Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

I wish someone could explain this to me like I am five years old.

Kind of literally in a simple sentence or two, what is the actual problem?

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

55 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I wish someone could explain this to me like I am five years old.

Kind of literally in a simple sentence or two, what is the actual problem?

one or two sentences are not enough but I will give it a try:

- FSX Models (MDLX) should work, but will cause CTD

- MSFS Models (glTF) should work, but are now invisible sometimes and we have not yet converted all of them, so we need the MDLX fallback

- ATC has issues when it comes to handle AI Traffic

- Overall flight-behavior has been downgraded compared to FSX

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

18 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

- MSFS Models (glTF) should work, but are now invisible sometimes and we have not yet converted all of them, so we need the MDLX fallback

Well that is indeed disheartening.  Thank you for the continued efforts!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

43 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

This is disappointing news. I would of hoped that with AIG and Asobo having made contact, and as far as I know have been in discussions about moving forward, that the both of you would have made a lot of progress towards getting accurate airline traffic in the sim.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

That's disappointing, I'm loosing hope that this sim will ever be usable with hq airliners together with a well organized ai traffic on air and on ground. To hear that the ai engine flight behavior is worse than FSX is real bad news.

• Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Especially because one of their advertisment slogans was: real world live traffic... not even close, now we learn that not even non-live ai traffic is currently possible, what a bummer...

• Like 4

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Yes, this is a huge let down for me as well. As I was hoping we would finally get a legit working offline AI traffic addon for MSFS. 😞 I hope a miracle will happen. It's already been a year and doesn't seem like much progress in terms of SDK development happening for MS/Asobo.

• Like 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes, this is a huge let down for me as well. As I was hoping we would finally get a legit working offline AI traffic addon for MSFS. 😞 I hope a miracle will happen. It's already been a year and doesn't seem like much progress in terms of SDK development happening for MS/Asobo.

I think the problem lies in the fact that they have so many bugs, they are just not prioritizing AI. Their tracker shows this as Under Investigation 2021-2022, so I am not shocked if they don't really get going on this well into 2022.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I have lost all hope over this 😞

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Kind of makes me think how the 'Henrik Nielson's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS' was impacted by this.  For the model work at least they seemed to have made it work.  I dont know for sure as I dont have the mod, but just think out loud about the models at least.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

18 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

still waiting for any progress by MS/ASOBO....

Aren’t you in touch with them? Is it a dialog or a monologue? They praise themselfs how involved they are with the community. 

• Like 2

Lukas Dalton

AIG need to team up with Asobo as Asobo clearly aren't capable of handling the workload when it comes to AI development. I have used AIG for AI traffic for the past few years and their work is just outstanding to say the least, I hope this can all be pulled together and improved upon over the next couple of months/year.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

We have to continue asking Asobo about the ai traffic they have promised in their slogans before we put the money to buy the product license.

Now we have paid, the only thing we have is YEAR21-22 under investigation????  do you mean: almost two years to investigate something they have not given but sold us?

• Like 1

Is there a topic that we can upvote on the official forums to bump this up. This really needs to be high on the priority list. I don't how how such ridiculous "Chinese Localization" made it as #2 on their list of priorities when this one is much, much, much more important. If anything language localizations should be low priority.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

I don't how how such ridiculous "Chinese Localization" made it as #2 on their list of priorities when this one is much, much, much more important. If anything language localizations should be low priority.

The 2nd most spoken language in the world isn't important?

• Like 1