Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

58 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I'm confused, isn't this what we've already got? Or is it a more simplified version or something?

It is the MSFS adapted version...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

56 minutes ago, AnkH said:

It is the MSFS adapted version...

Hmm yeah the one that's already been long available!? Still confused 😅

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

Well, small details like this show how profound a sim is being developed. Did you see anything like this in P3D?

Um, yes? All the time!

I first switched from FSX to P3D in 2017. At that point P3D was already 7 years old, on its fourth version -- clearly, you could expect this to be a mature sim. (This is leaving aside that it was effectively building on an even older sim.) P3D still had plenty of annoying bugs, many of which had existed since FSX came out in 2006.

To take just one: floating houses. As far as I know, this remains a problem in P3D v5, 15 years after FSX came out. Actually quite a similar cause/effect to the sunken boats we're talking about here, with the difference being that I expect Asobo will probably fix the sunken boats in the next few months. As for floating houses in P3D, I kind of doubt that will ever be fixed; it still hasn't been, after all this time.

Totally fair to complain about things in MSFS that aren't working right, like this bug. That's how the sim gets better! But I really do have to scratch my head at comparisons like this to FSX and P3D that are somehow supposed to be to MSFS's disadvantage.🙂

James

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

There is no MSFS adapted version available till now. You can use the FSX version with some minor issues, but the new one wont have those (like blank models due to incompatible textures etc.).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Asobo should actually program in realistic buoyancy! 
That way they would move around on the water with the corresponding wind / sea state, and that would fix the water height problem and make them look more realistic in one go!

On second thoughts, maybe not.  Maybe just add the wakes first.  Or no, maybe just fix the flaps problem first actually.  Small steps and all that!...  😕

It would also be good for Sea Planes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

No the one we're using here is the FSX version. The one talked about in the article will have updated models and materials specifically for MSFS compatibility.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, MarcG said:

I'm confused, isn't this what we've already got? Or is it a more simplified version or something?

No it's not the same, as stated, the one we have now is from FSX, the new one is specifically made for MSFS 20, but there is a problem at the moment. ASOBO has coded all ships to run at ocean level, a lot of inland rivers are not the same level as the coded ocean, so some river boats are running with "decks awash", a submarine term "if you will".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Someone should submit a ticket regarding this to Asobo so it can get fixed.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I did the workaround with the FSX version to get it working in MSFS. I'm looking forward to this MSFS version.

James

This is awesome news! Looks like the official MSFS release for Henrik Nielson's Global AI Ship traffic is right around the corner! I'm soooo excited!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think the best thing about that update above is the Whales! Looking forward to them, would be fantastic if they could add pods of Dolphins as well that would be awesome.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Hopefully Asobo can put the wakes back as well. They weren't too bad to start with from a distance. Not sure why they disabled them straight after people started using the shipping pack. 

Are the wakes just textures or part of the particle system? 

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

12 hours ago, Kodiakman9 said:

Any update on when this will be available for MSFS?  Thank you for the hard work of updating this program!

Keep an eye on this thread

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/global-ai-ship-traffic-v1-for-msfs/368369

On 3/1/2021 at 5:10 AM, bobcat999 said:

Not sure why they disabled them straight after people started using the shipping pack. 

They were only disabled an update or 2 ago according to Henrik. Had nothing to do with this.

Edited by Tuskin38