Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Carenado Waco

10 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

There's more to life than painting aeroplanes Ryan. 🤪

I don't believe it!  haha!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

There's more to life than painting aeroplanes Ryan. 🤪

tell me more?

meanwhile, I'm slowly making progress..

50853642836_758f8ae56d_h.jpgjk0675

50853734177_aa557b05b6_k.jpgjk0671

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

My god - Jan's at it again!  That looks so good it shouldn't be allowed. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 1/18/2021 at 5:47 PM, 177B said:

This is a fun and challenging airplane for sure.

It is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for low level VFR, looking around using the drone cam to look at the plane and landscape at the same time, love it. Very tricky to land and T/O, even in no x-wind.

I find that assigning rear wheel lock to a joystick button helps a lot. And only ¼ tanks of fuel, 75lbs in real luggage compartment 210lb pilot makes it easier as well. Wheel locked you can't turn at all slow taxiing but it helps ground roll on T/O, but I turn it off for landing. You really need to be ahead of this plane with the rudder.

I like the majestic rolls and loops you can perform, just be at least 3000 agl to start with. Inverted flight is fun as well, fuel injection is great for that.

I have no idea if Wacos are this tricky in real life, I have never piloted or flown one, but I have seen lots of them give scenic rides. In Fryeburg and Plumb Island as well as the defunct North Conway Airport. I have flown cubs and they are not that hard to handle.

All and all definitely worth $15.00. And very rewarding when you do a nice landing.

this advice re take off is very helpful - I haven't managed to get more than a few hundred feet down the runway before chucking it in the grass. Is this realistic of the actual aircraft?

23 minutes ago, Ferg said:

this advice re take off is very helpful - I haven't managed to get more than a few hundred feet down the runway before chucking it in the grass. Is this realistic of the actual aircraft?

absolutely not - the ground roll is broken

try either full nose up trim (remember to trim back to normal after takeoff) or holding the stick right back till you hit about 50 knots

There is a built in kick to the left at about halfway down the TO roll. Once you know it's coming it's no problem. Still nice though.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

To enhance realism I recommend to ask your wife to sprinkle water on you while you flying in the rain! 🙂 🙂 

unknown.png?width=2250&height=1266 

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

8 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

To enhance realism I recommend to ask your wife to sprinkle water on you while you flying in the rain! 🙂 🙂 

unknown.png?width=2250&height=1266 

It is actually better to fly in a helmet and goggles with a deskfan pointing at your face. That way when it rains you can have someone spray water at the fan for a much more immersive rain effect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is actually better to fly in a helmet and goggles with a deskfan pointing at your face. That way when it rains you can have someone spray water at the fan for a much more immersive rain effect.

so far all my wife has done is to say "its only a game - don't get so cross with it. Now put your little bi-plane thing back on the roadway and try again.."

• Upvote 1

It's only rain, not to worry...

99ee30fdbf312119ceb1c1f605077621.jpg

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Ferg said:

so far all my wife has done is to say "its only a game - don't get so cross with it. Now put your little bi-plane thing back on the roadway and try again.."

well could be worse,

she could be saying "don't forget to check your trim and flap settings and remember you added weight so adjust your Vr and check the Pressure Altitude as that runway looks a bit short for a take-off at 6000' in summer with that weight - and for godsake do not fly all the way to Vancouver with your gear down like you did last week" .

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, jankees said:

tell me more?

Looking GREAT!  Ta Jan Kees... one can NEVER have too many radials to spend time with.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

6 hours ago, jankees said:

tell me more?

Now that's a repaint!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@Glenn Fitzpatrick. Would you be so kind and share your TrackIR profile please? 😄

I find your YT video of the Waco with TrackIR very good and I've not yet managed to set my TrackIR profile in a satisfactory way.

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

I am using the default profile here.

Most important is, to have "Center" and "Pause"-buttons mapped to the yoke...

SloMo

• Like 2