another Carenado product, even if they do magically fix all their planes tomorow.

• Like 2

I am willing to give Carenado some slack here because I have some doubt that the issues are all on their side. What I have concluded is that I will not be purchasing any more add on aircraft until the process as a whole is more stable and responsive.

• Like 3

Dan Scott

4 hours ago, Cognita said:

I am willing to give Carenado some slack here because I have some doubt that the issues are all on their side. What I have concluded is that I will not be purchasing any more add on aircraft until the process as a whole is more stable and responsive.

Same here, I brought the pa44 and that will be it now until this is sorted

• Like 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Now that things are semi back to normal, I tried to do a flight on my beloved Mooney. As soon as I scrolled the AP altitude setting, CTD. It's back to the drawing board.

Update: I just posted on their FB page and read some comments. Customers are getting downright angry! I tried to warn everyone not to buy the Seminole, but some still bought it and now they have to hope for a quick patch which ain't coming anytime soon.

Edited by DJJose
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I can not scroll the Alt knob anymore, if I click on it I get CTD, and the mixture control is stuck until I'm airborne, this airplane is unusable as it is right now.

Same!  My Mooney  is in the hanger until repaired.  

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

9 hours ago, Cognita said:

I am willing to give Carenado some slack here because I have some doubt that the issues are all on their side.

Yeah, I'd encourage others to do the same.     I am no defender of companies who sell products without support, but in this case Carenado (and everyone else) is developing against a moving target.   And, since they sell entirely through the Marketplace and thus have to go through the MS process for that -- which from what we've all heard isn't exactly quick -- things are rather stacked against them in a way that they aren't for those of us distributing things on our own.

What I can say confidently is that the folks at Asobo hate this situation about as much as you do and they're trying to get it straight.   We can argue eternally about whose fault the current state of the sim is, but I'm disinclined to be overly harsh on 3PDs at this point.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The stuck mixture control at ground level is not a special Carenado bug, the default aircraft suffer from this bug also.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

With the very limited amount of aircraft addons on the Marketplace, it seems strange to me that Asobo / Microsoft does not actually follow up and push the updates that have been sent to them by Carenado.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s