Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

This community is made up of everyone

Well said!

I enjoyed the discussion in the early stages but it has gotten repetitive. I think it is fair to sum up the discussion as follows:

Some - including me - don't like it, manny* do.

There has been no new argument on the last pages, so why not leave it with that, determine that the first payware 3rd-party airliner for MSFS being put together by stock assets is a tad unusual and therefore prone to draw different opinions, agree to disagree and continue with the exchange of expierience with the product.

* sorry, couldn't resist😌

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

The KLM and American Airlines paints are close to 500 downloads at flightsim.to, so it has sold better than I thought, and there are already flight dynamics and lighting improvement mods for it on there as well.

I hope the community can give this a go alongside the developer. Obviously it has quite a way to go, but it is not impossible if people want it to happen enough.

I think how this project progresses will shape the developer.  If they just dump this and run they are letting themselves in for a dim future.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

The KLM and American Airlines paints are close to 500 downloads at flightsim.to, so it has sold better than I thought, and there are already flight dynamics and lighting improvement mods for it on there as well.

I hope the community can give this a go alongside the developer. Obviously it has quite a way to go, but it is not impossible if people want it to happen enough.

Very positive! The numbers you indicate remind me of the magnitude of the Flight Simulator platform success. With over 2 million in sales, any impact from the negative publicity (regardless of warranted and unwarranted comments depending on your preferences and reasons) will eventually be history. Time will tell which releases become the go-to purchases for those new and old to the hobby. If the developers in the mod world  have the will to improve a model from very modest beginnings, it will happen. 

Edited by Doering
  • Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

To be honest, regardless of the price tag and without wanting to bash somebody, but I cannot understand how one can enjoy a plane that has no system depth and uses ugly looking interior textures in the virtual cockpit. The VC is so important for imagination and the atmosphere of a flight.

Someone said that the MAX looks like a FS98 plane from the interior (not exterior). I can underline this statement - for me it is the worst looking plane in MSFS so far. It nearly sounds impertinent to charge for it given the fact that skilled developers like Flybywire make the A32X for free. I would rather support / donate such developers or Youtube channels from flight enthusiast that give something back to the Community.

The only good thing is that if people complain enough, something can get better.

• Like 4

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

19 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Someone said that the MAX looks like a FS98 plane from the interior (not exterior). I can underline this statement

Really? Here is an FS98 cockpit and the MSFS MAX cockpit...

PMjgG2r.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

Really?

PMjgG2r.png

I think we have reached a point where some people just want to bash the plane for their own personal entertainment. To say it looks like FS98 is borderline insanity.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

The way I use FS2020, 4 screens +, The Max is really fun to fly.

I always put the pop out FD's on my lower monitor and on the sides of my main 3 monitors.

This gives me a really nice feel of actually being in the plane.

The Hud works great that way as well.

To me the textures and layout of the instruments is not that important, just the information I get from the displays.

The external view is very important though, and FS2020 excels at that as we all know.

Here is a photo of how I fly the Max, landing last evening in KBOS. All the instruments work perfectly and the STAR was flown flawlessly. BTW I use my home built controls for the AP etc, it can be seen on the right. The MBP on the left shows the approach plate.

I really like the feel of hand flying the Max. Nice heavy feel.

Max.jpg

• Like 6

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

18 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

cannot understand how one can enjoy a plane that has no system depth

Because not everyone cares about it, for some people flying around in a facsimile for fun is enough.

And it doesn’t have to be an all or nothing proposition either.

Back in P3D if time permitted, i.e. the rest of the family were out without me, I’d fly a real world flight in the PMDG NGXu gate to gate following real world SOP.

Then other times when time was short I’d jump into the VirtualCol A220 and put around doing circuits at some random airport.

So, that’s how one can enjoy a plane without systems depth.

Remind yourself of why you like aviation, could it be because it was fun?🤔

Not everything needs to be taken so seriously, especially in a sim where the consequence, if you wish, are nil.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Because not everyone cares about it, for some people flying around in a facsimile for fun is enough.

Remind yourself of why you like aviation, could it be because it was fun?🤔

Not everything needs to be taken so seriously, especially in a sim where the consequence, if you wish, are nil.

I usually don’t get involved in these conversations, but this is where the essence of this thread lies. You have the die hard most realistic simmers possible to those who appearances and functionality in the simulator are not a priority. There is no right or wrong about your desires and requirements from the aircraft in the sim, it is simply how you have your fun in the sky!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Did anyone download the lighting mod and the flight mod?

I tried them, and the speeds were higher with the flight mod, but one of them took out the comm displays, on 3 of the radios...

4 minutes ago, Doering said:

There is no right or wrong about your desires and requirements from the aircraft in the sim, it is simply how you have your fun in the sky!

So, you agree then? And answered your own question, right?

41 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

but I cannot understand how one can enjoy a plane that has no system depth

Good job!😃

Edited by Cmcollazo71

2 minutes ago, karlz said:

Did anyone download the lighting mod and the flight mod?

Wow! There are mods already?

Goes to show, despite the naysayers, this add on has been accepted. 

Not discounting it is also selling well.

Once, something is modded its here to stay, at least a while...

Those who have taken the plunge - how does the FDE feel?

Any FPS hit from the aircraft itself, or add on liveries that are coming through on .to?

T45