Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

The Blériot XI released!

9 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Yep it could be great for VR with max FPS Im sure :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: but till now no VR in MSFS, pity. Im still waiting for this.

VR is running, in an closed beta 👍😎

1 minute ago, Nedo68 said:

VR is running, in an closed beta 👍😎

Yes I know it very well (first day subimitted) but till now I didnt recived invitation ..... word not allowed M$!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Someone back awhile ago posted he turned on a fan when flying open cockpit planes to blow his scarf back like Snoopy. I think he was joking though.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 minute ago, Fielder said:

Someone back awhile ago posted he turned on a fan when flying open cockpit planes to blow his scarf back like Snoopy. I think he was joking though.

True simmers wear a flying helmet and googles.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fielder said:

I did it for Flying Circus and VR - works great! 😁

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

12 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

And now he appears with a new product to sell? Simply meaning he had been intentionally avoiding to answer all the forum posts to people who bought the early access because he was working on something else?

He's obviously following the BlackBox Simulations business model... :dry:

• Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Will the ground servicing vehicles work with this thing?  If not, literally a deal breaker for me! ☹️

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 hours ago, Fielder said:

I have to take back my statement that they are too difficult for sightseeing. They are not but....

Apparently Wing42 mixed up some files.

Their website says: their released Gnome rotary engine Bleriot was the fastest:

Cruise speed:
Anzani 60 km/h (32 knots)
Gnome 78 km/h (42 knots)
Max. speed:
Anzani 68 km/h (37 knots)
Gnome 90 km/h (49 knots)
Stall speed:
Anzani 35 km/h (19 knots)
Gnome 25 km/h (19 knots)
=================================================
But the installed flightmodel.cfg say:
Anzani
full_flaps_stall_speed =59
flaps_up_stall_speed =68
cruise_speed =176
Gnome
full_flaps_stall_speed =20
flaps_up_stall_speed =20
cruise_speed =44

Long story short I selected what I thought was the historically latest and fastest model because the early first flown Bleriots were notoriously difficult, so I selected the later faster Gnome version in MSFS. In real life and on their website the Gnome version is the one easy to fly and the fastest (really 77 knots or so).

But Wing42 mixed up of their files in what they sell: in MSFS the Anzani engine Bleriots fly faster and easier by far. This is wrong and what fooled me.

So it's all good, the faster Gnome versions were famous in real life and were exported all over the world. They are also good in MSFS, only named wrong. In MSFS the Gnome versions fly like the Anzani versions and vice versa (version 1 of the wing42 Bleriot released today).

Assuming this is correct, hopefully someone will let him know so he can fix it & release an update. Or you could tinker with flightmodel.cfg & fine tune it to your liking.

Visually, what do you think of it, & how good is the sound??

T45

Edited by Treetops45

13 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

But does it have autopilot? LOL Just kidding! 

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Does it have auto throttle. Which Garmin version is installed? The 1X, 3X, or 5X?

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Will the ground servicing vehicles work with this thing?  If not, literally a deal breaker for me! ☹️

Good point. If the jetway doesn't connect, no way would I want this. Do the doors even open?😕

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

There is a live steam on now showing the airplane. He is going to cross the English Channel. The developer is also on the chat line.

Edited by Doering

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

I've read the manual & note that it has 'ignition interruption' to control the throttle. ie, you blip the engine on & off.

Anyone flown it yet & can confirm the normal throttle is not used & basically the engine has 1 running speed?

T45

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

I've read the manual & note that it has 'ignition interruption' to control the throttle. ie, you blip the engine on & off.

Anyone flown it yet & can confirm the normal throttle is not used & basically the engine has 1 running speed?

T45

That would ordinarily be the case with a pre-war and early-war rotary, i.e. they run flat out when flying normally and you would basically stop the engine to descend, then use the airflow on the prop to restart the engine, which is why you hear many WW1 aeroplanes such as the Nieuport 11 Bebe giving it what sounds like intermittent bursts of throttle when coming in for a landing.

Some rotary-equipped aeroplanes of the WW1 era had an interim makeshift solution to this whereby they had a circuit-breaker switch on the control column which would allow you to cut the electrical power to some of the cylinder plug leads spaced around the circle of cylinders to allow you to reduce the amount of power they'd have when running.

But it wasn't exactly an ideal solution, being not really a throttle in the true sense of reducing the amount of fuel or air mixture going into the cylinders, also meaning that prolonged use of that would put an uneven load on the engine bearings since almost all rotaries had an uneven number of cylinders. It would also mean they'd throw out even more castor oil than they already do under normal operation, which is why many flyers of that era frequently suffered from diarrhoea.

Oil spillages onto wood, often weakened the structure of the airframe too, which is one of the reasons why so few vintage aeroplanes are around in completely original form these days and is why they would sometimes come apart in the air. Along with the flammability of doped canvas, the large amounts of oil sprayed around was also why WW1 aeroplanes would frequently burn when shot up with tracer ammunition too, although it did mean that the mechanical parts were usually pretty well lubricated!

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The throttle works as like normal on other planes. And is actually period correct. Contrary to popular belief, almost all rotary engines had a 'throttle' to dial in the power as on an inline cylinder engine. Link explains. The Wing42 manual is not real clear on how their throttle works.

And rotaries were not 2 cycle either, despite being air cooled. There is no blip speed control in the sim nor on the real life 50 HP Rhones rotaries.

The power to weight ratio was higher on rotaries. As you already know so was the torque because engine and prop were locked together and both spun around.

In WWI most German planes were inline, and therefore slower than the Allied rotaries, but more manageable having less torque. So their combat strategies were often different. The Germans wanted to get into a turning dogfight, the Allies wanted to zoom down from above using speed instead of agility. At least I think that was so.

https://www.historynet.com/the-truth-about-rotaries.htm

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.