Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Marchetti by JRollon

Visually Stunning! The Real Air SF260 is one of my all time favourite airplanes. For some reason I recall you fly from the right seat in a Marchetti. This would be a must buy if it was any good. Can use it as a tourer, even IFR. But, you can also do aerobatics, canyon running. Great airplane. 

Looks great! Have you noticed that the wing dropped during take-off, and landing was even cut out? Appears to be another developer having difficulties with the MSFS weird physics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark1616 said:

Looks great! Have you noticed that the wing dropped during take-off, and landing was even cut out? Appears to be another developer having difficulties with the MSFS weird physics.

He is having a hard time adapting to the new msfs workflow. But mainly because his trying to port over an existing model. But we'r dealing with a genius here so no worries 🙂

Edited by leprechaunlive

Absolutely marvellous news! The best GA rendition ever in XP11. An Italian masterpiece! A veritable Ferrari in the air and an absolute beast to land. Plenty to keep you occupied, so can’t wait! 

Edited by snaparaz

Asked JR and he responded:

"Well.. still the plane is far away from ending. It needs to transfer the programming to MSFS, which is complicated as the SDK is not finished."

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but dang I was really looking forward to seeing a SF260 in MSFS.  But now so much silence for so long...oh well just wanted to share my grief.

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

On 11/23/2020 at 5:01 AM, Mark1616 said:

I noticed it immediately too watching the video - but then sadly realized this post was from...... 17 months ago!  We're definitely on a 10 yr development roadmap for the sim......

Microsoft should just hire this guy, if he's not already too disillusioned after spending time with Laminar.  Nevertheless, I really hope he brings his wares over to FS20.

Regards, Kendall

On 11/23/2020 at 2:29 AM, jpe828 said:

Visually Stunning! The Real Air SF260 is one of my all time favourite airplanes. For some reason I recall you fly from the right seat in a Marchetti. This would be a must buy if it was any good. Can use it as a tourer, even IFR. But, you can also do aerobatics, canyon running. Great airplane. 

Nice to be remembered. Here is a bit of nostalgia, the 3rd edition RealAir SF260 for FSX, published around 2007-8 (1st and second additions were for Fs9). Even then it could spin, also spin inverted, had totally fluid gauges and stereo sound/animation camera effects, and this was way before accufeel/camera effects addons.

Best of luck to JRollon.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 5

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I spent many happy hours in the RealAir version. Would love one of that quality for MSFS.

• Like 1

Hello!

The development of the SF260 is in a halt for a long time. We planed to be released time ago but the SDK is not complete in the areas we want to control the engine parameters, so we cannot develope a REP function for the plane. We have thinked to make another aproach to the plane to control some features with the default SDK, and there we are... but for now the project is not cancelled, but also not working on it. Recently we where accepted as vendors in MSFS store after 1 year asking for it... so things moves little by little. 

For now we will make the conversion of the plane for XP12... 

• Like 6

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

45 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Maybe you can release a dumb down version as freeware for your current customers? It doesn't have to be perfect.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 3/8/2022 at 10:37 AM, Japo32 said:

Hello!

The development of the SF260 is in a halt for a long time. We planed to be released time ago but the SDK is not complete in the areas we want to control the engine parameters, so we cannot develope a REP function for the plane. We have thinked to make another aproach to the plane to control some features with the default SDK, and there we are... but for now the project is not cancelled, but also not working on it. Recently we where accepted as vendors in MSFS store after 1 year asking for it... so things moves little by little. 

Yea, one year sounds about right 😄 Im begging you to dig a little deeper on the SDK side, we NEED you in mSFS 😛

On 3/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, Japo32 said:

Seems like XP12 is gonna have the ability to get most XP11 aircraft over and working fairly easy? Sounds good to me. 

On 3/7/2022 at 11:31 PM, robert young said:

Nice to be remembered. Here is a bit of nostalgia, the 3rd edition RealAir SF260 for FSX, published around 2007-8 (1st and second additions were for Fs9). Even then it could spin, also spin inverted, had totally fluid gauges and stereo sound/animation camera effects, and this was way before accufeel/camera effects addons.

Best of luck to JRollon.

Thats the one I flew... the FSX one. It was fantastic. I flew it across Canada by hand with friends in multiplayer. I was much younger then. I haven't heard anything about this new Marchetti lately. Loved all your airplanes in FSX though. Took the turbine duke around the world.