Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

After installing about 80 airlines I really wanted to see last night I ran the installer overnight and all are now installed other than a handful that require some manual intervention, all good there.  My short flight last night was awesome.  The only real issue I heard was multiple heavies that should have been at cruise altitude based on where I was (flying between CYQM-CYHZ) being told to climb to oddly low altitudes, is expedite climb from 7000 to 14009.  Guessing this is a core sim bug that will get worked out in time.

I’m heading into four days off after today so looking forward to exploring an AI filled world!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Brian, some good news for you! 🙂
I never give up, that's why I don't have a lot of hair left on my head..
Please do the following:

1/ Rename your Community folder to something else (ie CommunityOLD)
2/ Create an empty Community folder
3/ Launch AIM and you are good to go.

Now the problem is to pinpoint the faulty folder which prevents AIM from running, but that's another story!
Using MSFS Addon Linker I know for sure that it is not an installed mod because I have disabled them all, so the issue comes from a scenery/aircraft/tool which is directly installed in the Community folder.

I'll keep you updated when I'll find which one!
👍

Thanks David, Ill give it a shot.

Kind Regards 

Brian

BJ from Oz

14 minutes ago, regis9 said:

After installing about 80 airlines I really wanted to see last night I ran the installer overnight and all are now installed other than a handful that require some manual intervention, all good there.  My short flight last night was awesome.  The only real issue I heard was multiple heavies that should have been at cruise altitude based on where I was (flying between CYQM-CYHZ) being told to climb to oddly low altitudes, is expedite climb from 7000 to 14009.  Guessing this is a core sim bug that will get worked out in time.

I’m heading into four days off after today so looking forward to exploring an AI filled world!

Yes, most of the AI issues are within the sim itself. I do hope that they will prioritize getting these fixed. But, I'm happy with the great work of AIG. The install was a bit involved but most of the work took place behind the scenes.

I do hope that GA and bizjets come soon as I spend a good deal of time flying into smaller and regional airports.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

24 minutes ago, baxterbj said:

Thanks David, Ill give it a shot.

Kind Regards 

Brian

BJ from Oz

Hi David and Thankyou!

1/ Rename your Community folder to something else (ie CommunityOLD)
2/ Create an empty Community folder
3/ Launch AIM and you are good to go.

No such luck here

Did exactly as you stated.

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

Edited by baxterbj

Brian, now that you have "cleaned" the Com folder, retry with a fresh AIM download after deleting your previous one.
I am sure there is a kind of log files that prevent the app from working.

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hello Team.  Can a kind should please post the AI Traffic controller settings as they should be set in Traffic Manager section?

Thaaks

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

A couple things I'm noticing that I could use a little clarification on:

1.  On my end, I'm only getting injected traffic by starting up the Traffic Controller AFTER loading into the airport of my choice.  If I start up the Controller prior to starting up the sim, or loading into an airport, I get no traffic. So basically I need to restart the controller between flights, which isn't a big deal. Is this correct functionality? 

2.  Since there is currently no GA traffic support, is our only option for displaying GA aircraft on the ground, using the AI ground traffic density slider?  I know it's supposed to be set to 0 for best results with the addon, but would bumping it up a little to show at least some GA aircraft have any negative effect, other than possible "overlapping" of some aircraft at their gates?  I fly mostly GA and out of smaller GA airports, so this is of particular importance to me.  I understand in due time GA traffic will come to the mod, so that's excellent news.  Just looking for a workaround in the meantime.

All in all...great job on this! Very exciting step forward.

Edited by FakeWayne

followed the video, paused and carried on easy to understand after a while.

So i start the sim..fine..load traffic controller when at the runway works great.

downloaded two liveries British airways and ryan air..... loaded Stansted and start traffic controller and it works fine expecting too see ryan air which i do no issues. but there are only like 7 aircrafts and stand.

anyone know how to increase the density???

many thanks!

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

16 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Brian, now that you have "cleaned" the Com folder, retry with a fresh AIM download after deleting your previous one.
I am sure there is a kind of log files that prevent the app from working.

David,

Downloaded a New Zipped file.

Deleted any file that gave reference to AIG.

Fail again for me.

I really appreciate your help, keep anything coming, that might help me, Please.

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

11 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

So basically I need to restart the controller between flights, which isn't a big deal. Is this correct functionality? 

You don’t need to restart it between flights. Only if you close the sim.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, baxterbj said:

David,

Downloaded a New Zipped file.

Deleted any file that gave reference to AIG.

Fail again for me.

I really appreciate your help, keep anything coming, that might help me, Please.

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

I feel very sorry for you, Brian.
Of course, I will keep on searching a cure for you, don't despair.
👍

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

9 minutes ago, Bilal2104 said:

followed the video, paused and carried on easy to understand after a while.

So i start the sim..fine..load traffic controller when at the runway works great.

downloaded two liveries British airways and ryan air..... loaded Stansted and start traffic controller and it works fine expecting too see ryan air which i do no issues. but there are only like 7 aircrafts and stand.

anyone know how to increase the density???

many thanks!

Default EGSS? The parking spots might be too small to spawn all the aircraft.

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

You don’t need to restart it between flights. Only if you close the sim.

Yes, I actually just realized this right after posting.  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, David Roch said:

I feel very sorry for you, Brian.
Of course, I will keep on searching a cure for you, don't despair.
👍

Goodnight From Downunder David.

Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks again

Brian BJ from Oz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psolk said:

The random aircraft I have pinpointed to Ground Traffic Density not being at 0 

Apparently MSFS is using the AIG AI as Ground Traffic randomly.  Hence the random liveries.  "MY" issue is when I set that to 0 I have no traffic what-so-ever.  AIG TC shows connected, centers on my plane but won't inject anything.  

EDIT:  Make sure AIGTC is properly pointing to your Community directory.  Mine "looked" like it was in the abbreviated path but it was actually pointing the the AIGTC install folder on my O: drive.  My Community folder is on my J: Drive  

Re-loading now with that change made

Thankyou for your help @psolk, mine must have been the same as it's working now.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,